An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Making money in the scooter game.
By Spree1985
WahooBal wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:13 am
UPDATE:

The bird with no bird brain? I still have it, couldn't capture it - and Bird help through the app STILL hasn't responded.
ANALYSIS: not worth it!

Another bird with the gray power cable disconnected:
Properly captured and logged into my tasks, could not charge, and the bird was at 0%. Released in a nest as per normal. Compensation? 0
Replies from bird help? 0
ANALYSIS: again, not worth it!

COME ON, Bird, there should be at the very least some incentive to get damaged birds off the street!!
Your problem was since it had no battery left you needed to leave an address for a mechanic to pick it up. That's why you probably didn't compensated if you read the FAQ it states birds with no charge when reported damaged need to have an address provided. They see it like an incomplete work order on their end. How can someone go pick it up without knowing were it is.
By Nottinghaam
Spree1985 wrote: Your problem was since it had no battery left you needed to leave an address for a mechanic to pick it up. That's why you probably didn't compensated if you read the FAQ it states birds with no charge when reported damaged need to have an address provided. They see it like an incomplete work order on their end. How can someone go pick it up without knowing were it is.

Makes sense but also, shouldn't that information be accessible to them through the fact that they assigned that bird ID to a nest when it was released?
By kawfey
I discovered something.

I had 5 offline birds that I "charged"... "" because they wouldn't charge but I tried to all night, and released them anyway. (sidenote: i didn't get paid for them and they were removed from my earnings list :cry: )

For some reason, they weren't picked up all day.

Fast forward to tonight at 21:05 - bounty time - and they're still at the nests where I left them. I scanned them but they said they weren't available to take. A few moments later, it pops up as a red $15 bounty. I capture it. Then the next, then the next, etc etc....I only took 3 before realizing it was effectively a hoard operation and I already had too many scooters to charge.

I think the act of scanning them re-marked them on the map using my phone's location, since the Birds were offline; so their location should be getting updated with both the fact I dropped it at a nest and that people were presumably scanning it throughout the day in an attempt to ride them (thereby uploading the Bird's last scanned location to their servers).
By WahooBal
UPDATE 2:

Spree, thanks for the extensive guide. I'm sure we all appreciate it!

I did end up getting paid the full amount on the Bird that still had the brain but no power cable - Bird support finally got back to me.

ANALYSIS: so for the red and yellow birds, damaged birds feel like they are worth it. Document the incident as spree suggests, and be patient but insistent with support. Happy hunting all
By Nottinghaam
humanbeing21 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:38 pm
Hi, new charger here. I came across a Bird with the head ripped off and no ID showing. Is there anyway I can capture it?

You’ll have to contact support with the serial number found on the stand of the scooter. They’ll be able to give you the bird ID which will allow you to capture it.
By guisar
Birdgal69 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:15 pm
Gracious i hope you got the info of the perpetrator! May the bird Rest In Peace! God bless!
They never catch these perps. Feels like people can do whatever they want to the birds without consequence.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]