An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Zrohn wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm
I thought I would add that if you're looking for 5v for an Arduino or similar. Rather than using the voltage regulator in the green box, you can use the 5v coming from the unused connector on the motor controller.
Programming connector? Be carefull to not overload it, because it may influence the stability of the controller if you trigger brownout, or pull down voltage references used for measurments (I am almost sure that for reference they are using simple resistive voltage dividers)

EDIT: I think that it is safer to use 5V from the dash, because in case you overload it, this would only influence the display. But you would need to solder an additional wire on the pcb
tokala wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:48 pm
0xB193 would become 0xB1 0x93 as your checksum.
Hello,

By sending, with Realterm, the activation command "0x46, 0x43, ...0xB1, 0x93", the control module does not activate. I get the frames emitted by the control module " 46 58 ..... F1 D3 EF". I tried with an arduino nano, same thing

My questions ;-)

1) Is there a handshake between the "arduino nano" and the original controller?

2) Is it enough to send the activation command to the original module to revive the scooter, or are there initialization phases?

thank in advance
Hi

I have not used Realterm to send commands but it should work. I'm not sure the format you are sending the string as, I send each hex value of the string with a write of its own.

I do not set any particular handshaking or flow control so standard software flow control rules.

You should be able to simply send the correct unlock string/code to the motor controller and it will turn on.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]