An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By ChrisB
After blowing a regular dash by plugging it into the Lyft dash cable I thought of doing the same. Assuming normal color convention is being used red and black would be power, yellow and green tx or Rx(swap if they dont work, no damage). Several conductors on the green cable would just not be used.
By jwye120
dictionaryboii wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:22 pm
What tool did you guys use to disassemble the extra battery off the scooter? I tried hex and t15-27 screw drivers and the screws aren’t budging.

I’m talking about the screws under the stoppers
Try a powered impact gun. I had a couple that I would never have been able to get by hand.
By ndmccutcheon
jwye120 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:10 pm
dictionaryboii wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:22 pm
What tool did you guys use to disassemble the extra battery off the scooter? I tried hex and t15-27 screw drivers and the screws aren’t budging.

I’m talking about the screws under the stoppers
Try a powered impact gun. I had a couple that I would never have been able to get by hand.
I’m not sure if different companies use different sizes, but I’ve always found the most success with a size 3 tamper proof hex bit.
By ThrowAway33
Seems like there isn’t a lot of solid info here yet, so I’ll try to add to the conversation soon. I just legally acquired a handful of impounded lyft es4’s with the external batteries. Ordered 2 dashboards and 1 control board to start. Gonna see if I can somehow use the existing control board by reducing the output voltage to stock specs. Will update in the next week or so.
By ThrowAway33
Well, i converted the first of the couple scooters I got. I realized that I’d bought an es1/2 controller after I had disassembled the scooter. If you’re converting an es4 be sure the controller is an es4 controller. The difference is the connection bus for the external battery.

Also, the conversion was fairly difficult for me. It was hard to get the battery and controller out. Took a pair of vise grip needle nose and a long sharp pokey-hook thing to get the plastic retaining disk out that held the controller in place. Not too bad after that though, as long as you don’t encounter any stripped or over tightened screws.
By ThrowAway33
After connecting the new dashboard to the app via Bluetooth, sport mode is no longer available. Also, the other dashboard I ordered off eBay is clearly used, most likely stolen and reflashed. Be sure to beware of crap parts.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]