An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
ZipperZ wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:53 pm
If anyone is interested this is a tool I have made from cheap 18mm-19mm box spanner to remove front fork:

Nice paint job.
So connecting the blue wire on the green connector of the controller to 3.3 volts will unlock Lime S 2.5 controller? :? I see you are using stock Lime controller and dashboard how?
ericsonne2621 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:19 pm
Bonsoir,
En français pour faire avancer les choses...
La nouvelle lime parisienne semble compliquée
J'ai acheté sur aliexpress le kit contrôleur/carte mère /chargeur.
Plusieurs difficultés !
Les câbles ne sont pas plug and play et il faut jouer du fer à souder
De surcroît le nouveau contrôleur ne rentre pas dans le Corp de la lime
Il est trop long
Après branchement le contrôleur démarre le Bluetooth se connecte bien à l'application ninebot et les mise à jour se font correctement
En revanche un bip retenti en permanence et une erreur 21 à priori lié à un problème de connexion batterie.
Il y a plusieurs câbles que je n'ai pas réussi à connecter ou un peu au hasard...
En résumé et en l'état ça ne marche pas
Je suis en revanche intéressé par vos retours d'expérience !!!
Attend c'est une lime segway ou une lime custom ? Car si c'est le modèle propriétaire de Lime tu as acheté la mauvaise pièce ! Les contrôleurs segway sont uniquement pour les trottinettes segway.
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:18 pm
Hey everyone, I just finished reading the 98 pages of this thread over the past few days. From what I have read, someone posted a method that had to do with buying a dash and flashing custom firmware via the phone app, however it appears that it has not worked for anyone. The other option that I have seen is buying a dash and controller and matching the serials via the app and an admin account that can be had from the seller (hopefully). This appears to be the only way to get them working like stock with dash, lights, etc.

I have been over in the Bird Zero thread getting those going, we have made little progress in figuring out how to hack the stock controller. The only option as of now (similar to this thread) is to replace the stock controller with a Chinese option like the XLD Brainpower controller. All of the following applies to both the ES1/2/3/4 and Bird Zero models.

very good friendisimo.

me also finished reading all 102 pages, hot DAMN took me 3 or 4 days.

to other people
the lazy people that screw themselves trying to "hack" flash the firmware with ninebot a ninebot lime scooter, the moment you connect ninebot app to dashboard of a stolen/city auctioned scooter you lock your dashboard forever !! (after that, i guess only lime company has a key to unlock it)

if you'd read all 102 pages like me, you would know that, and never connect ninebot sh*t to lime scooter dashboard.

so limes are the most problematic to power up :D

there is a way to flash the dashboard, if it's an older model 1.5. something, i forgot, so if you want the answer, READ the whole 102 pages you lazy basterds !!!

orca12 and others that found the unlock command, does it unlock the controller for as long as you use it and if you dont use it 30min or if you power it off by yourself, and then power it on again do you need to resend the unlock command every time like this ?

i am guessing since some said there is no way to flash the controller, and as far as i know the control commands are inside the controller MCU, the lock command unchanged even if you found how to send to it unlock command?

i am electronic hobbyist, dont know nothing about coding, funny to see different disciplines of coders and hardware in action, no 1 looked at the hardware aspect because the know how here are coders :)

i have a dashboard with handlebar and controller, i think it's from lime zs2.5.

caps are 63v, means you can hook to it a battery upto 60v and go faster, but on a safe side 55v
mosfets are ST110N7F6 68v 110A 5.5mO at 25C temperature, 80A at 100C, which are better mosfets then any other 250w rated chinese controller i fiddled with, usually they use counterfeit 50v-75v 80A 8mO mosfets that dont even hold to the stated specs and die faster under lower loads.

STmicroelectronics is actually good company, nice to see quality mosfets.

so if you remove the grey rubber carefully, you can mod the shunt, you will find a copper/redish looking metal bar sticking out of the green pcb in a shape of a staple/upside down U.
depends on the impedance of the the motor, if it's high, we can mod the shunt to pass more current, but if impedance is low, it resembles as low resistance, and if the resistance of the motor is low, the initial amperage can be very high and the MCU will not respond fast enough to regulate the current and the mosfets will fry, because it's a matter of milliseconds.

i dont have a clamp meter atm to test how many amps are sent to the motor at peak and see the multiplication ratio between the battery/phase amps, when you get the battery amps/phase amps ratio you can calculate how many phase amps are sent if you raise battery amps after the mod to lets say 25A instead of 15A (: and then you will feel the power & get addicted ! (small wheel diameter has advantage of higher leverage than bigger wheels)
Last edited by scriewy on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Risitas98 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:26 am
ericsonne2621 wrote:
Bonsoir,
Plusieurs difficultés !
Il est trop long
Après branchement le contrôleur démarre le Bluetooth se connecte bien à l'application ninebot et les mise à jour se font correctement
En revanche un bip retenti en permanence et une erreur 21 à priori lié à un problème de connexion batterie.
Il y a plusieurs câbles que je n'ai pas réussi à connecter ou un peu au hasard...
Attend c'est une lime segway ou une lime custom ? Car si c'est le modèle propriétaire de Lime tu as acheté la mauvaise pièce ! Les contrôleurs segway sont uniquement pour les trottinettes segway.
So the Aliexpress kit is only for the Lime Segway, not for the lime Custom. Have you ever seen in Paris the Lime Segway ?
I found the otherday an abonned lime, I think it’s a custom, not a Segway.
Is there any kit for that ?

Thanks !
ericsonne2621 wrote:
Bonsoir,
Plusieurs difficultés !
Il est trop long
Qu’entends-tu par la nouvelle lime parisienne ? Tu aurais une photo ?
Le boîtier vert est en haut ou en bas ?
scriewy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:36 am
very good friendisimo.

me also finished reading all 102 pages, hot DAMN took me 3 or 4 days.

the lazy people that screw themselves trying to "hack" flash the firmware with ninebot a ninebot lime scooter, the moment you connect ninebot app to dashboard of a stolen/city auctioned scooter you lock your dashboard forever !! (after that, i guess only lime company has a key to unlock it)

if you'd read all 102 pages like me, you would know that, and never connect ninebot sh*t to lime scooter dashboard.

so limes are the most problematic to power up :D

there is a way to flash the dashboard, if it's an older model 1.5. something, i forgot, so if you want the answer, READ the whole 102 pages you lazy basterds !!!

orca12 and others that found the unlock command, does it unlock the controller for as long as you use it and if you dont use it 30min it or if you power it off by yourself, and then power it on again do you need to resend the unlock command every time like this ?
There is a "limit". There was somewhere in those 102 pages mentioned that there are some "stuck" 2.5 scooters that have the display on, but do not work.
i am guessing since some said there is no way to flash the controller, and as far as i know the control commands are inside the controller MCU, the lock command unchanged even if you found how to send it unlock command?
There is a way, the factory way at least. And "most likely" bootloader way, from GPS/LTE board, so they can issue a mass update for the motor controllers... Even for the ones that are still somewhere in the bushes or impounds... Maybe even dash somehow?
i am electronic hobbyist, dont know nothing about coding, funny to see different disciplines of coders and hardware in action, no 1 looked at the hardware aspect because the know how here are coders :)

i have a dashboard with handlebar and controller, i think it's from lime zs2.5.

caps are 63v, means you can hook to it a battery upto 60v and go faster, but on a safe side 55v
mosfets are ST110N7F6 110A 5.5mO at 25C temperature, 80A at 100C, which are better mosfets then any other 250w rated chinese controller i fiddled with, usually they use counterfeit 50v-75v 80A 8mO mosfets that dont even hold to the stated specs and die faster under lower loads.
Did not test that, but it is monitoring the battery voltage, so I am assuming there might be a HIGH limit also. You would need to change the measuring circuit.
STmicroelectronics is actually good company, nice to see quality mosfets.

so if you remove the grey rubber carefully, you can mod the shunt, you will find a copper/redish looking metal bar sticking out of the green pcb in a shape of a staple/upside down U.
depends on the impedance of the the motor, if it's high, we can mod the shunt to pass more current, but if impedance is low, it resembles as low resistance, and if the resistance of the motor is low, the initial amperage can be very high and the MCU will not respond enough to regulate the current and the mosfets will fry, because it's a matter of milliseconds.
I have marked in green the "copper/redish looking metal bar" and it is nowhere to go lower. You might only try shorting it, but it will not be controlled anymore if it was. (most likely you would get an error) But if you would check the circuit even further I am sure you would find a current amplifier on which you could change amplification. Maybe the circuit would handle a bit higher currents, but back EMF would kill it...

i dont have a clamp meter atm to test how many amps are sent to the motor at peak and see the multiplication ratio between the battery amps, when you get the battery amps/phase amps ratio you can calculate how many phase amps are sent if you raise battery amps after the mod to lets say 25A instead of 15A (: and then you will feel the power & get addicted ! (small wheel diameter has advantage of higher leverage than bigger wheels)
At this point you could simply go with a 500W controller... Because you would still need to add a bigger radiator, which would mean you would need to mount it outside the steering pole...
If you would aim for 10% increase then I would not have a problem with that ;)
Hello

Can you explain how you make it works the lime dashboard ? You connect to the chinese controller from alyexpress? If yes how?
ZipperZ wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:53 pm
If anyone is interested this is a tool I have made from cheap 18mm-19mm box spanner to remove front fork:

And a stencil for that tool:

And also a "finished" product:
Last edited by Alex2425 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]