An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
I'm back with my question, because no one respond to it. It was in post:

https://scootertalk.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 837#p13837
Is it possible to use Xiaomi m365 controller? I know that's a little bit expensive, but have connections to rear brake light and front light. Also for Dash/speed display.
M365 have 250W motor and ie. Lime 2.5 have 300W. So it can be a little bit slower or it will not start or Burn... ?
Mick Ray wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:52 am
I'm back with my question, because no one respond to it. It was in post:

https://scootertalk.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 837#p13837
Is it possible to use Xiaomi m365 controller? I know that's a little bit expensive, but have connections to rear brake light and front light. Also for Dash/speed display.
M365 have 250W motor and ie. Lime 2.5 have 300W. So it can be a little bit slower or it will not start or Burn... ?
Using a controller stronger than a motor is ok but using a controller weaker than a motor will burn the controller. So the answer is no. Although you can manage to not throttle to Max but it is not practical especially on uphill.
fdaremi wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:43 pm
Feeksi wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:05 pm
So.... Reading, reading, reading....
Has anyone written up a wiring diagram for the generic eBay controller? I see the diagram for the controller side is easily found, but what goes where on the scooter side would be a great help.

Seems everyone works it out and then disappears :lol:
The simplest way to explain it:
3 wires from the scooter throttle are connected to 3 wires labeled as throttle on the controller.
5 hall sensor wires from the scooter wheel to 5 wires labeled as hall sensor on the controller.
3 wires from the motor in the wheel to 3 wires labeled motor on the controller.
2 wire from the 36v and negative from the battery to the controller red and black power wire. (There is a thin red wire connected to the controller thick 36v wire used as a lock to turn on and off the controller).
Of course, you need to know how to disassemble the scooter and access these wires and little soldering skills to connect them to each other.
Hi
I have a question on the hall capteur !
I think on the lime 2.5 doesen't exist ?
So with the generic controler, i dont know where can i conect this 5 or 6 wire.
Des it important if this wire dont connected...
Thank's
ericsonne2621 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:19 am
fdaremi wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:43 pm
Feeksi wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:05 pm
So.... Reading, reading, reading....
Has anyone written up a wiring diagram for the generic eBay controller? I see the diagram for the controller side is easily found, but what goes where on the scooter side would be a great help.

Seems everyone works it out and then disappears :lol:
The simplest way to explain it:
3 wires from the scooter throttle are connected to 3 wires labeled as throttle on the controller.
5 hall sensor wires from the scooter wheel to 5 wires labeled as hall sensor on the controller.
3 wires from the motor in the wheel to 3 wires labeled motor on the controller.
2 wire from the 36v and negative from the battery to the controller red and black power wire. (There is a thin red wire connected to the controller thick 36v wire used as a lock to turn on and off the controller).
Of course, you need to know how to disassemble the scooter and access these wires and little soldering skills to connect them to each other.
Hi
I have a question on the hall capteur !
I think on the lime 2.5 doesen't exist ?
So with the generic controler, i dont know where can i conect this 5 or 6 wire.
Des it important if this wire dont connected...
Thank's
Lime 2.5 has hall sensors on motor and it is important for sensing of movment, direction and speed.
The above picture is the original lime controller. Cables can be used on a generic controller. Cable 5 has 3 motor phase wire and 5 hall sensor wires.
I hope these pictures that I collected from this group help you to figure wiring up. Otherwise, ask someone to help you.
Hi Guys, so I bought a 350w generic controller and fitted it. Scooter was working just fine:

I designed an enclosure for all components and start printing on my Ender 5 3D Printer:

12 hours later the base was done:

At this moment I am printing the cover (it's a 13 hours job):

BTW, I did my wires with shrinking tube and TESA tape (looks awesome).

The controller that I bought was a big one (in size) but now I am looking to buy a smaller one (that one with an S866 LCD Display).

I'll come back with the cover and everything fitted! :)
Mike mike wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:31 pm
Hi Guys, so I bought a 350w generic controller and fitted it. Scooter was working just fine:

I designed an enclosure for all components and start printing on my Ender 5 3D Printer:

12 hours later the base was done:

At this moment I am printing the cover (it's a 13 hours job):

BTW, I did my wires with shrinking tube and TESA tape (looks awesome).

The controller that I bought was a big one (in size) but now I am looking to buy a smaller one (that one with an S866 LCD Display).

I'll come back with the cover and everything fitted! :)
Wow I like the box you designed. Do you mind if you share the stl files? ;)
OK, I received controller from Ali. Connected and works, but... Have some important questions.

This controller is thick. Have about 36,5 mm of height. But inside, when you open it, just controller (board) is thinner. It saves about 12 mm or little more.

1. Can I take off the radiator (alu box) and put this to some kind of other box to make it smaller?
Original controller seems to be filled with some kind of silicone.

It could change my idea to do something great

2. How can I disassemble brake string from rear wheel?
Inside, there looks like drum brakes. Do I have to unscrew this black part where this string is or unscrew the last screw, at ending of string? But I cant unscrew this. Maybe it's a better way to do it and I don't know about it?
Here is picture I found:

Mick Ray wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:05 am
OK, I received controller from Ali. Connected and works, but... Have some important questions.

This controller is thick. Have about 36,5 mm of height. But inside, when you open it, just controller (board) is thinner. It saves about 12 mm or little more.

1. Can I take off the radiator (alu box) and put this to some kind of other box to make it smaller?
Original controller seems to be filled with some kind of silicone.

It could change my idea to do something great

2. How can I disassemble brake string from rear wheel?
Inside, there looks like drum brakes. Do I have to unscrew this black part where this string is or unscrew the last screw, at ending of string? But I cant unscrew this. Maybe it's a better way to do it and I don't know about it?
Here is picture I found:

You can change the heatsink to another, just attach the transistors to a new heatsink firmly and apply enough heatsink compound.

About the brake like, hold the big nut, loosen the smaller and then unscrew everything

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]