An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
So I recently purchased 4 of these scooters from University of California Riversides Excess Equipment sale for $30 each. (I guess they are illegal on campus and beat Lime in court.)

Anyways, luckily this post has been restored for me to gather some information on this communication protocol. I will not post code, but SUDO code.

I am assuming from your post that we are communicating over serial at 9600 baud. Is this correct?

If I just wanted to say turn on the headlight and do nothing else would the following work?

Start serial connection
Apply voltage to Blue Wire
Send Light On Command {0x46 ... 0x26}

I did these things but didn't get the scooter to do anything. Not even turn the screen on. I know that the screen works as when I charge the unit it shows the battery percentage and shows an error code.
ilukester wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:53 am
So I recently purchased 4 of these scooters from University of California Riversides Excess Equipment sale for $30 each. (I guess they are illegal on campus and beat Lime in court.)

Anyways, luckily this post has been restored for me to gather some information on this communication protocol. I will not post code, but SUDO code.

I am assuming from your post that we are communicating over serial at 9600 baud. Is this correct?

If I just wanted to say turn on the headlight and do nothing else would the following work?

Start serial connection
Apply voltage to Blue Wire
Send Light On Command {0x46 ... 0x26}

I did these things but didn't get the scooter to do anything. Not even turn the screen on. I know that the screen works as when I charge the unit it shows the battery percentage and shows an error code.
Baud is correct.

To turn off/on the headlight first you have to enable the scooter. That is the first. You can PM me with the command you come up with I will tell you if you are going the right way ;)

When you will enable, then the screen will light up with 00.0mph(?) and only then the headlight command works.
ilukester wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:43 am
Aw, so it isn't exactly a "Enable Motor Controller," but an enable scooter. Now if I am assuming that you only need to send this enable command once? Or is this a command that needs to be sent every second or so as a heart beat?
Well there is nothing else to enable on the scooter. So enable motor controller IS enable scooter...
hello everyone, very interesting work !
i found a broken lime s that had the front wheel fork broken and the gps unit flooded with water.
nevertheless i thought i would fix it instead of letting it be picked up by the trash truck.
i've been trying to send the activation command but with no luck, datalen is supposed to be 0x02 right ?
i tried using realterm, one by one andas one "phrase" and as a file but it doesnt seem to work the wheel is not spinning nothing is lighting up but i am able to communicate or atleast receive using an ftdi.
should i use an eol char ?
any help would be appreciated.
thanks !!
nobody wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:34 am
Zrohn wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:01 pm
Hi,
I understand not wanting to share the solution, but any and all help is much appreciated. I have the TX and RX lines connected to RealTerm and GND to GND and the blue wire hooked up to 3.3v. When I open up coms with a baud of 9600, I get a seemingly random loop of hex values. Is this normal?
Hi,
You are almost there!!
Before I wrote my code for microcontroller, I used RealTerm. RealTerm can be set up to "parse" incoming packets from scooter to show one packet on one line. This makes everything much easier. Then you will notice that incoming packets follows the protocol ZipperZ published.
From received data I was able to find out correct CRC16 type (my previous post). Then I constructed "turn on" packet, added two CRC bytes, hit "send" and scooter came to life. All you need is RealTerm, protocol description and online CRC calculator.

In my microcontroller code I have not even bothered to calculate CRC, but used hand precalculated values. After all you need only 4 different packets for basic control.
RealTerm is modifying my packet. It changes my CRC and [DATA] for the activation packet when I send it in the terminal window. Everything else seems to remain in the same place however the command doesn't work. Did you observe this happening at any time?

Edit: Turns out I just needed to take a rest. :)
ZipperZ wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:26 am
ilukester wrote:
Aw, so it isn't exactly a "Enable Motor Controller," but an enable scooter. Now if I am assuming that you only need to send this enable command once? Or is this a command that needs to be sent every second or so as a heart beat?
Well there is nothing else to enable on the scooter. So enable motor controller IS enable scooter...
I have 06e on dash comes on in a few min after i take charger out no throttle response not sure how to create stay alive message to scooter please help
Marley29 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:12 am
ZipperZ wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:26 am
ilukester wrote:
I have 06e on dash comes on in a few min after i take charger out no throttle response not sure how to create stay alive message to scooter please help
Resending the controller on command will reenable the scooter. Depending on how you're sending the command there are different ways of sending it as a heartbeat. If you're using a microcontroller, you will have to make a looping program while if you're using a Bluetooth spp device with a phone you need to make your app send the command automatically.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]