An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Hello,
Yes that's the case ... Frankenstein :lol:

I tried to reverse both (brake and gas) without result ... I unplugged the brake, without result ...

The solutions I think would be:
1- Change application telephone (Hack) ??? Do you know one ?
2- Change the brake ???
3- Change the controller ???

What do you mean by "potentiometer"?

The ninebot controller comes with some modification but is not in the same place.
The dashboard fits perfectly in the location.

And sorry for my English :geek:
Hey everyone, I just finished reading the 98 pages of this thread over the past few days. From what I have read, someone posted a method that had to do with buying a dash and flashing custom firmware via the phone app, however it appears that it has not worked for anyone. The other option that I have seen is buying a dash and controller and matching the serials via the app and an admin account that can be had from the seller (hopefully). This appears to be the only way to get them working like stock with dash, lights, etc.

I have been over in the Bird Zero thread getting those going, we have made little progress in figuring out how to hack the stock controller. The only option as of now (similar to this thread) is to replace the stock controller with a Chinese option like the XLD Brainpower controller. All of the following applies to both the ES1/2/3/4 and Bird Zero models.

The 350w option worked but it had very little low end torque. I dont know how people settle for those (unless they are getting different boards that perform better) as the stock scooters do have considerable torque down low when you rent them. The stock scooters are able to handle almost 800w peak power which is primarly used when getting up to speed. If using a 350w controller, they dont have the power to meet this peak power requirement to get the scooter going. The way around this is to use a higher wattage chinese controller. There is a 400w, 500w, 800w(?), and 1000w option. I went for the 1000w and got it all wired up, and these scooters haul *ss. The only thing is the chinese controllers aren't as refined as the OEM parts, so they cause the motor to make noise as it runs which is definitely burning power inefficiently. They should run almost silent. However another issue is the Stock Bird Zero/ ES4 are speed limited rather low (15-17mph), whereas the aftermarket controllers from china allow you to go well over 20 miles per hour. My Bird Zero has three speed modes, the highest of which lets me hit 24 miles per hour.

So as of right now there doesn't seem to be a surefire perfect method to get one of these scooters working just like OEM, if anyone has any other info please keep posting. It is a fun hobby that we are all in together.
Julius Kingsley wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:04 am
Hello,
Yes that's the case ... Frankenstein :lol:

I tried to reverse both (brake and gas) without result ... I unplugged the brake, without result ...

The solutions I think would be:
1- Change application telephone (Hack) ??? Do you know one ?
2- Change the brake ???
3- Change the controller ???

What do you mean by "potentiometer"?

The ninebot controller comes with some modification but is not in the same place.
The dashboard fits perfectly in the location.

And sorry for my English :geek:
I mean that the controller is expecting certain values: As an example brake OFF - 0.5V; brake ON - 4.5V.
And the lime 2.5 brake lever OFF output is not equal to ninebot brake lever OFF value.
By potentiometer I mean to find that OFF voltage level which the controller is expecting by going in 0.1V increments. (The values may be anywhere in 0V to VCC and it could be inverted...)
To use potentiometer as a voltage divider (To be safe I would choose 10k value):

The original 2.5 controller is also refusing to work if brake lever is unplugged.
fdaremi wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:23 pm
Julius Kingsley wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:33 am
Hi everybody,

Thank you all already.

After browsing all the pages of this foum, and all the other topic, I also decided to post some things hoping that someone can help me.

I own (I think) a "LIME-S 2.5" recover in two pieces on a Parisian sidewalk.
Here are the photos....

I really need your help ... would it be because of the application?
I am not sure if ES2 dashboard/controller is compatible with Lime 2.5 s motor. Have checked all the wiring comming from the hall sensor brake?
Not only in motor, but also in the brake handle there is a hall sensor. At least on Lime 2.5. And I assume Ninebot also, but the "characteristics" may differ
mrSilkie wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:00 pm
Can i confirm that there is no way to get the lime sj2.5 scooters to work with just a simple dash/controller replacement?

I can buy the whole package here ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303676 ... 4270ynjbSr ), it comes with a dash, controller and battery charger.
Looks like a good kit to buy, but is it all OEM Original Segway parts?
i tryied to do the same but there was no responce.
Informations are missing.
You get the boot sequence from the RxTx pinout that you have connect on your RS232???
If yes, what baud rate????
Is there an on board the PCB a usb to serial controller, that's why you mentioned the USB+ and USB-???
I connect the usb on that pinout but my PC didn't get any responce and no USB device found.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]