An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
iddik75014 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello Bob moon,

Did you take some pictures during the assenbling of the controler and the throttle ?

Could you post it if you have some ?
Image Image

Thanks
Sorry I did not take any assembly pics.......my bad.
The throttle five pin , connect to connector labeled LCD display in above diagram. As said in above post by someone else all above motor controller power, phase and hall wires follow existing bird wire colour scheme and must be soldered .
Bob moon wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:23 pm
Hiya everybody........
First of thanks to original poster and all the scootertalk peeps for the information and inspiration. I just love my new electisan/bird tank and with this kit i ended up with a fast (as far as im concerned 23mph on solid 8 inch wheels is fast enough) and decent range scooter with front and rear lights and a decent lcd user interface.

I know we are all interested in using the existing bird controller/hardware but i thought id share my after market controller conversion part list for any us/ europe/uk users.

CONTROLLER AND LCD THROTTLE DASHBOARD
i chose this controller/throttle combo as it has the same exact programmable throttle lcd as the fastest dualtron escoots and has the same wiring colours as original post motor controller.
there are cheaper motor + throttle + lcd options as ever but this thing really is a diamond to use with lots of compatible aftermarket controller options if an upgrade was needed.
features include . amps control, battery voltage selection, zero start , wheel size , motor magnet number, torque amount, power limiting, low voltage cutoff. cruise control, three speed settings......oh my

I recommend cutting the all wires one set at a time at the original bird controller as close as possible to housing then cut sheathing to display the wire colors.
the black cable and plug are the motor phase and hall sensor wires and colors match exactly to new controller wiring.
the thick black cable and large connector are for the original birds throttle, brake switch, and led which is sadly not usable due to 5v requirement. eg a pain in the *ss for lazy old me

the bird brake lever switch wiring will have to be continuity (use multi meter) tested from the top three wires (red black blue) in brake lever to the bottom of the small black cable that leads from top headset to where the original controller is at the bottom to find corresponding wires. these then connect to the Hall type brake connector in my controller diagram. again you need to cut off the original small black cable with the small juliet connector controller as close as possible to the original bird controller housing.

Motor controller and three speed programmable throttle https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alomejor-Contr ... r=1-5&th=1

LIGHTING
36v compatible front lights https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0744FQ461

i chose these as the existing leds as in the bird led is five volts and runs of mainboard up top so a dc to dc covertor would be needed . i negated this by adding both rear and front lights to the black and white wires that tail from the new lcd throttle wiring loom. i can then switch the lights on and off using new throttle (hold down mode button for 2 secs)

ANTI THEFT.....ish
switch bike on using generic bluetooth swith with included app or save ton of effort and use the lcd throttle to add your passcode key ;) (guide below)

Bluetooth controlled switch OPTIONAL as a 5v feed has to be aquired from the controller to power this unit full time.
the original power wire in above diagram is placed in
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BSNZQ3H

Hope this helps save some time for someone ,
kind regards
bob
www.drwong.live

ps here is the lcd throttle programs and guide

Press and hold the power and mode key to enter the power-on password and menu setting selection interface (S0 interface). On the S0 interface, short press the key to switch the password digits, short press the key to change the current digit value;
3.1 Enter “1111” long button to enter S1 interface, short button to switch the number of password digits, short button to change the current digit value. After the password is modified, press the long button to exit the S1 interface to the normal display interface, and save the last set password. (Note: You need to enter this password for the next boot. If the password is set to “0000”, there is no password status, and the next time you boot, you will enter the normal display interface).
3.2 Enter “6666” and press the long button to enter the program menu setting interface. In any parameter state, short button to switch parameters, short press or long button to increase or decrease the value (long button changes the value plus or minus direction, “A” is displayed on the left side) Indicates to increase the value. The left side displays “d” to decrease the value. After the modification, the short button switches to the next parameter and saves the previous parameter value. After the parameter is modified, press and hold the + button to exit the setting interface, or wait for 8 The seconds automatically exit and save the parameters.

program menu settings
P01: backlight brightness, level 1 is the darkest, level 3 is the brightest;
P02: mileage unit, 0: KM; 1: MILE;
P03: Voltage level: 24V, 36V, 48V, default 36V;
P04: Sleep time: 0, no sleep; other numbers are sleep time, range: 1-60; unit minutes;
P05: Power assist position: 0: 3 file mode;
P06: Wheel diameter: unit, inch; accuracy: 0.1;
P07: Number of speed magnets: Range: 0-255;
P08: Speed ​​limit: range 0-100km/h, not opened
P09: zero start, non-zero start setting, 0: zero start; 1: non-zero start;
P10: Drive mode setting 0 : Power drive (determine how much power is output through the booster gear, and the switch is invalid at this time).
1 : Electric drive (driven by the rotary handle, the power assist position is invalid at this time).
2 : The power assist drive and the electric drive coexist at the same time (the electric drive is invalid in the zero start state).
P11: Boost sensitivity setting is not activated
P12: Boost start strength setting is not open
P13: Power magnetic disk type setting is not open
P14: Controller current limit value setting Default 12A Range: 1-20A
P15: Controller undervoltage value
P16: ODO clear setting Long press the plus button for 5 seconds ODO clear
P17:0: cruise is not enabled, 1: cruise is enabled; auto cruise is optional (only valid for protocol 2)
P18: Display speed ratio adjustment range: 50%~150%,
P19: 0 gear enable bit, 0: 0 gear, 1: 0 gear
P20:0: Protocol No. 2 1: 5S Protocol 2: Alternate 3: Alternate

The next Episode.......THE KOI.........

Hey Bob Moon, would it be possible to get the motor controller/throttle display combo you purchased and instead of connecting the throttle display from the package to the new controller to just connect the already installed handle bar throttle and built in display? If so the only conversion needed is a new controller is it not? Thank you for your helpful tips
Bob moon wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 pm
iddik75014 wrote:
Hello Bob moon,

Did you take some pictures during the assenbling of the controler and the throttle ?

Image Image

Thanks
The throttle five pin , connect to connector labeled LCD display in above diagram. As said in above post by someone else all above motor controller power, phase and hall wires follow existing bird wire colour scheme and must be soldered .

Hi Bob
Thank you for the advices.
What about the other wire of the throttle ? it's 2 thin black and white wires ...
Where must it be connected to (I mean soldered to) ?
I see in the picture that Bob posted the throttle/display and the controller and is it possible to just plug in the main display from the bird to have that display be functional instead of the aftermarket one? Trying to make this thing look as simple and as stock as possible and have taken apart the gps module and took the 5prong directional plug of of the board to be reusable if that’s the case. I’ll order however the same stuff bob did just in case I need to go that route.
iddik75014 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:47 pm
Bob moon wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 pm
iddik75014 wrote:
Hello Bob moon,

Image Image

Thanks

Hi Bob
Thank you for the advices.
What about the other wire of the throttle ? it's 2 thin black and white wires ...
Where must it be connected to (I mean soldered to) ?
The back and white wires on the lcd throttle are 36v lighting power. Black is ground. White is positive. These can connect to the bird zero rear lights as these require 36v. The new LCD throttle will switch these on and of by holding down mode button for 2 seconds.
xdencio wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:53 am
iddik75014 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:36 pm
xdencio wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:03 am
Complete wiring of aBird Zero

Is it working as you wanted by connecting the wires directly to bypass the GPS tracker ?
Nope, still mapping the circuit board. And i tried asking parts on this website https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/e ... ic-scooter They said they only sell parts to registered buyers only.
How’s the mapping going? Logically it should be possible to bypass the tracker board, we just have to figure out which wire is used to signal the controller, and what type of signal it expects
Such an interesting thread.

So, to sum-up, you need to keep only battery and motor, and add generic throttle with board control right ?
How about kit like this :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303676 ... st=ae803_4

More expensive but with OEM (it looks like) board control and dashboard ... shall it work ? Or generic one would be easier to use (I so some throttle with key for ignition, quite interesting I think, old fashion but still work lol) ?

Also, is it possible to make it foldable ?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]