An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
By TJSplash

I'm working on a sit down longboard zero with an ice chest. The entire color scheme is going to be Igloo brand. Going to no joke make a custom logo for it as well to slap on the front. Packing mad batteries, I'm going to stain the longboard to a nice dark ebony, it's going to look super cool. Sanded down most of the mail today using a flap disc angle grinder. I can't believe how quickly it's stripped that thing. I need to go over it with finer sandpaper now, but it's way better than using your typical sander. I'm going to be putting the M365 controllers at the arch near the bottom. The lights for it will be showing up next week, I will make sure to continue to update you guys.
By LAskooter213
TJ, yo man.....that thing is SUPER bad *ss. For real. I cant wait to see it when youre done. You really nailed it on the shape of the board, man. It looks like it was designed and manufactured to go on the deck of that scooter! Good work. I might even have to semi jock your idea and make something similar for myself!
And what kind of ice chest you gonna put exactly?

Anyways.....when youre done if you want it painted or pinstriped...I got you. No charge, painted/styled/striped to your specifications and done with care and pride...as if it were my own. Check out the pinstripe work I just finished on my battery box. I think something like that might go with your scooter pretty well. OR I can paint your custom logo for you. And if youre not into it, I aint mad at you. But my offer stands.

And oh yeah....hahaha thought you might like the last picture. sh*t made me laugh,
By TJSplash
Hey LA, thanks for the offer man! I might take you up on that since LA isn't too far from SD. That's a super cool paint job!

I picked up this old ice chest from a thrift shop the other day. I'm going to sand it down to an extent, paint it up fresh. The extra length of the longboard will help support the scooter on the rear end as well. I'm going to attach some steel support bars to it as well. I need to finish sanding the scooter though, I'm using a angle grinder and it had a pretty low grit of paper in the pack that I bought. I just went out and picked up at 120 Grit flap disc. Should do the job pretty well and then I'll go over it with something much higher like a 500. But I just broke my sander the other day so I need to go out and pick up a new one. I also need it to further sand down longboard so the stain can properly penetrate the wood. Looking to give it a clear coat as well. I can't decide if I want to put griptape on it or not, but if I do it would be clear so I can see the wood. My lights are showing up on Wednesday, I'll show you them when they get in.

I have a configuration in mind for the batteries so the wheel will be able to semi go into the ice chest. In between the two layers of plastic in the chest I'm going to put a piece of wood and that way I can mount it to the longboard as well as some of the metal contact points in the scooter.

I'll upload a sketch soon of both the logo and scooter design as well

By LAskooter213
Cool man. If you are sanding the scooter to paint it you dont need to sand down to metal. You just need to scuff the surfaced and clean it with a good wax/grease/oil remover. Some 320 sandpaper is all you should need. If you are going to polish it, then youll need a lot of different grits of paper, a couple of buffing wheels and some compound.....and a lot of elbow grease. And if youre gonna paint the ice chest I would advise you to just clean it really well, scuff it with a red scotch-brite and spray adhesion promoter on it first. It will really help the paint to stick. Plastic can be tricky to paint. Using a good quality primer helps a lot too. Try to order the primer and paint online from TCP Global or a similar company. They sell industrial grade paint. Its much higher quality than the crap they sell at the hardware store. A paint job can look good when you finish it...but if it doesnt hold up after 3 months of using the thing, youll wish you spent a few more bucks on better materials.
Just my 2 cents....which is more like 2 dollars cuz Ive been painting professionally for many years. My advice comes from much experience and making many mistakes that you dont have to make.
And if you want some help and are willing to make the drive out to LA, I would be happy to let you use my tools and materials and help you out however I can. Take care homie .

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]