An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
I found a bird scooter near my house (scooter map shows there's about 10 in my area) which is odd because I'm 40 miles from the nearest area that has birds.

It's a bird zero or bird one or whichever has the white box on the front and no extended battery on the back so it isn't really useful to me anyway, but back on point it was still live and tracking so I called bird to come to pick it up 4 days ago.

They collected my address and said they had "dispatched someone" to come and get it and asked if I would like to be notified of when they got it to which I said yes.

Fast forward to today and this stupid scooter is still sitting in my driveway. I tried calling again yesterday but my lunch break ended before I could get ahold of them.

I've heard several different things on the internet and over this forum about at what point I can legally own it/what the right thing to do s, and I think that a thread on what the different laws about this could be useful, and if not we can make a wiki page about it to.
It would be great if someone with real legal experience could weigh in on this.. I'm not a lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express™ recently so I don't qualify.

Here's what I found on wikipedia:

Lost property
Property is generally deemed to have been lost if it is found in a place where the true owner likely did not intend to set it down, and where it is not likely to be found by the true owner. At common law, the finder of a lost item could claim the right to possess the item against any person except the true owner or any previous possessors.

Mislaid property
Property is generally deemed to have been mislaid or misplaced if it is found in a place where the true owner likely did intend to set it, but then simply forgot to pick it up again. For example, a wallet found in a shop lying on a counter near a cash register will likely be deemed misplaced rather than lost. Under common law principles, the finder of a misplaced object has a duty to turn it over to the owner of the premises, on the theory that the true owner is likely to return to that location to search for his misplaced item. If the true owner does not return within a reasonable time (which varies considerably depending on the circumstances), the property becomes that of the owner of the premises.

Abandoned property
Property is generally deemed to have been abandoned if it is found in a place where the true owner likely intended to leave it, but is in such a condition that it is apparent that he or she has no intention of returning to claim it. Abandoned property generally becomes the property of whoever should find it and take possession of it first, although some states have enacted statutes under which certain kinds of abandoned property – usually cars, wrecked ships and wrecked aircraft – escheat, meaning that they become the property of the state.[11]

In the United States, property left behind by a tenant is generally presumed abandoned after anywhere from 1 week to 1 year, and if unclaimed, may be disposed of or sold to recoup storage costs; in some states the difference may be kept by the landlord, in others returned to the tenant, and in others it must be turned over to the state or county.[12] Virginia requires only 24 hour storage for evictions. Maryland allows individual counties to set required storage times. Colorado allows immediate disposal (but not sale), while Georgia and Texas allow it to be immediately placed outside and claimed by anyone, and Arkansas allows the landlord to immediately claim the property for themselves to do as they wish.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]