An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
BehrWtf6 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:34 am
Another update:

Voi’s “Voiager 1”, which has been designed in Sweden but is manufactured by Chinese firm HongJi, has brakes, indicator lights, a more durable drive chain and can withstand much greater impact. While its current scooters reportedly only last for six weeks on the streets (although Soderberg claims they last longer than that), this could drastically improve Voi’s margins.

Source: https://sifted.eu/articles/scooter-star ... -hardware/

So, it's not a Segway and probably needs a completely new exploit path. :(
Meinst du wirklich es handelt sich um keinen Segway? Die Bauform deutet auf eine ES4 Plattform hin. Bist du schon weiter gekommen? Ich könnte auch einen bekommen, aber sofern er noch nicht hackbar ist macht es keinen Sinn. :D
By Daif21
Anonymous2 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:35 pm
RSB0 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:10 pm
There are 2 kind of scooters, both based on the Ninebot ES4

Old Brainless
-> Folding mechanism
-> Tracker is below the scooter, not connected to control board.
-> Apparently the scooter unlocks by somekind of bluetooth mechanism with some hidden code sent by the app still to be known.
-> Underlights

New Brain (like the one you show)
-> No Folding mechanism
-> Tracker is in front of the scooter connected to the control board.
-> The scooter unlocks like most rentals, using that control that receives unlocking .
-> No underlights

By now there are reports that just replacing the dashboard is not enough because the control board is flashed with somekind of custom firmware that keeps the scooter locked.

Reflashing the controlboard with the original (comercial) firmware probably does the job BUT there are still no know procedure online like there is allready for the xiaomi m365.

Share what you can find.
Good information you got there. I believe that you could in theory flash the original firmware via JTAG to USB. And a developer has put the original firmware on GitHub, for both the control board and dash. Hope someone can test this out and share us the result.

https://github.com/Ch4rlus/ninebot_firmware
Last edited by Daif21 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BehrWtf6 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:32 am
- Update to the Voi Scooter in Berlin -

After fiddling around with the GPS tracker I came to the conclusion that the bluetooth module also sits on this board, as I was able to verify this with a bluetooth scanner and the tracker PCB connected to it's backup battery - located in a different room than the scooter itself.

Can this still be a Segway version just with deactivated on-board bluetooth so this is done by the tracker?
Or maybe a completely different scooter and developed by Voi?

Hi im reading a lot interessant posts here :)

i hav an update to this board you have,
that one is an
IoT-Device
it mean it is an main gsm comtrolled and gps protected board it can lock and unlock via gsm codes :) or an master ( i think gsm LAN or van or so) access, and nearfield Bluetooth receiver connector is on the side...

I hope any one can use this info, I am dont be able to test or something...

greetz
from a silent reader :)
By formentin
antonio wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:28 pm
Hi all

I get it!!

Lo consegui!!! :D
HI Antonio, please could you tell me what procedure you used ? Many thanks in advance :ugeek: !

Hola Antonio por favor me podrias indicar como lo has conseguido y que procedimiento has usado ? muchas gracias, saludos
morbidru wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10 pm
You cant remove the bottom.
Those 4 screws are whats holding the back fender/footbreak.
the GPS/GSM/IOT device is located at the front of the scooter, its attached to the "pipe" see image here:
see that black box above the "V" logo? thats their gsm tracker.
those who are saying "its underneath" is referring to an older model that barely exists anymore on the street.
Makes a lot more sense! Looking for news on what to do with that module though... Removing it of course starts to throw errors in the dashboard (42 for me).

So I finally went ahead and complete the flash procedure and finally connected the ninebot app.

My problem now is that the power button doesnt work. Anyone can help with that?
hey Guys,
I found a Voi Scooter that has a drained battery. Strange thing is that the wheels are not blocked. I could move it. When rolling the Scooter seems to reload itself. Because suddenly the Blue led light was blincking.

So is this Scooter still trackable? Is there and extra battery for the It is a voi with the black box in front.

Thanks for your help :)
Leider nein, die sind wirklich selbst entwickelt, um konform zur StVO zu sein. Der deutsche Markt forderte es so. :(
E90Monster wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:22 pm
BehrWtf6 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:34 am
Another update:

Voi’s “Voiager 1”, which has been designed in Sweden but is manufactured by Chinese firm HongJi, has brakes, indicator lights, a more durable drive chain and can withstand much greater impact. While its current scooters reportedly only last for six weeks on the streets (although Soderberg claims they last longer than that), this could drastically improve Voi’s margins.

Source: https://sifted.eu/articles/scooter-star ... -hardware/

So, it's not a Segway and probably needs a completely new exploit path. :(
Meinst du wirklich es handelt sich um keinen Segway? Die Bauform deutet auf eine ES4 Plattform hin. Bist du schon weiter gekommen? Ich könnte auch einen bekommen, aber sofern er noch nicht hackbar ist macht es keinen Sinn. :D
Zaf wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 am
hey Guys,
I found a Voi Scooter that has a drained battery. Strange thing is that the wheels are not blocked. I could move it. When rolling the Scooter seems to reload itself. Because suddenly the Blue led light was blincking.
So is this Scooter still trackable? Is there and extra battery for the It is a voi with the black box in front.
Thanks for your help :)
Could've been just some remnants of charge that managed to flicker the screen for a sec. I'm not sure these scooters have any energy conservation mechanism (but I dont think so).
If the GPS/GSM modules don't have any damage and weren't deleted in Voi's systems, I can't see why they wouldnt be able to trace your scooter as soon as you put a bit of charge in it

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]