An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
So I looked through all 32 pages and could not see anyone with the same issue. I got to 2 scooters recently and I bought 2 boards from amazon. They were the blue fakes which I wasn't aware of until reading these threads. So the first scooter I did charged up all the way and then I installed the board and all the lights on the display turned on and I was getting one beep like every 5 minutes. The power button did nothing at all. I decided to see if the scooter would run as is and I took it out side and kicked off and hit throttle and it did run even though I had no controls from the new board. So sapped with the other new board and got the same problem. The board connected to m365 plus app but would not connect to segway ninebot app.
so I tried charging the second scooter but the light stayed red on the charger and the board would not do anything on this scooter. So what I did was remove the battery covers and checked the batteries and I noticed the difference in the batteries is that the little blue light on the dead scooter is not blinking. But here is where it gets weird. I checked the voltage on this battery and its 42v so that means its fully charged. So I took that battery and put it in the good scooter and the red light on the controller came on but the blue light on battery still did not come on and it would not charge on the scooter. I put the good battery to dead scooter and it started charging but the controller board battery does not turn red on the dead scooter.

I have since returned the fake boards back to amazon and ordered 2 real ones on ebay. No I am waiting to see if the real board will make the good scooter function properly but I am still stumped on the dead scooter. Do you guys think I need a new battery controller and battery board? thanks
Hello friends.

I just bought a used bird zero battery. When I plug it in to my scooter and put it under load The battery shuts down. I know this can be a bms problem. But my question is: The battery has 2 charge input cables, red and black. It has 5 discharge cables, red, black and 3 small coloured cables. Does anyone know what these small cables ar for and how I should conmect them? I only used The red and white discharge when I hooked it up to the scooter. Maybe it shuts down beacuse I didnt connect The small wires!?

Would be thankfull for tips.
humanbeing21 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:04 pm
The part came in and I spent the past hour installing the new hardware.

Long story short, it worked and I'm shocked how easy this was.. Here are a few photos from the Mi app.

What do I search for on ebay if im interested in buying one from auction?
I plugged a charger into one of my auction scooters and it does not switch from green to red for charging. Does anyone know the troubleshooting steps to figure out why this won't start to charge? Do I have to remove the battery cover? Thanks for the help!
Phix wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:40 pm
Anonymous1 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:45 am
Niles wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:16 am

Yes, every bird model in Paris have been either stolen or replaced by the bird zero model.
Woops. Vraiment désolé, j'ai abusé :D
Ben J wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:25 am
Or thrown in the canal... :twisted:
There's a shitload of VOI located in the Seine lately :lol:

f**k! i'm too late to the game :| rendez-nous les M365! :x
ahah aucun respect à paris 😂 everyone has grab that M365 in Paris :lol:
TheJas0n wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:53 pm
I plugged a charger into one of my auction scooters and it does not switch from green to red for charging. Does anyone know the troubleshooting steps to figure out why this won't start to charge? Do I have to remove the battery cover? Thanks for the help!
I would start by checking the charging socket, especially if the scooter is in a beat up, bad condition. Just unscrew the two screws and pull out the charging socket and test with a multimeter the connection. Next thing to test is the battery pack, but that's a bit more difficult :-)
I have 5 former birds bought at auction, put new brains on 4 and they all worked great, the fifth wont start. I tried known working boards/swapped handlebars with other m365 s and the problem isnt there, it has to be in the lower half so I opened the battery case. Tested voltage out of battery at 41.6 volts and a blue light is blinking. If I plug in charger light goes to steady red. Are there any tests I can do to the lower controller. I have seen videos of people takeing apart the battery to test the z fuse and also to change the battery management board but I would like to test other things non-destructively first. Has anyone put together a checklist for troubleshooting these things?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]