An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
akha wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 pm
Just successfully converted my Zero using only the stock parts. It kicks!
c'mon. cough it up big fella. you shouldn't be bringing no pizza into class if you didnt bring enough to share with your buddy LAskooter! If you figured it out using only stock parts I will have a ton of respect for you. I consider myself pretty decent with sh*t like this and I got f**king nowhere f**king with those things. Spent probably 6-8 hours total and nothin to show for it. Im dying to know how the hell you hot wired it.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:45 am
akha wrote:
c'mon. cough it up big fella. you shouldn't be bringing no pizza into class if you didnt bring enough to share with your buddy LAskooter! If you figured it out using only stock parts I will have a ton of respect for you. I consider myself pretty decent with sh*t like this and I got f**king nowhere f**king with those things. Spent probably 6-8 hours total and nothin to show for it. Im dying to know how the hell you hot wired it.
I second the motion, whatever he said..... for me to scrape off that rubber insulation or protection inside the control box is an easy 1-2 hours just to get to the pcb.
Funny enough my next plan was actually to do just that; add an additional battery for increased range or double voltage. I have a feeling the motor won't be able to handle 72 volts though, so the range increase is probably the best option. It will also help with voltage sag as I ride. Not sure where it will be mounted though, it's a big battery. I have tested out a Spin scooter the other day and first noticed how quiet the thing ran. These Chinese controllers could definitely use some redesign as far as the waveform they output. I kinda want to grab a ES4 based scooter and hack it then compare the 1000w bird to the hacked ES4 with the controller it came with. The one i test drove had a surprising amount of torque, way more than the bird with the 350w setup. This makes me think these Chinese controllers are pretty inefficient, losing a lot of power as noise and heat. I can't find any full threads on the process of hacking an ES4/ES3/etc based scooter though.

Also there's no way in hell he hacked a bird using stock parts, and even if he did the top speed would probably be limited to 15mph as that's built into the bird system. We out here pulling 23 on the hacked models 8-) :lol:
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:01 am
Funny enough my next plan was actually to do just that; add an additional battery for increased range or double voltage. I have a feeling the motor won't be able to handle 72 volts though, so the range increase is probably the best option. It will also help with voltage sag as I ride. Not sure where it will be mounted though, it's a big battery. I have tested out a Spin scooter the other day and first noticed how quiet the thing ran. These Chinese controllers could definitely use some redesign as far as the waveform they output. I kinda want to grab a ES4 based scooter and hack it then compare the 1000w bird to the hacked ES4 with the controller it came with. The one i test drove had a surprising amount of torque, way more than the bird with the 350w setup. This makes me think these Chinese controllers are pretty inefficient, losing a lot of power as noise and heat. I can't find any full threads on the process of hacking an ES4/ES3/etc based scooter though.

Also there's no way in hell he hacked a bird using stock parts, and even if he did the top speed would probably be limited to 15mph as that's built into the bird system. We out here pulling 23 on the hacked models 8-) :lol:
I have 4 hacked ES4s they work, i made one and the weird thing is the stock motherboard blew but all others are completely fine , which I thought was weird... I made one for my GF and it still works fine not a problem, I used aftermarket parts on jers and it links to the segway app but you cant install updated firmware which isn't a issue l, the only thing cool really is cruise control on the app.

The bird zero scooter is harder to crack but I'm going to wire up the control board and throttle, theirs 1000 different set ups with every possibility but for now that's the most efficient way, I'll post step by step pictures on how to do so once they get here

I'm ordering off of ali Express because amazon taxes way more than ali since is US based, plus their refund policy is pretty legit

Stay tuned guys🤙
LAskooter213 wrote:
akha wrote:
I "emulated" the COM Box UART
Bird knows about this
akha wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 am
LAskooter213 wrote:
akha wrote:
Bird knows about this
Did you use an Arduino or STM board to sniff the UART connection between the com box and the motor controller or did you directly connect to the com box through some exposed terminals? with electrodes? If so, is it a standard baud rate? Interested
akha wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 am
LAskooter213 wrote:
akha wrote:
Bird knows about this
I very much would like to know how to do this.
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:01 am

It goes 33kph. It is outside of Bird system.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]