An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By SiameseMoms
Freebird wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:30 pm
Flashing software updates is a helluva lot easier than transplanting a Chinese controller module.
So what you're saying is with this exact scooter all i need to do is "flash" it and they would convert it fully?
what exactly is flashing and how do you do that? thank you for the reply
By Bentobox
samzone wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:17 pm
Bentobox wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:38 am
THANK YOU SAMZONE, XD :twisted: :twistsed:. Any idea for get folding pole????????
i waiting for the ninebot max to come to the streets because the neck pipe looks similar i think is oval not round like the bird one so maybe we can buy that folding mechanism but thats all i have found so far go take alook to that ninebot max look good
thanks for answering
By hophamsean
Transplant the controller doesn't seem that bad if this is someone's side hobby. But if flashing is an option haha, please do share. :idea:
I'm hoping by flashing rather than cutting wires, it'll be easier to keep the lights and stuff? @Freebird

Also since this is Bird's newest model I'm assuming they gotta have some sort of security update to prevent "flashing" that easy. Maybe a new dashboard and flash that just like the m365 but who know's since this model is so new. Hoping SamZone can share more info as the days goes.

Thanks Sam!

@samzone
By Freebird
Unfortunately, I don't know of any way of flashing a Bird One yet. Sorry if I made it sound that way. I suspect that future Ninebot MAX parts might be able to be substituted on the Bird One since I believe they are the same chassis.

It would be nice if some entrepreneur would make a controller and wiring harness kit for the B1 since they are now about 50% of the bird population in my market.
By MajorRazer
Just curious, yall think its possible to run the model590 motor on a m365 controller and dash? (along with some firmware mods via 'botox' and necessary rewiring)

Voltage appears to be same on both models... Same on both batteries With the exception of capacity difference.

I want to attempt it but dont want to fry my m365 dash. Any info would be appreciated.
----
By jaysonjehsen
I fried my m365 controller with one connected. It free spun without load, but the moment I tried riding it, it popped and get wayyy to hot.

Don't think the controller can handle it, nor can it handle a bird zero motor either-- just see all the people who have fried their controllers on them who have posted on this forum.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]