An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Try this link: https://www.ebay.com/usr/scooterclone
NoisyNeighbor wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:55 pm
kykyfang wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:13 am
225 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:14 pm
Any links to proven controllers and dashboards that work?
Go on eBay and search up ScooterClone. Trusted seller, got an OEM M365 dash and OEM Ninebot ES Dash from him. Two day shipping, he ships out of LA. Good prices for OEM parts too.
ScooterClone isn't on eBay. I did a search here, nothin.
unitof wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm
Curious @Freebird: why does the word rental in your first sentence link to a Linksys cable router on Kmart?

> This information is for those who have legitimately and legally acquired a rental Ninebot scooter.

Is the router used for something scootery or was that a joke that whizzed right on past me?
No it’s advertising, it finds high value words like rental or eBay and makes them links.
unitof wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm
Curious @Freebird: why does the word rental in your first sentence link to a Linksys cable router on Kmart?

> This information is for those who have legitimately and legally acquired a rental Ninebot scooter.

Is the router used for something scootery or was that a joke that whizzed right on past me?
I didn't put that link in my original post. Some sleazy adbot must have put it in there because the url starts with "i.vglink.com..."
Hey all,

Damn, I was pretty sure to have posted this earlier today, but it seems it didn't go through for some reason... Trying my luck again!

I've been silently reading through the company-specific threads and have gathered a lot of fruitful data over the last few days. Where I reside, city coucils have now enforced muchs tricter regulations towards scooter, and all those that are not properly parked in designated areas get towed and auctioned/sold quite fast. My aim in the upcoming weeks is to try and get my hands on one of these towed scooter and repurpose it for my personal use. Here's what I *think* i've understood so far, any correction/additional comment would help

- First M365 models were the easiest to repurpose but this is now useless because Birds are now mostly Electisan and Ninebots
- Ninebots initial repurposing method involved changing the dashboard for an OEM dashboard (or non-OEM, but that was more random), and sometimes also changing th motor control unit (for Lime's Ninebots because of some pairing between control unit and dashboard, I guess?)
- More recent and clever Ninebot methods involve soldering a JTAG connector and flashing the dashboard firmware with an OEM Ninebot firmware, without any other change needed

Am I following right ? That last method feels much more fun and "computationaly educational". Best thing now would be to get my hand on "any" (but Lime's) Ninebot rental, I suppose.

Thanks and cheers
@CoinCoin88
The m365's are still plentiful at auctions. A lot of the auctions have inventory that's been sitting around for several months. They have to offer the owner a certain amount of time to claim their property and pay any applicable fines, etc.

M365's are the easiest to repurpose.
just swap out the dashboard with a blue clone board and it works. (Lyft-remove the splitter under the deck)
If you want to tweak the firmware you need a real OEM board which is about $15 more.
If you really like tweaking, you can get the M365Pro dashboard, but you need an OEM dashboard to flash the controller before using the Pro dashboard. -Note that the real M365pro has larger motor, controller, and battery than the rentals and it's easy to ruin the motor or controller by overtweaking.
Donttalktome wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 am
hi. i recently came into a SPIN rental ninebot es2 through legal means and i have changed the controller with a cheap knockoff. it will not even cut on when i charge it. should i change the dashboard too? i live in los angeles. can someone please help me out i'm new at this. thx
From what I understand is either you can replace it with a clone or an OEM dash. Also maybe flashing it will work.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]