Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
tokala wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:40 am
This is the pins I'm using on my Nano.

PIN 3 - Motor controller Blue wire
PIN 10 - Serial RX (motor controller yellow wite)
PIN 11 - Serial TX (motor controller green wire)
GND - motor controller black wire

** NOTE!!! ** There be Dragons!
The red wire from the motor controller is 36V.
You will need to use a voltage regulator to run the Arduino
or use the 4V from the regulator in the green box.
What do you do with the red wire on the motor controller green tip cable?

The main wire (with the green capped plug), has red, black, blue, yellow and green wires. These wires plug into a voltage regulator which has red, black, white, orange, yellow and green wires coming out.
Use the red and black wires that come OUT of the voltage regulator to supply your Arduino, they supply 4V.
Use the yellow and green wires that come IN to the voltage regulator as your serial TX and RX.

Basically you are only using the power from the voltage regulator (red and black wires) and the serial that comes into the green box (yellow and green wires). I cut the yellow and green wires off the plug and connect them to the Arduino.

ZipperZ wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:01 pm
And the motor controller:
Command composition:
"MotCtrlAdd" "DevAdd" "RW" "Command" "Unk#1" "DataLen" "[DATA]" "Chk"

Thank you very much for detailed protocol description ZippperZ!! To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

A few lines of code for microcontroller, soldering some wires and scooter is running. I have had problem with CRC, but analyzing packets speed controller sends after ENABLE pin goes high, I have been able to get correct polynomial etc.. Naturally it sends same CRC as it awaits.
You must have starred into hexadecimal numbers for a quite some time before figuring all out. Amazing job!

My code/solution still needs polishing. So far I have not even tried to readout firmware version. Hopefully I will post it soon.

I will not post my code as you asked. It is piece of cake for people with basic electronics / programming skills to do it by themselves following your protocol description.

Again, thank you very much for your effort! To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
ZipperZ, Paul SAVOYE, Zrohn liked this

Stradonitz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 am
Hello, Thank you for your work, I read the whole thing and it turns out that I do not understand a part. Once the arduino connected to the Lime controller series, what program should run on the arduino. thank you
The program YOU will create. To be honest I used arduino for the first time while doing this and it took me only few hours to "google-out" the information. If you do not have any background in uC programming it might take you a day or two. Good luck To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
fdaremi liked this

ZipperZ wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:07 am
The program YOU will create. To be honest I used arduino for the first time while doing this and it took me only few hours to "google-out" the information. If you do not have any background in uC programming it might take you a day or two. Good luck To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
I wish I had the Arduino scetch. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Thank you very much for the information this was allot og fun putting together, last 3 hours of the time i used on getting this to work was because i forgot a "," in my code To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
if it's not to much trouble wold it be possible to ask you for some information about how you got access to the Android system? Would be fun looking at how that works, but after 9 hours in front og the computer im going to sleep and keeping my fingers crossed for a hint in the right direction when i wake up To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

I'm sorry, but your solution is for people with an engineering degree in electronics, which is not my case.
I understand that it is not necessary to propose a method ready made it would be too easy but here I admit that it is too complicated for my skills ...
Line of codes, arduino, rx, tx, ... It's too much for me!
I find it a shame to have 2 lime 2.5 and put them in the trash.
It's bad for the environment and without any interest ...
Good continuation

ericsonne2621 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:50 pm
I'm sorry, but your solution is for people with an engineering degree in electronics, which is not my case.
I understand that it is not necessary to propose a method ready made it would be too easy but here I admit that it is too complicated for my skills ...
Good continuation
Just buy a generic controller... Why you want to use original controller ?

ericsonne2621 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:50 pm
Good continuation
Sorry, but I have never meant to share a "solution". I am sharing only my findings on communication. That is it.
UgloBuglo liked this

TIER ES200-B

Hi guys, I buy one of these Tier scooters on auc[…]

Hi trying to understand the difference between th[…]

Hello guys, Is someone know if it's possible to s[…]

FROG X6 Scooter

This is not the type of attitude we welcome on thi[…]