An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Xiaomi M365 Full Review - The First Shared Scooter[/b]

Original Post:
Came across a conversion kit on eBay to turn Bird's Xiaomi MIJIA M365 scooter into a personal unit. The expected delivery date is longer than I'd like, Nov 5 - 15th. Fingers crossed this works. :D

Be on the lookout for a full review once it shows up.

Durable Board Dashboard bluetooth Module Part for Xiaomi MIJIA M365 BIRD Scooter

Note: Some eBay sellers are shipping reproduction Circuit Boards. Some users have reported issues pairing the scooter to the Mi Home App when using these boards. Refer to this post to see how to tell a real from a fake. Big thanks to @wu wear for figuring this out.

Bird Model This Works With
Xiaomi MIJIA M365
Last edited by humanbeing21 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 14 times in total.
By druinthor
Surely it’s not as easy as you’re implying. If all it took to hot wire a Bird scooter was swapping circuit boards everybody would be doing this.

Looking forward to your write up.
By humanbeing21
I'm still waiting on the scooter motherboard to arrive. The last activity was on 11/09 when the package landed in the US. They gave me a delivery window between 11/09 - 11/15 so theirs a little time left.

Hopefully it isn't held up somewhere.
By Rocksta87
Was this a plug in play project? I'm not handy but if it's as easy as you say I may just give this a shot.

The screen shot of the app setting for the scooter is interesting. Does the cruise control and energy recovery strength work?
By humanbeing21
This was a 100% plug n play project. You'll need specialty bits to remove all the Bird hardware. I still have some cosmetic work to do and will post a step by step guide on how to do this. Will probably have time to get to it over the weekend.

I've only driven the scooter up and down the street to test that it worked. Haven't had an opportunity to explore the app yet.
I also bought a “kit” very similar to yours, I paid the extra dough (about $50 total) to get it from a domestic seller so it would get here quick. I converted a scooter a few weeks ago and it ran fine, though apparently there’s a bug in the board that is a common-ish problem where the headlight shorts out the board. So you can either have a working scooter, or a giant flashlight, but not both at once. Not the worst thing in the world.

Anyway, it’s not like I really care, but I can’t figure out how to connect to the scooter in the app. I chalked it up to the fact that it’s not a consumer M365 and that it was made specifically for bird, so maybe it’s missing the proper hardware, but now I’m curious. As long as I have the same motherboard as you do, I should be able to connect through the app. If you have any tips or can explain what you did, I’d really appreciate it!
By humanbeing21
I rode mine to and from work this week and it worked flawlessly. I love the cruise control! You hold down the throttle for 5 secs, the scooter beeps then you’re crushing at that speed until the brakes are hit.

@throwmeawaybro2515 Did you receive an OEM board? Mine came in a sealed box with a Xiaomi sticker sealing it. I tried ordering from one of the US inventory sellers and it got shady quick. Opted to wait on shipping from China and it was worth it.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]