An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By )_0
I used a bird zero battery and it works fine now. I get a max speed of 25mph but im still messing with the motor controller. Im not sure how long it will hold up but I will post more updates .
By hophamsean
Scooterm355 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:21 pm
)_0 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 am
Just installed 10000w motor controller. The 350w controller was to slow. I got it all soldered up and it is a beast ,but when i go up hill it shuts off. I have to disconnect battery and plug it back to get it to spin again. Anyone having the same problem. If so any suggestions ? I think it might have something to do with the BMS.
This does sound awesome what is your top speed? It shuts off when it receives to much power as in going up hills gives it a wattage boost to push more and eventually it’s shoving 1000w into a 350w rated motor and same with bms
Is the Model 590 really a 350w motor? I can't find that written anywhere.
)_0 wrote:I used a bird zero battery and it works fine now. I get a max speed of 25mph but im still messing with the motor controller. Im not sure how long it will hold up but I will post more updates .
So by upgrading to 1000w from 350w controller, you got a speed gain of like 9mph? that's awesome. I wonder if 500w could produce this much speed without harming the motor too much... :idea:
By absolutejdm
Can you provide a link on where you got your motor controller from? And what is a “BMS”? Where is it located and how to remove it?
lurkinglime wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:13 am
I can't say with any authority, but I've experienced similar reactions with my projects. If I run at low speed it is all good, but as soon as I give'er it cuts off. On my batteries I could observe the light on the BMS blink red. I made the logical assumption that I'm exceeding the amp draw limit within the BMS, but could definitely be wrong. It even happened when I ran 2 batteries in parallel. I have not tried yanking out the BMS and hard wiring it straight to the battery, but that would be my next step.
By ndufala20
So i just received my new 1000w controller and hooked it up and damn that thing has torque like a motherf***er but anyways it gets to about 12mph and starts slowing til it hits 15mph and just pretty much stays there with just a little power to keep you going 15 any ideas why this may be? this is the controller
By hophamsean
ndufala20 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:40 pm
So i just received my new 1000w controller and hooked it up and damn that thing has torque like a motherf***er but anyways it gets to about 12mph and starts slowing til it hits 15mph and just pretty much stays there with just a little power to keep you going 15 any ideas why this may be? this is the controller
Does it come with the lcd display where you can change the speed gear? Ranges from 1-3 , 1-5.
By m4for4
Just read through this forum. AWESOME job samzone!

Anybody know if the video regarding how to hook up the lights was posted?
By lurkinglime
absolutejdm wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:47 am
Can you provide a link on where you got your motor controller from? And what is a “BMS”? Where is it located and how to remove it?
I started a thread about it in the hardware section. I'll be adding more info soon.
BMS is battery management system. It controls the charge and discharge of the battery in order to reduce the potential for failure and maintain performance. If you open a battery, there is usually a little circuit board that the external leads run from. I wouldn't mess with it, unless you are confident about what you're doing. You're better off seeing if you can acquire a bird zero battery or an m365 battery. I've seen them on ebay for very reasonable prices.
By samzone
hey guys i have a few bird ones for sale 100 dollar each let me know and also 3 lime 2.5 more info please call 8635129097
Last edited by samzone on Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?