An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Making money in the scooter game.
By SKIPzophrenic
Jray517 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:54 pm
The honest chargers are fighting a losing battle, I was exactly the same..

Better to hoard now. By next year they will have the system so tight you’ll be banned for being near a scooter that gets moved before nine. Or banned for scanning scooters hoarders drop off.
Well I'm an honest charger and I did my 1,000th bird last night. I did 47 scooters last night WITH MY PRIUS. I MADE OVER $350. Losing battle? LMAO
By guisar
My takeaway from this thread is to keep doing my own thing and ignore those trying to game the system. Their are still plenty of scooters out their for us legit chargers and mechanics.
By humanbeing21
guisar wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:28 pm
My takeaway from this thread is to keep doing my own thing and ignore those trying to game the system. Their are still plenty of scooters out their for us legit chargers and mechanics.
I agree, ignore hoarders.
By JJ434
It has been said that hoarding is a disease that resides only in the mind. None of us are immune to it as the pull of it is real.
Risk vs Reward
By SKIPzophrenic
JJ434 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:52 pm
It has been said that hoarding is a disease that resides only in the mind. None of us are immune to it as the pull of it is real.
Risk vs Reward
I mean I'm making like $100/hr not hoarding, using a Prius. It's unappealing to ME, but i hold no grudges towards hoarders. People gotta eat any way they can. I'll be fully immersed in other apps long before the nefarious convicts strongarm the charger economy in DC.
By BlackBeltCharger
I just hope that he is not in my city. They just terminated a bunch of hoarders here. Can tell from the map and less grouped birds waiting to top off. They did just do an update to the system that it logs the last GPS marker of the scooter every hour, and then it takes a new GPS marker when you try to capture it and if there is more than a 10 foot difference it locks the scooter from being captured by the charger trying to capture it.

So they are cracking down on the hoarders. I can't wait until they launch the Task List Limit they talked about a week ago where you will only be able to capture your limit daily.
By Silver bird
There is one location on the map in my city where I've reported over 15 birds in one place and still come back the next day but a different amount. At least a month I've seen this on my map and seems like they don't respond to this hoarder.
I’ll elaborate. What’s most pathetic is:
A) averaging only $30 a night playing by the rules.
B) engaging in a cutthroat, deceptive and fraudulent practice to get a leg up for bottom-of-the-heap gig work.
C) going to such extreme lengths and incurring costs to protect and hide that fraudulent and deceptive enterprise.
D) justifying your actions because it appears the people you work for aren’t enforcing their own rules. Really? It’s not enough to be able to look in the mirror and say, “I am not a cheat. I am not a thief.”
E) posting a defensive online jeremiad that begins with the word “confessions.”
I was attempting to charge and then mechanic for bird back when their fleet was m365. My scooter total was 0. Every scooter was no where to be found according to its last gps signal. It makes since now they where all getting Tin foil hats. I assumed birds GPS was just trash. I put a huge portion of blame on Bird for starting their payout so low and then raising it so high, creating only an incentive for hoarding, instead of just finding a median price for charging and leaving it at that. Raising the bounty does not create an incentive for finding the scooter, especially with a separate employee support team rolling around. If the scooter has been on the bounty map for 3 days then that's 3 days for legit chargers to attempt to find it. It would have been found. Raising the bounty does nothing at that point besides encourage hoarding.

One hoarding location I witnessed would store their hoard in the garage and have it visible on the map with the garage door opened to circumvent rules considering this hoard was technically available to the general public but its trespassing then meth heads attack and would just stand guard over it it 24/7 like a dystopian future.

With examples like this so blatant these scooter companies are neither innocent or the victim since instead of addressing obvious hoarders or fixing their broken system they could cut their financial losses here and simply pass it on to legitimate chargers in the form of lowered bounties to the point where the bounties are so low once the hoarding looks to have been addressed it looks to be the consensus that it isnt worth it to be a charger, judging by whats occurring on these charging maps at night. IE tons of scooters ready for charging for chump change and no one bothering to pick them up besides the hourly support teams.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]