An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
edmonkee wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 am
Will the ninebot brain work on the tank? I have one torn apart in my garage but cannot seem to find a compatible brain to make it work
yeah i have ES4 guts in the Tank, works fine. The conversion is somewhat involved though you have to drill new holes and such
Kiki626 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:18 am
edmonkee wrote:
Will the ninebot brain work on the tank? I have one torn apart in my garage but cannot seem to find a compatible brain to make it work
yeah i have ES4 guts in the Tank, works fine. The conversion is somewhat involved though you have to drill new holes and such
Same here, and I can honestly say that its a great solution if the stock components are unable to be cracked, up until I had blown it up that is. Which BTW is totally avoidable if your not a dumbass like me :D
I'm currently working on repairing the damaged controller and making a few adjustments(cleaning up my messy wiring) and will have it running again in the coming days.
I'll make a note of taking some more pics of the internals when I start the reassembling process and post them here or the previous thread on the bird Zero/tank.
What did you do that blew it up?
Scootydoo wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:24 pm
Kiki626 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:18 am
edmonkee wrote:
Same here, and I can honestly say that its a great solution if the stock components are unable to be cracked, up until I had blown it up that is. Which BTW is totally avoidable if your not a dumbass like me :D
I'm currently working on repairing the damaged controller and making a few adjustments(cleaning up my messy wiring) and will have it running again in the coming days.
I'll make a note of taking some more pics of the internals when I start the reassembling process and post them here or the previous thread on the bird Zero/tank.
[quote=Sc00tr post_id=15097 time=1567614933 user_id=9178]
What did you do that blew it up?

It had been running great for a few days of riding and I had even gotten it to a max speed of 23mph on a long flat stretch making all the green lights but......

It wasn't necessarily anything I did In particular, other than be an idiot to neglect something I had previously read up on that is. ;)

The Ninebot ES lines have been well documented to have an issue with the Kers braking eventually burning up either the traces(if you're lucky) up to including the MOSFETS(unlucky).
I had created a CFW to reflash the controller firmware to adjust for the larger diameter wheel, but completely skipped over the KERS braking options to safeguard against the problem. Sure enough, one late afternoon it finally gave out and blew 3 traces. TBH, It's also possible the sloppy rats nest of wiring I carelessly shoved into the frame cavity could have played a factor in the untimely event. Hence my decision to disassemble and rework the inside components.

I've been a bit busy and lazy during my sparetime this past week so haven't accomplished a whole lot(basically nothing). But below are a couple picks of the battery(2in1/double capacity and smaller than orig. Ext. Packs) pack that stores in the floorboard and the 1 pack that rests in the front post along with my rewiring for the controller to motor wire and extended controller to dash wire.
BTW, if you noticed that groove in the single is bigger than normal, it is. Had to grind it out larger along with shaving down the casing on the the other side to fit the brake cable and the cable going to the dash.
When I see the different parts laid out seperately with the bigger picture already realized, I cant help to think to myself, "It's amazing what people(apparently unsuccessful at converting a perfectly good scooter) throw out on the sidewalk as trash". :D
BTW I forgot to mention that for the 2in1 battery pack, I researched on endless sphere that its actually not a problem connecting only one BMS to the controller since they are identical and I didnt notice any issues when charging all three when connected to everything(other than quite long charge time). The ninebot app even shows the info. for both batteries albeit the capacity for the 2in1 only shows 5200Mah. I even confirmed that the disconnected BMS pack did indeed show the same when I switched it with its twin.
Here are some pics of everything situated inside the frame and necessary wiring ran through the front post. I've also taken a different approach instead of installing a voltage stepdown circuit for the 36v rear lights as many have suggested and currently debating whether to install a tail(brake) light on the mudguard. Its not the prettiest, but the best I could manage and I'm just glad that it actually works. All in all its coming back together fairly smoothly.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]