An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
New to this forum. Have only been a spectator without a voice or thought. Yesterday, purchased a Bird Scooter from a police garage impound and would like to convert it to my own but I know NOTHING about circuitry, computers, sim cards, hot wiring, etc..... Need some grade A assistance in form of some good 'ole plain, non-technical (English) instructions as to what I have to purchase and/or do first in order to get this project going. I'm hoping to get acclimated quickly with a quick beginners course by someone who was once in my shoes. Thanks in advance to all....Good day!
Last edited by Bee Barro on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Assuming you don’t know what model it is, can you post a picture here?
Bee Barro wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:48 pm
New to this forum. Have only been a spectator without a voice or thought. Yesterday, purchased a Bird Scooter from a police garage impound and would like to convert it to my own but I know [NOTHING about circuitry, computers, sim cards, hot wiring, etc..... Need some grade A assistance in form of some good 'ole plain, non-technical instructions as to what I have to purchase and/or do first in order to get this project going. I'm hoping to get acclimated quickly with quick beginners course by someone who was once I my shoes. Thanks in advance to all. Good day!
I also bought my from the impound as it were, so I'll have to convert it back to stock.

I have a ES2 I think. The model number is SNSC1.0

From What I understand the easiest way to convert it is to buy a controller and run without display.

Seems pretty cheap also.

I've disassemble al the big parts.
With wiring still intact.

What does the blue lamp on the internal battery mean.?

Is it more than 1 gps inside the scooter?

Were do I find a controller that's guaranteed gonna be a plug n play ? If that's the case.

I'm totally lost with al the talk about firmware and flashing. So I can't go that route. 🤣😝

Grateful for help. ;) :D

Best regards
Lots of questions here, post a picture of the scooter and we'll be able to better assist you.

When you say a controller, I'm assuming you mean a motor controller?
In my experience I haven't had to purchase a motor controller yet, just flash the stock firmware to the old motor controller and buy a dashboard from literally anywhere, the quality will vary but it should work.
schenki wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 pm
I also bought my from the impound as it were, so I'll have to convert it back to stock.

From What I understand the easiest way to convert it is to buy a controller and run without display.

Seems pretty cheap also.

Were do I find a controller that's guaranteed gonna be a plug n play ? If that's the case.

I'm totally lost with al the talk about firmware and flashing. So I can't go that route. 🤣😝

Best regards
Sc00tr wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:37 pm
Lots of questions here, post a picture of the scooter and we'll be able to better assist you.

When you say a controller, I'm assuming you mean a motor controller?
In my experience I haven't had to purchase a motor controller yet, just flash the stock firmware to the old motor controller and buy a dashboard from literally anywhere, the quality will vary but it should work.
schenki wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Seems pretty cheap also.

Best regards

Yes , i mean the controller in the pipe, i recon that's called motor controller then .
It's as you can see disassembled now it has a external battery on the pole and has the blue accelerator and grey brake on the the steering. The dash is completely destroyed I'd say. Bought it as partly wrecked. As you can see..

Is it hard to learn how to flash the firmware? I'm totally lost with electronics :lol: .

And can you please link to a guide for dummies how to flash the firmware?

If not is it possible to buy a plug and play controller?

I didn't get the charger with the scooter, what do I need to look for when buying a charger ? :? :shock:

Thankful for any help or tip.

Best regards
By flashing u mean flashing the dash or the controller? Because I heard that if u buy a new dash sometimes it cannot flash any fw to controller. For mine I just bought a device called st link v2 and I followed instructions on this link to flash the dashboard : https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15 and I reflashed the motherboard via Bluetooth with ES_downg(available on Android play store). U need to plug the dash and power on the scooter before flashing motherboard(controller)

For the charger just search on Amazon a cheap m365 charger. all shared scooters use the same charger because before adding new models they had segway and xiaomi scooters in their fleets. And both models use the same charger.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]