An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
ZipperZ wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:03 pm
1215941571 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:58 pm
For testing purposes, could I just wire my arduino up to the TX and RX wires on the capped plug from the green box? And power the arduino by usb as a temporary solution?
The capped plug (unused one) I guess is only for debuging the "green box". The commands described here have nothing to do with that connector. These commands go to the connected one

Edit: But maybe you could find something usefull there. There are things to be explored ;)
Ah, makes sense. Interfacing with the scooter directly seems to be the simplest solution though, I'll start with that. I noticed the green box connects via a 5 pin connector. Besides tx and rx, are there any other wires that need to be used for this to work?

(I assume the others are used to power the board in use, but I'll supply my own power for now) I'm looking to start with the bare minimum and work my way up from there.
1215941571 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:00 pm
ZipperZ wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:03 pm
1215941571 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:58 pm
For testing purposes, could I just wire my arduino up to the TX and RX wires on the capped plug from the green box? And power the arduino by usb as a temporary solution?
The capped plug (unused one) I guess is only for debuging the "green box". The commands described here have nothing to do with that connector. These commands go to the connected one

Edit: But maybe you could find something usefull there. There are things to be explored ;)
Ah, makes sense. Interfacing with the scooter directly seems to be the simplest solution though, I'll start with that. I noticed the green box connects via a 5 pin connector. Besides tx and rx, are there any other wires that need to be used for this to work?

(I assume the others are used to power the board in use, but I'll supply my own power for now) I'm looking to start with the bare minimum and work my way up from there.
In this thread there are multiple posts about the connectors and their pinouts
galaksy2001 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:46 pm
nobody wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:20 pm
I have had problem with CRC, but analyzing packets speed controller sends after ENABLE pin goes high, I have been able to get correct polynomial etc.. Naturally it sends same CRC as it awaits.
Hi ;) Do you confirm it's CRC-16 with poly 0x1021 ?
Hi, yes 0x1021 is correct. But you also need correct init and other things.
I have isolated one packet coming from speed controller and pasted it to online calculator. Then I could find the correct CRC by comparing what controller sent with calculated result.
Easy....
Zrohn wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:01 pm
Hi,
I understand not wanting to share the solution, but any and all help is much appreciated. I have the TX and RX lines connected to RealTerm and GND to GND and the blue wire hooked up to 3.3v. When I open up coms with a baud of 9600, I get a seemingly random loop of hex values. Is this normal?
Hello,

If you are getting those values it is a good start ;) If you would take a look at them, they are not random. There is the same format applied as in the beginning of this topic.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]