An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By lurkinglime
These just recently showed around here. I think they've replaced the whole fleet, at least from what I've seen. They're nice, though nearly identical to the Bird Zero. The upside is the larger wheels/motor. From the photos I've seen, they have those fancy batteries inside an aluminum enclosure. However, I read that they are pretty much useless to us. Apparently they have very unique, but fancy, connectors, but also a set of 3 communication cables that attach to the controller. If the BMS doesn't get the feedback it expects from the controller, it cuts the power. It's a shame, because they look really nice, but it's more work than it's worth to dig out the silicone and try to bypass the BMS. I wonder what will happen with them when they make it to the secondary market, via auctions and the like. I guess people will recycle them or take them apart to salvage the cells. Maybe some clever person will figure out a way around the security measures. It's smart though. I know I've seen a few other models laying around with the battery snatched right out of it. Surely this will deter that sort of behavior.
By Freebird
Yep.

First Gen scooters - consumer grade scooters with proprietary dashboard or controller substituted and some torx security screws

Second Gen Scooters - Custom frames with proprietary controllers and some proprietary screws

Third gen scooters - locked components like batteries and motors that won't work with generic parts.

Amazing how it has evolved in less than nine months. Last weekend I went downtown and the only Birds were Bird One models. The ES and M365 are long gone.
By lurkinglime
I haven't heard if the motors are usable yet, but I did see photos of the internals. They look significantly larger, and have 40 magnets. Will this result in more power? Hopefully they can be made to work.
By Blessedb14
Red Day wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:47 am

The battery this tank comes with is a 36v 12.8 Ah. I was wondering how hard it would be to use this for s segway es-4 or a Xiaomi M365? I currently have an M365 sitting empty W no battery at all In it. Any tips ?
All you need is a good grinder
By Warsome Jamison
sliebowitz wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:18 am
i have one, and when connected to a new controller is makes almost a whining noise when accelerating. is that a phase wire issue?
What did you use to get it going? and did you solve this issue?
By samzone

i already find the way to remove the battery pack from the aluminum case without brake anything very easy and i also find the way to use the battery without shut down the power i complete convert one and is running 22 or 23 mph

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]