An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Making money in the scooter game.
atlblaze wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 pm
looks like they're locking access to birds that you've captured the previous day at 7am. So that technique won't work anymore. I'm in Atlanta, too. I live in Midtown. I only do this by foot though. I normally get anywhere from 2-7 birds in a night (or mix in some limes there, no more than 7 total).
The Bird I use to ride around with is picked up the same day, usually early in the morning. Haven't had a problem with them being locked so far.

Wasn't aware Bird was locking previous day bird captures at 7 am. That's good to know.
atlblaze wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 pm
I normally get anywhere from 2-7 birds in a night (or mix in some limes there, no more than 7 total).

2-7 birds a night is way better than I've been doing. It's getting tough to find more than 2 during weeknights. I'm in Atlanta too but live in Westside and have to drive to get catch my Birds.
Rocksta87 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:20 pm

2-7 birds a night is way better than I've been doing. It's getting tough to find more than 2 during weeknights. I'm in Atlanta too but live in Westside and have to drive to get catch my Birds.
Hopefully I’m not creating too much competition here but my advice would be to not wait until 9pm to try to capture birds. I get a bunch between 3pm and 6pm or so that just drop below 15% and become marked for charging. This happens throughout the day, but 3-6 in particular seems to be a real sweet spot.

I just open the app up sporadically and if I see a fresh bird pop up within walking distance for me, I head over. I’m also out walking around often anyway for fitness.

Most of the time I get all of my birds well before 9pm. This also means that most of my birds are near zero when I find them, so there’s that trade off too ;p.

Another technique is to find a bird on the rider map and head there shortly before 9. If you can get more than one near each other, even better. I’d only do this minutes before 9. “Guarding” a bird you can’t actually capture yet for any significant period of time is pretty obnoxious, imo.
guisar wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Wasn't aware Bird was locking previous day bird captures at 7 am. That's good to know.
Yeah, bird sent it out in an email on July 13. No idea if they’ve implemented it yet though:
Due Time & Overdue Birds
Now when you check the “My Tasks” list, you can easily see when each of your Birds are due to be released. Any Birds still captured after the assigned 7:00 a.m. due time will become ‘overdue’ and automatically lock. Simply release the charged Bird into a Nest and you can start capturing again.
You don't have to worry about me invading your turf during 3-6 pm. There is no way I'll drive into rush hour traffic to capture a couple of Birds. :lol: Honestly, I haven't found midtown that profitable. Probably from the chargers on foot beating me to them. :D
tian5318 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am
I thought they cap your income at $100 max per night though?
I've never been capped on my payouts and had several over $100. In the new charger orientation Bird mentions you can only capture 20 a day. Have never captured enough Birds in a day to test it though.
guisar wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:08 pm
tian5318 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am
I thought they cap your income at $100 max per night though?
I've never been capped on my payouts and had several over $100. In the new charger orientation Bird mentions you can only capture 20 a day. Have never captured enough Birds in a day to test it though.
The cap is 20 scooters per day. There is no cap on how much money you can earn. It just depends on what each bird is worth.

Also, the app will let you capture more than 20 birds (I accidentally ended up with one too many one night so I cleared the task and put it back out for someone else), but you will only be paid for 20 birds per day regardless of how many you charge.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]