An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Andrei2306 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Is it possible to conect the front light and the rear light to a chinese controller if yes what cables should ud i use. And also is it possible to make it foldable a lime scooter?
Everything is possible with a little bit of work. For the front lights you have to add some kind of supply and using "ignition" signal or even separate button connect it directly to the battery. Something like "LM2596HVS" (because the battery voltage is kind of high) supply board from eBay would do the job. You just need to figure out the voltages needed for lights and I think you would also need to add some current limiting resistors or maybe they are already integrated into the lights (?). Some measuring must be done.
Folding... Well some angle grinder "music" and welding should do the job.
Mick Ray wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:38 pm
Some simple questions about 2.5 gen (and also others):
  • How long can be a cables i.e for throttle. It can be 2 meters? And also other cables, that their length does not cause significant losses?
  • Battery can be inserted other way like upside down, horizontal, etc?
  • How to replace rear wheel. There are 'triangular' nuts. Is there any tool for it?
For the throttle it does not matter much if it will be a little bit longer, because voltage feedback is used. Cable length will impact losses on cables where higher current is used. So from battery to controller and from controller to motor.
Also cable length may have some influence on communication (For example between dash and motor controller)
Battery can be mounted any way you like. It does not matter.
For those nuts a very good tool is locking pliers:
Andrei2306 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Everything is possible with a little bit of work. For the front lights you have to add some kind of supply and using "ignition" signal or even separate button connect it directly to the battery. Something like "LM2596HVS" (because the battery voltage is kind of high) supply board from eBay would do the job. You just need to figure out the voltages needed for lights and I think you would also need to add some current limiting resistors or maybe they are already integrated into the lights (?). Some measuring must be done.
Folding... Well some angle grinder "music" and welding should do the job.
For the lights i dont use any current limiting resistors.. i assumed that they are already integrated! And they work fine. One light is more bright than the other (brake light ?! the other less bright i used it like 'parking' light, allways ON).
Everybody writes about chineese motor controller, but... Is it possible to use Xiaomi m365 controller? I know that's a little bit expensive, but have connections to rear brake light and front light. Also for Dash/speed display.
M365 have 250W motor and ie. Lime 2.5 have 300W. So it can be a little bit slower or it will not start or Burn... ?

Hi everyone, I will be buying a sooter from an auction here at andalusia and the model is the one in the photos below. Could someone please send me the process that I need to follow in order to hack it? Including deactivating its "past brain / gps / sim" or everything that could be tracked by users with the lime app. I would like to know the things I need to buy new in order to make it work... as it's my first "modification"

These are the models (which I think they are ES2?)

Thank youn in advance!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]