An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
By Mrkris7100
trubadix wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:21 pm
JimFiction wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:01 pm
Hi, after some Brainstorming und thinking, I unlocked the battery very easily (simple), but if you want to try this "mod" you have to extract battery pack out of aluminium housing, to get access to the BMS.
Don't try to push the battery pack out of the Aluminium case. You will only damage the electronics inside!
The easiest way is to to cut aluminium case with a flexxcutter (Winkelschleifer).
One long cut at the opposite side of the BMS...

The naked battery pack must be cleaned of the pottery. At the BMS there are some MOSFETs.
Between them ist im freespace for another MOSFET but this spot is empty.
You have to to make a connection between the the spot of the empty MOSFETplace and a little contact point sonme millimeters up.
Look :
Hey there! Interesting. but wouldn´t it be quite dangerous to use the Battery without an BMS when discharging? Or does the BMS still work and you just skip the "CAN- lock"?
thanks for the pictures :)
Thats interesting way to unlock it. i always unlocked it by connecting B+ (last cell) to cutted of cable in battery terminal. I am thinking this way is bypassing BMS or discharge protection still works?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]