An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
I have a second scooter for testing that stopped working. Need to figure out why and then could try running these with a delay to test speed or other things
I blocked mine by sending too much commands rapidly, putting it to charge then sending start command unlocked it after a while.
Just an observation: you guys notice the difference in start up torque between some of these codes?
Ex:
A612020514DC much more smoother start up -display shows about 13.6mph then drops down to a sustained 12.9mph (freewheel off the ground)
A6120225141D start up torques is higher - display averages about 18mph then drops down to 12.9mph (freewheel off the ground)

Or is it just me?
Ok A little testing up date. 0xA3 is slow as dirt!
Why is that a great thing?
If there is a go tortoise slow, there got to be a go f*&$ fast. It also seems like the 0xFF and the Hex near seem to have the most acceleration with 13 mph and a flashing headlight. 0xD1 turns the headlight off and goes 13 mph
I went through a lot of different commands and none of them go any faster that 13 mph.
grr
Hello there. I am back from a few days of testing and some family stuff going on. I've made some progress on a few of my interests:

1. I started putting together an eBook. No one has asked me to do this but it seemed like a fun project and a resource for myself to accumulate everything into once place. I am making it in iBooks Author so it is interactive. It is designed for completely beginner and ideally to get them unlocked as soon as possible.

2. I am working with my nearest impound to build some unlock devices. I'm starting with 10 to learn more about sourcing parts and the time commitment. So far, its going ok. I've built a demo and shoved everything in a box and its working. I'm mostly learning that stuff from Amazon is junk and the reviews mean nothing. I've tested a few step downs and now some some switches.

3. I've tested a higher rated input step down converter and smoked it. I can't find a small inexpensive one that can take 50v. The closest I've found is either $12 prime shipped or $4 and delivers in a month. I tested the $12 one and its great. It is a bit more wire than I need but it takes up to 50v and outputs to USB port. Seems very reliable and there are versions with a micro for the Nano and a female USB port to charge a phone. They are rated 3 amp max so should be able to handle both.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R5 ... UTF8&psc=1

4. Is anyone else seeing a really really long time to unlock? I have a test board that I'm working on and it seems like it is taking up to 17-20 seconds to unlock after powering up my board.

Hey BigRedRobot,
So this is the DC/DC power supply I have been using. They have been working great. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0788HNX1P/re ... UTF8&psc=1
Make sure to hook them up to a Multimeter first and set them to 5 volts. When you hook them up to 42v they start outputting 21 volts. Cheap and easy to use.
As for the Arduino I really recommend using a ESP32 for your controller. It won't require extra switches and wires so they can be setup quick and easy. And with the RemoteXY smartphone app for iOS/Android its really easy to connect up and turn the scooter on. You can even setup passwords. If you need a wiring diagram, I will be happy to set one up.

P.S.Its a little creepy that scootertalk.org turns my link into an amazon ad but hey that's just the way these things are right :shock: .
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:40 pm
Hey BigRedRobot,
So this is the DC/DC power supply I have been using. They have been working great. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0788HNX1P/re ... UTF8&psc=1
Make sure to hook them up to a Multimeter first and set them to 5 volts. When you hook them up to 42v they start outputting 21 volts. Cheap and easy to use.
As for the Arduino I really recommend using a ESP32 for your controller. It won't require extra switches and wires so they can be setup quick and easy. And with the RemoteXY smartphone app for iOS/Android its really easy to connect up and turn the scooter on. You can even setup passwords. If you need a wiring diagram, I will be happy to set one up.

P.S.Its a little creepy that scootertalk.org turns my link into an amazon ad but hey that's just the way these things are right :shock: .
That step down is almost identical to the version I found by eBoot. The rectifier chip even looks like the same. I tested it yesterday and after about 4 minutes of power on it was just about to hit the pain threshold for too hot to touch. I had it hooked up to test the voltage out put and in that time I was trying to turn it down from 40v to a lower out put and it never went down.

The new version I'm testing doesn't get warm and the output is on the money every time, no adjustments needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RT ... UTF8&psc=1
I noticed some interesting regenerative breaking today. If you're using your scooter and at the top of a hill and about to go down, if you let of the throttle the wheel gets released and when I hit about 25-26kph the regen brake hits on pretty hard. It cuts the speed down to 21kph and then fluctuates between 21 and 24.

If you keep the throttle down the hole time and never let off, the regen brake is much smoother, never gets above 21, and there is no abrupt halt. I would be interested to see if its the same for others. Where I live, there are a few steep hills so it makes for a much smoother ride.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?