An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
Pata27 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:45 pm
Great job !
Does it's also make the scooter goes faster ?
Unfortunaley til now it doesn't...
I have an good clue but haven't had any time til now to to Test it...
This Project will grow Piece by Piece...
In the next version I will clean up, put an connection availability on the arduino to enable/lock the scooter, an possibilitiy to turn on/off the light.
fabi wrote:I tried it today with a ES200G using a Powerbank. Unfortunately nothing turned on.
Do you have a description of the wire-colors?
I had no multimeter at hand so I've guessed black one is GND
Have you connected the blue Cable to the 3.3v connector?

Have you connected the Green line to TX?

Have you SUCCESSFULLY flashed your arduino? The Arduinos built in LED schould blink all the time and if you've got one the TX Led should light up every 500ms.

My first try was empowering the arduino with my notebook so there shouldnt be an difference on our setups...

You can retry it by pressing the reset button once on the arduino, just to make sure he boots properly.....

I'll hope i can help you.
basti256 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:17 am
fabi wrote:I tried it today with a ES200G using a Powerbank. Unfortunately nothing turned on.
Do you have a description of the wire-colors?
I had no multimeter at hand so I've guessed black one is GND
Have you connected the blue Cable to the 3.3v connector?
Have you connected the Green line to TX?
Have you SUCCESSFULLY flashed your arduino? The Arduinos built in LED schould blink all the time and if you've got one the TX Led should light up every 500ms.

My first try was empowering the arduino with my notebook so there shouldnt be an difference on our setups...

You can retry it by pressing the reset button once on the arduino, just to make sure he boots properly.....

I'll hope i can help you.
Yes, the blue cable was connected to the 3.3V pin.
Yes, the green cable was connected to the TX/D1 Pin
The Arduino was flashed using an external programmer (USBasp), the LED behaviour is more like a double flash and the 500ms pause.
I can't see any output using my logic analyzer though.
The scooter isn't next to me right now, I can't test it too soon again; I've used many combinations of the reset button, disconnecting the battery of the scooter and disconnecting and reconnecting the powerbank

EDIT: There seems to be something wrong with my Arduino I guess; so right now its my fault
Last edited by fabi on Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome work, basti! Thanks for sharing :D
Must be a pain in the *ss that someone else is making money off your work, especially without giving credit :/
Please don't mind me asking tho: If you intend to release further updates for free, what's keeping you from going open-source (i.e. GitHub)?
I'd love to contribute to the project, as well as use the script on different Arduinos.
It's totally understandable if you're not willing to share the source due to this rather unpleasant past experience.
Please consider it tho (being the first one to openly publish it should get you the recognition) :)

Whatever the decision may be, keep up the great work!
warrenwot wrote:Awesome work, basti! Thanks for sharing :D
Must be a pain in the *ss that someone else is making money off your work, especially without giving credit :/
Please don't mind me asking tho: If you intend to release further updates for free, what's keeping you from going open-source (i.e. GitHub)?
I'd love to contribute to the project, as well as use the script on different Arduinos.
It's totally understandable if you're not willing to share the source due to this rather unpleasant past experience.
Please consider it tho (being the first one to openly publish it should get you the recognition) :)

Whatever the decision may be, keep up the great work!
Thanks (at all of you) for your congratulations.
Actually I don't want to share the Source code itself... I think it's just because of this scooter-unlock guy.
I am not an Programmer, I am not even an very good electric brain...
I just don't want to share this "first" solution open source... I think I will in future put the codes online for unlocking/locking the scooter then everyone can write his own code for this...
I think my final result will be an NFC reader on the arduino for Locking/unlocking the scooter. Everything nicely packaged in the original GPS Box.
When you unlock you will hear something like the original tier unlocking sound, and the locking sound...

So at the end I will not directly share sourcecode (actually) maybe I will in the Future but it's actually not planned...

I'll hope everyone is successfull with this small script, and everyone who is able to use an logic analyzer can already red out what I'm sending through the TX line...

If someone finds out, feel free to share it also in this post, no worries :)

Actually my hardest limitation is my time... I always write these posts fastly at work.have to do overhours at work, I always write my code 1 or 2 hours at the late evening, weekends i'm renovating my house and in between i'm sleeping and eating :lol:

So enough talked for today... maybe I can share something new and cool with you tomorrow which you can use on every scooter... ;)
An Sctipt that allows you to send any unlock code/command through the serial monitor into your/any scooter...

EDIT: If you want you can order yourself already an RC522 NFC Module, the next "bigger" update will bring the compatibility to bring everything in the GPS Box usind the original Speaker, opriginal Reset Button and an NFC Module with an code for locking/unlocking your scooter.
Hey everybody.
As basti256 was saying it is quite simple to use a logic analyser to find out what the program is sending.
So if someone want to make a custom one you can use this code as a starting point.
Code: Select all
void setup() {
  // initialize serial:
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.write(0xA6);
  Serial.write(0x12);
  Serial.write(0x02);
  Serial.write(0x10);
  Serial.write(0x14);
  Serial.write(0xCF);
  delay(500);
  Serial.write(0xA6);
  Serial.write(0x12);
  Serial.write(0x02);
  Serial.write(0x11);
  Serial.write(0x14);
  Serial.write(0x0B);
}

void loop() {
  delay(500);
  Serial.write(0xA6);
  Serial.write(0x12);
  Serial.write(0x02);
  Serial.write(0x15);
  Serial.write(0x14);
  Serial.write(0x30);
}
Hope it can help people that wanted the code to do a custom version with nfc reader or some more feature.
Last edited by Pata27 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]