An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By Alex87
Hello,

Is it possible to check if firmware was customized on M365 Pro, i belive user burned the mosfet or front wheel motor by disabling kers and changing speed and Amps. My question how to see if firmware was changed is there any way?
By 0x5C001B01
Alex87 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 am
Hello,

Is it possible to check if firmware was customized on M365 Pro, i belive user burned the mosfet or front wheel motor by disabling kers and changing speed and Amps. My question how to see if firmware was changed is there any way?
You need an swd debugger. Stlinks are often used. There are tutorials on it, but you need to read instead of write. I don't know if there's on-chip protection on it, in which case let me know.

The hardest part to do correctly is comparing all the known decrypted firmwares to the one you dumped, because the offsets need to be correct for the checksums to match.

To take your suspicion a bit further, I think there is a known issue with some stock firmware version for the pro in which leaving KERs on "strong" could burn the mosfets on the motor controller. Correct me if I'm wrong.
By michi_gecko
Who is the user, other than you?
Or what is your role in this?

If there was some CFW on it, and later it was upgraded to the official version you have no chance to see that.

Burning the MOSFET with KERS on medium/high seems to be a common problem with stock FW. Also killing the motor on Sports Mode seems to be happening sometimes.
First you should analyse the fault exactly, before you look for the reason.
Disabling KERS is the least feasible reason for any problem.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]