An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
lolohks wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:23 am
Such an interesting thread.

So, to sum-up, you need to keep only battery and motor, and add generic throttle with board control right ?
How about kit like this :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303676 ... st=ae803_4

More expensive but with OEM (it looks like) board control and dashboard ... shall it work ? Or generic one would be easier to use (I so some throttle with key for ignition, quite interesting I think, old fashion but still work lol) ?

Also, is it possible to make it foldable ?
Foldable will probably never happen. Not unless you fabricate a whole new stem and downtube.
Cjwelcome wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:19 pm
ktos wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:17 am
https://streamable.com/2iqf5
How does the display look? Did you plug up the original display from the handlebars or an aftermarket display? And are you planning on hooking up the lights at all I think that’s what those red and black unconnected wires are from the video. Looks cool man good job
I can't connect the display. Earlier, the display worked after connecting the power supply to the scooter. Now it doesn't work anymore
cant make it foldable, and that link is to a dashboard for a Ninebot ES4
lolohks wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:23 am
Such an interesting thread.

So, to sum-up, you need to keep only battery and motor, and add generic throttle with board control right ?
How about kit like this :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303676 ... st=ae803_4

More expensive but with OEM (it looks like) board control and dashboard ... shall it work ? Or generic one would be easier to use (I so some throttle with key for ignition, quite interesting I think, old fashion but still work lol) ?

Also, is it possible to make it foldable ?
Burned the BLDC, :x so i went ahead and striped out the 10pin wire harness to see how it is color coded from end to end, and to each round 5pin male/female end going to the dashboard and gps/tracking module.

should have done this first prior to hotwiring it.
Last edited by xdencio on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ktos wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:54 pm
Cjwelcome wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:19 pm
ktos wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:17 am
https://streamable.com/2iqf5
How does the display look? Did you plug up the original display from the handlebars or an aftermarket display? And are you planning on hooking up the lights at all I think that’s what those red and black unconnected wires are from the video. Looks cool man good job
I can't connect the display. Earlier, the display worked after connecting the power supply to the scooter. Now it doesn't work anymore
Do you think you fried the dashboard perhaps? and it was the originally installed one you’re talking about right not the one that came with the controller? I have multiple DC to DC dropdown boards that would help if it’s a power issue, if the dashboard only handles like 5V but if the controller is feeding it something like 36V then yeah it’s going to fry the display. I’m quite literally trying to have a cheap simple method for converting these Bird Zero scooters and if the only thing to do is purchase the 36V compatable Controller unit and then a single DC to DC drop down chip that you just connect the two power cables going into the dashboard on the handlebars to prevent too much voltage then that definitely seems doable for most everyone and we won’t need to worry about using anything other than that and the scooter looks like it was built without a bunch of aftermarket parts just to work how it should that seems awesome. Currently waiting on the controller throttle display combo kit in the mail and will give updates when it gets here around the 25th! Thank you for all your answers and help! :!:
xdencio wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 am
Burned the BLDC, :x so i went ahead and striped out the 10pin wire harness to see how it is color coded from end to end, and to each round 5pin male/female end going to the dashboard and gps/tracking module.

should have done this first prior to hotwiring it.
Could you measure the voltage on the display wires during charging?
black (-)
red (~ +5V )?
yellow
grean
blue
Do you think you fried the dashboard perhaps? and it was the originally installed one you’re talking about right not the one that came with the controller? I have multiple DC to DC dropdown boards that would help if it’s a power issue, if the dashboard only handles like 5V but if the controller is feeding it something like 36V then yeah it’s going to fry the display. I’m quite literally trying to have a cheap simple method for converting these Bird Zero scooters and if the only thing to do is purchase the 36V compatable Controller unit and then a single DC to DC drop down chip that you just connect the two power cables going into the dashboard on the handlebars to prevent too much voltage then that definitely seems doable for most everyone and we won’t need to worry about using anything other than that and the scooter looks like it was built without a bunch of aftermarket parts just to work how it should that seems awesome. Currently waiting on the controller throttle display combo kit in the mail and will give updates when it gets here around the 25th! Thank you for all your answers and help! :!:
[/quote]

Hi,

Yes it is a good analysis, the original stoke display is a 5v. And the after market throttle display combo is a 36v that's why it is working.
So may be it will work with a Dc to Dc drop down chip. With that method we could use the original display and throttle.

Keep us informed with your tests.
Alright everyone who may be eager to get their Bird Zero(Electisan f350)(The Tank) up and running the easiest way possible, stay posted and bookmark this page as hopefully by the end of this month (JULY 2019) I will have figured this out entirely 8-) be sure to keep everything you take off your scooter as things such as your GPS module and even the current motor controller (ALTHOUGH IS NOT USABLE) have usable parts like the cables and attached plugs which will be used later to connect all the things already inside your scooter such as the battery, display, throttle,brake and hopefully brake lights also. keeping these will make it easy for you to figure out how to connect properly all the cables coming out of a new (36V 350W) motor controller because sometimes it just looks like a jumbled mess of wires that the Chinese instructions are a pain to understand what goes where. Also helpful to have a cheap soldering iron from Walmart or something to help when the time comes to make a solid connection between stuff (which is optional but also recommended) to make a safe and visually clean set-up inside the scooter. :geek: Once all is completed I will post images and links as to how to make theoretically the closest to clean and original looking bird zero scooter conversion to personal electric scooter ever done. ;) wish me luck and see y'all later!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]