An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Hi,

I have tried to connect to the Bird Zero with bluethooth.

And I have understood that the Bluetooth is in the Gps box.

The Bluethooth found is "bd" for pairing.

When I have disconnected the GPS Box there was no more bluethooth...

Anyway, when I have tried to pair for bluethooth it didn't worked
xdencio wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:42 am
It's in this Image

when you open the box, its filled with foam insulation, took me awhile to scrape it off with a sturdy plastic tool, don't use metal to take the foam off, capacitors on the circuit board might be charged, so be careful.
Hello,

Please could you tell me where is located the box ? Is it in the big metal tube of the Bird Zero ?
That box is located in the neck. There's an access cover under the big Electisan sticker. On both sides of the neck are 4 security torx bolts (also under the sticker). Once you get the cover off, there are 2 allen head screws holding the box to the neck. The allen screws have nuts on the other side of the neck (where the front wheel is).
xdencio wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:20 am

The 10pin plug connects to a Y-wire harness that splits and connects to the GPS and LCD display. I am still thinking if instead of connecting the GPS module, why not directly connect it to the 6pin? So any thoughts from anyone before i proceed, don't want to ruin the motor controller.

So on that way you want to bypass the GPS tracker module and connect directly to keep the dashboard fonctionality ?

Did you connect the wires ?
Did it work ?
07Gevish wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:13 pm
Colburn wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:39 pm
07Gevish wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 am
Successfully converted to run.
However lights and dash not working...so it's difficult to tell the battery charge.
Used one of the generic 36v 350W controllers and simple ignition/grip throttle.
Really nice , do you have the link for those ? The ones in the technology board are dead.

As for the soldering part, you just removed the controller I assume? I’m trying to figure out where you tucked it in.
https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Controller-Brushless-Bicycle-Scooter/dp/B07JN67Z3Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_23_sspa?keywords=36v+350w+controller&qid=1552413826&rnid=2470954011&s=gateway&sr=8-23-spons&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D72MDHL/ref=sspa_mw_detail_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And yes I have removed the old controller and put the replacement where the old one was. It fit with so e extra room too.

Who tried the 07Gevish's method ?
iddik75014 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:51 pm
xdencio wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:20 am

The 10pin plug connects to a Y-wire harness that splits and connects to the GPS and LCD display. I am still thinking if instead of connecting the GPS module, why not directly connect it to the 6pin? So any thoughts from anyone before i proceed, don't want to ruin the motor controller.

So on that way you want to bypass the GPS tracker module and connect directly to keep the dashboard fonctionality ?

Did you connect the wires ?
Did it work ?
Update, the Red wire has a constant voltage of 42v, which i assume will power the motor when activated thru the GPS module, i'm still looking at the PCB of the controlbox and trying to map out its schematics (unless anyone has found it already) don't want to fry this extra i have (don't have Bird,Lime..etc where i am from) So if anyone who lives around that has them can definitely experiment with this.
By xdencio
iddik75014 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:01 pm
07Gevish wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 am
Successfully converted to run.
However lights and dash not working...so it's difficult to tell the battery charge.
Used one of the generic 36v 350W controllers and simple ignition/grip throttle.
I have disasembled the white Bird Zero box ... but what to do with this ?

Is that box necessary for the convertion or is it just for the GPS Sim card.

Here below what I have found
That's how they track the scooter, take the sim out and pull out the back-up battery.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]