An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Mick Ray wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 am
Paul SAVOYE wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:47 am
I don't think anyone turned on original dash with china controller. You have to buy a battery tester and connect it after your switch.
Maybe, but as I said. When I connect charger to charging port, and inside scooter there is original controller and dash (and battery of course), display show up and displaying current % of battery. So maybe I ask in different way:

If I connect this dash/display between charger and battery all will be normal, is it safe? Nothing explodes or burn? ;) Voltage will be the same. If it's not dangerous, I can check will it work or not, but don't want to burn anything :)
I bought this charger off eBay. During charging the LED on the charger is red when the battery charged completely the LED turn to Green. It is an automatic charger. Nothing explodes :mrgreen: :D .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-Seller-2-0 ... 2749.l2649
By Bigemul
Paul SAVOYE wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:56 pm
fdaremi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 pm
My lime 2.5 scooter with generic controller has top speed of 19.5 mph.
:mrgreen: :geek: :mrgreen:
How many A ? and 350W or 500W ?
Did you need to reprogram a couple of things or "plug and play" ? 19 seems quite a lot but I'd be more than happy with 10.
By fdaremi
Bigemul wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:45 pm
Paul SAVOYE wrote:
fdaremi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 pm
My lime 2.5 scooter with generic controller has top speed of 19.5 mph.
:mrgreen: :geek: :mrgreen:
Did you need to reprogram a couple of things or "plug and play" ? 19 seems quite a lot but I'd be more than happy with 10.
It is direct conversion no programing done. I am using generic throttle and controller. The controller didn't work that well with the stock throttle. I was surprised that performance improved using generic throttle.
By Bigemul
fdaremi wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:49 pm
Bigemul wrote:
Paul SAVOYE wrote:

It is direct conversion no programing done. I am using generic throttle and controller. The controller didn't work that well with the stock throttle. I was surprised that performance improved using generic throttle.
In fact, I'm wondering why some people seem to need to reprogram everything and others just "plug and play".
By Paul SAVOYE
Bigemul wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:53 pm
fdaremi wrote:
Bigemul wrote:

In fact, I'm wondering why some people seem to need to reprogram everything and others just "plug and play".
Some people want to use original controller so they have to do some programs
By Bigemul
Paul SAVOYE wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:01 pm
Bigemul wrote:
fdaremi wrote:

Is there any advantage in using the original controller ?
So.... Reading, reading, reading....
Has anyone written up a wiring diagram for the generic eBay controller? I see the diagram for the controller side is easily found, but what goes where on the scooter side would be a great help.

Seems everyone works it out and then disappears :lol:
By Paul SAVOYE
Bigemul wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 pm
Paul SAVOYE wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:01 pm
Bigemul wrote:

Is there any advantage in using the original controller ?
Original dashboard working, same speed, no big china controller at the front of the scooter , not a lot of welding and don't need to open the scooter
Feeksi wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:05 pm
So.... Reading, reading, reading....
Has anyone written up a wiring diagram for the generic eBay controller? I see the diagram for the controller side is easily found, but what goes where on the scooter side would be a great help.

Seems everyone works it out and then disappears :lol:
The simplest way to explain it:
3 wires from the scooter throttle are connected to 3 wires labeled as throttle on the controller.
5 hall sensor wires from the scooter wheel to 5 wires labeled as hall sensor on the controller.
3 wires from the motor in the wheel to 3 wires labeled motor on the controller.
2 wire from the 36v and negative from the battery to the controller red and black power wire. (There is a thin red wire connected to the controller thick 36v wire used as a lock to turn on and off the controller).
Of course, you need to know how to disassemble the scooter and access these wires and little soldering skills to connect them to each other.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]