An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:09 pm
Ok, I think some of you got this down already but I think theres alot of you that are confused about how to actually over-volt your scooter.
Here's what I did. No battery welder, no nickel strip, ( but it would be WAY better if you had these things...im just saying you dont NEED em)...yeah, no special tools or nothin , just a soldering iron, solder, and some wire.

So....the stock m365 battery is just a simple 3p10s 18650 lithium ion battery pack. You have you "3p" part of it...which just means 3 18650 batteries connected in parallel. Then you have your "10s" side of it which means there are 10 of those 3 packs hooked up in series. Assuming all individual battery cells are measuring at 3.6 volts, wiring this up would give you a 36 volt battery pack.
Now if you want to go fast youre going to want to increase your voltage. More voltage (electrical "pressure") is going to provide the" ummph" your battery needs to push more current through the resistance of your motor and make it spin faster and have more torque.
The easiest way I found to add more voltage to your m365 battery is to get another m365 battery and carefully cut off 12 individual cells from the end of it. IF you examine the way the nickel strips are welded to it you will see that it is exactly like the diagram I drew for you below. Try to cut the plastic battery case and nickel strips in such a way that you cut off a 3p4s chunk of batteries. It is possible to do this. YOu may have to solder one or two batteries together with some wire but it beats having to solder all of them or go buy a battery welder. The m365 pack is already configured exactly how you want it...you just need to break of as much as you want to use. Always keep the number of parallel cella in your battery pack the same, as it ensures your battery will charge as evenly as possible. And dont exceed 4 extra packs....it will blow the capacitors and burn your board. Adding a 3p4s battery pack to your battery pack ups your voltage to a whopping 58.8 volts when fully charged! Youll be amazed how much faster your scooter gets with technique.
And so you know you can just hook the positive of your new 3p4s pack to the neg of you original battery pack and then use the pos form the original pack and the neg from your new pack as the primary battery terminals to hook to your controller. And dont forget to program your controller to accept the higher voltage. You can do this with the BOTOX tool kit. If you want even MORE top speed, add 10 inch tires to your wheels and if you want even MORE power replace your back wheel with a bird zero motor and go ahead and over-volt another battery and go dual over-volted 10 inch tire (only on the front...it wont fit the zero motor) and youll be the fastest motherf***er in your neighborhood! Unless you live in Central Los Angeles....Cuz Im the fastest motherf***er round here.... 8-) :D :D
Check out the diagrams I made below and the bottom picture of an overvolt add on battery I cut out of another pack.
Have fun. Im outta here

Note: the diagrams are showing batteries at 36 volts and only showing 3 packs being added to the original battery. Fully charged the individual cells will have 4.2 volts... so total voltage will be 42 v .I just worried it would confuse people that I wrote about 4.2 volts and used 3.6 volts as an example in my diagrams but yall will figure it out. Also BE CAREFUL WHEN CUTTING BATTERY APART TO HARVEST CELLS! YOU CAN SHORT sh*t OUT AND HURT YOURSELF!! BE MINDFUL AND DONT CREATE SHORTS! ALSO WHEN SOLDERING WIRE TO BATTERIES>>>>DO IT FAST> IF YOU GET THE BATTERY TOO HOT IT WILL HURT IT> SO WORK QUICK. USE YOUR BRAIN!!! ITS THE BEST TOOL YOU GOT IN YOUR TOOLBOX
I was thinking of the same thing battery wise but how do you go about charging your new 3s pack? Do you have an extra bms installed ?
Personally, I have a Cycle Satiator programmable battery charger. It can charge at any voltage between 36 and 103 volts. I originally bought it to charge the batteries for my hydraulics on my lowrider but it works great for scooters and e bikes, in fact, thats what its made for. The thing is expensive though, about $300.00. You can always just buy a dedicated 58 volt battery charger. They are available on ebay, amazon etc and cost about $50.00. Or disconnect the add on pack from the main battery and charge it on a regular car battery charger, they charge up to about 14 .5 volts.
Oh, and it should be said that I usually just sh*t can the bms. Sure it offers a lot of benefits for battery life and so on, but it also can interfere with customization and beep and cut power to your scooter. And my battery packs are doing fine without it. Ive been running the battery packs with no bms for several months and they still hold a good charge and produce plenty of power.
Thats just me though.
If you want to keep it, just disconnect the additional pack and charge it on a 12 v charger. Charge your original battery normally.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:09 pm
Ok, I think some of you got this down already but I think theres alot of you that are confused about how to actually over-volt your scooter.
Here's what I did. No battery welder, no nickel strip, ( but it would be WAY better if you had these things...im just saying you dont NEED em)...yeah, no special tools or nothin , just a soldering iron, solder, and some wire.

So....the stock m365 battery is just a simple 3p10s 18650 lithium ion battery pack. You have you "3p" part of it...which just means 3 18650 batteries connected in parallel. Then you have your "10s" side of it which means there are 10 of those 3 packs hooked up in series. Assuming all individual battery cells are measuring at 3.6 volts, wiring this up would give you a 36 volt battery pack.
Now if you want to go fast youre going to want to increase your voltage. More voltage (electrical "pressure") is going to provide the" ummph" your battery needs to push more current through the resistance of your motor and make it spin faster and have more torque.
The easiest way I found to add more voltage to your m365 battery is to get another m365 battery and carefully cut off 12 individual cells from the end of it. IF you examine the way the nickel strips are welded to it you will see that it is exactly like the diagram I drew for you below. Try to cut the plastic battery case and nickel strips in such a way that you cut off a 3p4s chunk of batteries. It is possible to do this. YOu may have to solder one or two batteries together with some wire but it beats having to solder all of them or go buy a battery welder. The m365 pack is already configured exactly how you want it...you just need to break of as much as you want to use. Always keep the number of parallel cella in your battery pack the same, as it ensures your battery will charge as evenly as possible. And dont exceed 4 extra packs....it will blow the capacitors and burn your board. Adding a 3p4s battery pack to your battery pack ups your voltage to a whopping 58.8 volts when fully charged! Youll be amazed how much faster your scooter gets with technique.
And so you know you can just hook the positive of your new 3p4s pack to the neg of you original battery pack and then use the pos form the original pack and the neg from your new pack as the primary battery terminals to hook to your controller. And dont forget to program your controller to accept the higher voltage. You can do this with the BOTOX tool kit. If you want even MORE top speed, add 10 inch tires to your wheels and if you want even MORE power replace your back wheel with a bird zero motor and go ahead and over-volt another battery and go dual over-volted 10 inch tire (only on the front...it wont fit the zero motor) and youll be the fastest motherf***er in your neighborhood! Unless you live in Central Los Angeles....Cuz Im the fastest motherf***er round here.... 8-) :D :D
Check out the diagrams I made below and the bottom picture of an overvolt add on battery I cut out of another pack.
Have fun. Im outta here

Note: the diagrams are showing batteries at 36 volts and only showing 3 packs being added to the original battery. Fully charged the individual cells will have 4.2 volts... so total voltage will be 42 v .I just worried it would confuse people that I wrote about 4.2 volts and used 3.6 volts as an example in my diagrams but yall will figure it out. Also BE CAREFUL WHEN CUTTING BATTERY APART TO HARVEST CELLS! YOU CAN SHORT sh*t OUT AND HURT YOURSELF!! BE MINDFUL AND DONT CREATE SHORTS! ALSO WHEN SOLDERING WIRE TO BATTERIES>>>>DO IT FAST> IF YOU GET THE BATTERY TOO HOT IT WILL HURT IT> SO WORK QUICK. USE YOUR BRAIN!!! ITS THE BEST TOOL YOU GOT IN YOUR TOOLBOX
What tools did you use to cut apart the pack? I'm here shorting cells left and right :o
Ok, Im going to answer a couple questions at once here.
1) I used a Dremel with a mini cut off wheel to take apart the battery pack. Works the best and creates the least shorts. It is also the stinkiest way, as the molten plastic smells terrible. I usually just cut off the section I need...for me, a 3p4s section. Intact. Then you only have to make "one cut" through the pack. But that one cut is like a jigsaw puzzle. And yea, I short a lot of batteries too. It happens. Just be as careful as you can and study the construction of the pack. There is a way to do it that makes it a lot easier to accomplish but f**k if I could explain it without being right next to you to show you. Trial and error will get you there. Just be careful in the meantime. Wire your freshly chopped pack in series to the stock battery (or in my case I wired it to two es battery packs that were pre-wired in parallel) That (and a second battery and motor) is how you achieve 30+mph.

And second question... I store the extra batteries in a Lime scooter GPS box mounted to the front of my scooter. See the pictures below. I also have the bird gps box on the top of the stem. I glued two of em together to make it double high. Added a double voltage gauge to it also to know my charge level(s). I store my 12v independent pack (2p3s)in there and use that one for lights and horn. The Lime box is where I keep my extra 16v extention pack (3p4s)for the two ES battery packs located in the side tubes. They are pre-wired in parallel. If you look at my red scooter youll notice the thick ruby red wires coming out of the box. Those aint just for show, they connect all of my packs together. I managed to stuff one controller in the Lime box also, but I had to take it out of its metal shell. Its heat-sinked to a small slab of aluminum. The lime box had to be hollowed out with a dremel to create as much room inside as possible. I only left a couple of the plastic posts intact to screw it together. (i just pinstriped it too...looks f**king cool, right?) Anyway, a lot of sh*t is f**king crammed in there, but the sh*t still works tho. And lastly I run a wheels 54v battery in the base of the scooter where the stock battery would be. One controller down there too. So there is a total of -98-, yes 98 18365 batteries in that scooter to power it. (2 es packs=40 cells 1 wheels pack =40 cells 3p4s add on pack=12 cells 12v accesory pack=6 cells) That plus firmware plus one 10 inch tire is how I achieved 31 mph. 5 scooters had to die to make that one scooter what it is today. Pour a little liquor out for em. At least they didnt die in vain.

Yeah so it makes you appreciate the marriage of form and function, right ;) Every addition to that scooter is to provide me with more battery power. The challenge was making it all look like it belonged there, and I think I did an alright job. A little lumpy but battery packs aint small.

I put a lot of thought and hard work into that scooter. If you look closely at the details youll understand how and why I built it like I did. Performance was the first priority. Im working on building another similar one right now, but its slow going. Im going to try to build that one to an ever higher level and submit it to Lowrider Magazine. It would be fun to see the project showcased to THAT crowd...and it would silence some of the homies who keep asking when Im gonna get back on building cars.

Hope all this sh*t helps you guys to build your own ultimate , time consuming, super dangerous, relationship destroying, ridiculously fun, piece of sh*t mega scooter. That sh*t is soooo fun to ride and every one who see's it digs it and wants to know where I bought it. I usually just say "ebay" because I spend enough time talking with you guys about scooters. I can take much more of this scooter talk. On that note, Im gonna go ride that b*tch. Take care.
That is hella sick! Your detail is much appreciated and respected. You do make it look like it all belong there for sure no doubt.

I have a question about BMS. You said you took it off, did you removed all of it? Like there no bms on that scooter?

Man you make it seem simple but I just can't seemed to wrap my head around it and I guess because I haven't attempted to mimic your build yet.
Yea LA is on another level with this sh*t. I thought I had a pretty sick build with my dual zero build...not. But this guy has done his homework and not only built an amazing piece of technology, did it while sharing his findings with us. So much respect to you, it’s very impressive what you were able to accomplish on this project.
Now you better go try and make up all this time with your woman 😂
Thanks guys. Ill crack it open over the weekend maybe and photograph the insides to show more detail about how I did it. I need to upgrade a few things anyways and fix a couple of questionable wire splices. Thing also rattles a little bit over bumps and it annoys the sh*t out of me. Still need to mount the horn too. And after that Ill try to post a video of the thing in action. Just to silence those who might dare question my sincerity. Cuz your boy dont f**k around!

And thanks for the kind words homies. I really appreciate the acknowledgement and compliments. Ive got an unfair advantage over most people though...Ive been doing custom cars for years. Aint my first rodeo, ya know? And I aint doing nothing that yall cant do. Aint nothing to it but to do it. And if you f**k it up, do it again till ya get it right.

When I joined this forum I came to learn, of course, (and I have learned A LOT from the members here. Thank you)
but I also came to share what I know and give back. I wasnt born knowing...well....really much of anything at all. None of us were. We have to learn form others and train our minds to eventually be able to teach OURSELVES through curiosity and trial & error. And most people just need a little direction and confidence boost to get started. I remember when I saw my first lowrider car cruising down the boulevard. I was beyond inspired and so curious about how it worked. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I needed to know how to make one of my own. Thank you Dave and Gilbert for showing me the ropes and believing in me. sh*t, that was 17 years and 10 builds ago. Time flies.

Because were dealing with scooters, I figured there might be some younger dudes on here or guys that dont get their hands dirty too often. And I want to inspire these people in particular because I feel like this country (especially Los Angeles) is getting too soft and dudes aint building sh*t and fixing sh*t like they used to. There is a national shortage of automotive technicians, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, welders..etc...Im not hating on white collar guys or designers or bankers or salesmen or nothin like that, but if guys dont get the f**k out there and build sh*t, there aint gonna be nothing to sell or design or finance. More dudes need to learn how sh*t f**kin works and be able to fix it and build it and take pride in what they do. Our f**king country is getting soft, man. A lot of dudes cant even mount a spare tire or install a light switch. Thats insane to me. I thought maybe joining a f**king scooter forum would give me an avenue to inspire some youngsters or get some website designer off the computer and into the garage for a few. People come here to try to have a cheap scooter. I want them to leave having a dope, custom, super fast scooter they built themselves. Thats why I take the time to post. It aint about ego, its about the appreciation of dirty hands and the confidence to take on any job in front of you.
Anyways blah blah blah thats my 2 cents. sh*t sounds like a Home Depot commercial or some Donald Trump inaugural speech. But, f**k man, I mean it. Im just trying to say I tried, ya know? SO....Heres something even better than my ranting and unsolicited opinions about the American workforce....a sneak peek at my latest scooter build! Its still in its infant stages but you better believe its gonna be BADASS when Im through with it. And yes its an m365 deck and yes thats an air tank sitting next to it, and yes those are 2 1000 watt controllers underneath it. Thats all I have to say about it for now. Ill post in the appropriate category once i make some progress.
Homies!!!! Lets build some sh*t!!! Goodnight.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]