An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By philsocal
Koolkidcharles wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:42 pm
https://offerup.co/lhrsn2fQiY

Look at that.
Everything works, speaker display brake light headlight
And it’s 100% a wheels bike because it’s purple (iwalk only sells purple to wheels)

WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS :roll:
Yep, that was a Wheels rental. It even had the screw holes for the crappy external GPS unit.
By David Banner
Draco11 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:00 pm
David Banner wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:49 pm
the "2nd gps" you're referring to in the neck is the one that would be used if you had bought this bike straight from iwalk and were using the app.

its useless on the wheels bikes I promise.

its not functioning.
Yeah, that is not the second GPS... The second GPS is hard-wired (by a USB plug) to the battery in the main support frame of the bike. (the lower beam where the speaker is) Open up that section, and you will find the exact same type of GPS unit that is mounted on the back of the back inside that space.

The main board in the handlebar seems to be a stock iWalk board (although it may have custom firmware). The iWalk Urban 2 can be activated two ways: with an RFID keyfob, and with a cell phone using the iWalk app. The cell phone communicates with the bike via Bluetooth BLE technology. This appears to be how the Wheels work- their app just sends the BLE signal to the bike to turn it on and off. If you disable Bluetooth on your phone, you can't rent the bike. If you walk away too fast when parking, it won't properly stop the ride...

The GPS units don't work with the bike at all, they are just for tracking. You can probably disable both of them and still rent the bike with the Wheels app. The GPS just allows you to find them.
Try again
Last edited by David Banner on Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By David Banner
Draco11 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:00 pm
David Banner wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:49 pm
the "2nd gps" you're referring to in the neck is the one that would be used if you had bought this bike straight from iwalk and were using the app.

its useless on the wheels bikes I promise.

its not functioning.
Yeah, that is not the second GPS... The second GPS is hard-wired (by a USB plug) to the battery in the main support frame of the bike. (the lower beam where the speaker is) Open up that section, and you will find the exact same type of GPS unit that is mounted on the back of the back inside that space.

The main board in the handlebar seems to be a stock iWalk board (although it may have custom firmware). The iWalk Urban 2 can be activated two ways: with an RFID keyfob, and with a cell phone using the iWalk app. The cell phone communicates with the bike via Bluetooth BLE technology. This appears to be how the Wheels work- their app just sends the BLE signal to the bike to turn it on and off. If you disable Bluetooth on your phone, you can't rent the bike. If you walk away too fast when parking, it won't properly stop the ride...

The GPS units don't work with the bike at all, they are just for tracking. You can probably disable both of them and still rent the bike with the Wheels app. The GPS just allows you to find them.
I know how they work considering I have worked with Wheels for quite awhile.

As a matter of fact I have put multiple of the GPS units in the bikes.

There are very few with 2.

I was stating that the main board has a GPS/Antenna location built onto it which could be used on the consumer version for location if stolen.
By Draco11
David Banner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 am
I know how they work considering I have worked with Wheels for quite awhile.

As a matter of fact I have put multiple of the GPS units in the bikes.

There are very few with 2.

I was stating that the main board has a GPS/Antenna location built onto it which could be used on the consumer version for location if stolen.
Guess I've gotten lucky then... I've seen the inside of 3 of these bikes, and everyone had the extra GPS device in the lower frame...

Although looking at the other poster's pictures, he apparently took the one he had apart that far since you can see the speaker sitting there, so his must not have had that second device installed.

The main board doesn't appear to have a cellular transmitting device in it (although I'm not too familiar with it all, I'm just looking for a SIM card really), so all the onboard GPS could be used for is the bike to find it's location and communicate that to a cell phone through the bluetooth or maybe WiFi... I don't see how the bike can, by itself, communicate to anyone not within BLE/WiFi range. But again, I will freely admit that I'm not familiar with all the parts of the main board.
By WillB
I get that we are all gear junkies here, but do you guys really think it is cool to steal sh*t?

This is problem with our generation: as long as it is hidden behind the veil of the internet, or made anonymous in chat rooms, or stolen from "big corp" it somehow makes everything ok. I've seen it all over the place (from Facebook convos to this forum) and it's starting to piss me off.

:idea: Let's find something else to take apart/build, and not someone else's property. :idea:
By Draco11
No one is talking about stealing them, simply trying to figure out how they work...
I've never actually taken one apart myself, all you have to do is walk by a large homeless encampment in LA, they always seem to have a few scooters/bikes in various states of disassembly... :)

And, while I don't think there's even been enough time for it to happen with a Wheels bike, they are sometimes confiscated by police and auctioned legally... ('they' being rentable scooters/bikes in general, but I think they have to attempt to contact the owners for 6 months before they can be auctioned, and Wheels bikes have only been in existence for about 7 I think...)

The only gripe I have about Wheels in general is that, thanks to them, you can no longer easily _BUY_ an iWalk Urban 2 in the US anymore. Kind of a shame for iWalk as it's great advertising for their bikes... There's an alternative bike that is actually pretty inexpensive, but it doesn't fold as much as the Urban 2 (just the handle bar folds down, I love how the Urban folds in half too)...

Banner- any idea if Wheels ever sells these off as they get a little beat up? Not above fixing one up... :)
By mandoSD49
Yeah.. Believe that If we get a working Dash with matching RFID card.. We can SMT32 ST Link the working dash, and download or Pull a dump of the firmware, Then Make a copy of the matching RFID Card,

Then You can Fash an ex-rental, actioned or decommissioned wheels Dash with the Dumb.bin firmware and Use the Copy RFID card.. You will end up witth 100 % working Wheels Scooter, and all you really had to Pay for was the new Copy / Clone RFID card

only down side is, Dash and Rfid wont be unique, the same RFID card can unlock both scooters etc.. but Who cares. as long as you got a fully working WHEELER, with all Original Parts..
I'm willing to help with this.. I can Research the Sodder Points on the Dash to find swim swclick etc. BUt I will need a Consumer Dash to extract the DUMP as far as the Matching RFID , some one with experience cloning RFID cards ?
By LAskooter213
WillB wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:36 pm
I get that we are all gear junkies here, but do you guys really think it is cool to steal sh*t?

This is problem with our generation: as long as it is hidden behind the veil of the internet, or made anonymous in chat rooms, or stolen from "big corp" it somehow makes everything ok. I've seen it all over the place (from Facebook convos to this forum) and it's starting to piss me off.

:idea: Let's find something else to take apart/build, and not someone else's property. :idea:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you know where you are ???? Youre in the jungle baby!!!!

sha na na na na na knees knees!!

.....might as well go to vegas to protest gambling....but hey just remember......
By mandoSD49
WHo was the guy selling the Dash and RFID match?

I'm willing to buy this Combo ? Or the guy from norway or belgium or what ever country whee they only shipped them to
can you help us get some dashes and rfids to california?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]