An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
Hey guys,

i'm very sorry to only have a few minuted a day to give an Signal from me... I'm till the rest of the day more til end of january completely booked with work and other stuff. I am very sorry for that.
Actually I don't have time to proceed with the next version with the nfc reader. I think I am not gonna release the next version on friday... 1 or 2 weeks more I think I will need...
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:38 pm
Is it just me beeing morty or does anyone else have problems getting rev 0.2 to work also? I tried to flash the machine code Hex several times changing between my source, rev0.1 and rev0.2 but the latest one doesnt boot the scooter. I checked the output with a logicanalyzer but it is just putting out empty 00 hex bytes and repeating 6 of them over and over again. My scribt and rev0.1 do still work on my nano :shock: rev0.2 doesn't tickle the speaker also, it is just switching between TX line state "continious high" and repeating 6 "00" Hex bytes by pressing the button. @basti256 any Ideas?
Hey Rick,

thanks for your feedback. It's a bit weird but it's possible that I've made an mistake during the compiling or in the sketch...
Normal procedure would be: Connect the module with the scooter, the arduino boots but the scooter stays "shutted off", if you have connected the RX line on the arduinoyou can see already something incoming. then you'll press the button (in my case it's the original reset button from the gps module) and after ~1 second you will hear an sound from the speaker.

The scooter will turn directly after the sound on.
When you press the button again you will hear the "turn off" sound and the scooter should immideately turns off.

Maybe I made an mistake, could YOU please try this attached version then I can refresh the package this evening or tomorrow. The only change in this scipt is the arduino "progmem" command i had some struggles at the beginning, but without a change it worked for me but maybe it's an general problem or an compiler probolem here... I've change the progmem command against an "const char".

Looking forward to hear from you.
Attachments
(6.03 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
mmaacckkii wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 am
please decode new project 0.2 and past code :)
I will not post my code.
My solution is usable even for newbies and people who are not into coding... and everyone who has a bit of experience in coding could easily code my program so theres no need to make my code public.

If you are an developer or into coding, feel free to build something that works like my code. Everyone is free to decode my program and post post it here. no problem, seriously. We can all discusss about any bit you decode of my code.

If you are not, theres no need to make my code public because you are not into coding... so what would be the difference.

Thanks for appreciating this.
I just came back home.....exhausted. Gimme an hour of rest and i'll test/analyze Hex rev0.2b.
Here a little hint of what I think might happened by accident:

"As of Arduino IDE 1.0 on AT328P serial transmission is asynchronous. If there is enough empty space in the transmit buffer, Serial.write() will return before any characters are transmitted over serial. If the transmit buffer is full then Serial.write() will block until there is enough space in the buffer. To avoid blocking calls to Serial.write(), you can first check the amount of free space in the transmit buffer using availableForWrite()."

Maybe it'll help:) To all the others yelling for source instead if machine code: No developer likes to share his source (like I don't want to share my secret in how to make dark matter ;) ) especially when we are new to something....I'll go the same way when my ESP8266 and later the ESP32 for the ES400 are ready to be used.
I've tested the new rev 0.2b Hex and it seems to work but not for 100%. I've found som critical failures like D5 is trying to pulse Vcc to the ground shorted button when activating and deactivating causing a short crash on all signals (visible in the atached logic cut and I expect the nano not to make it really long beeing treated like a Morty) and the scooter switches off the 36Volts although the 3V3 Signals stays on after a few seconds in deactivated state. I included all interesting signals in the logic cut and named them(Also the TX coming from the scooter, maybe someone can interpret it), you guys can open it with "Waveforms" that can be downloaded for free on Digilents website:
(https://store.digilentinc.com/waveforms ... orms-2015/)
I'm sorry I had to cover a few parts of my pics :roll: but I'm a shy individual and the intergalactic goverment is after me 8-)
I have to catch my flight now to sign contracts for my new job tomorrow so I'll be a bit passive in the next few days. Hope I could help a bit improving the project so far :)

Edit: The mystery of the spontaneous sleep mode in standby is solved it was a LM2596 switching regulator that started behaving like a living beeing making own decisions......I terminated and replaced it :twisted: ....one problem solved but more to go for. As soon I'm back or get my stuff over here i can proceed testing with the scooter attached.
Time to snore now for a few houres befor the brutality of grey daylie averagness and sensless talking with ppl in suits starts again. Get shwifty folks :D
Attachments
(52.8 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
Last edited by Rick Sanchez on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What is with everybody not sharing their work? We are all here for the same reasons and without sharing we can't make the cause of putting it to the man, work. There is this idea invented by someone wiser than me called open source, if you make it open source, everyone is able to share our hard work and it will help us all move forward together.
Who care if some spineless dill hole wants to sell some rip off piece of monkey fluff. For more than he ever put into it.
If we share the knowledge we bring the price down and no one want to buy their silly little junk. We are only helping these cheese balls get rich off our hard work but keep the secrets to our selves. So Im begging you not to let limp d$#k win and put your wisdom out here our we all lose in the end.
@x7y you forgot to install a positive switching/linear regulating voltage regulator in between, honey :mrgreen: In Bird culture this is considered a dickmove ;)
AMS1117 is only capable of 12V input and the red and black line deliver 27 to 42 volts depending on the charge state of the battery........and yes, there's a chance of 99,5% that you fried everything behind the LDO. Try to unsolder it and feed 5V into the middle pin plus ground to the left one, if it wakes up again feel lucky, bring him flowers, breakfast in bed and swear to treat him better in the future :lol: ........
Schöne Grüße aus Dänemark =P
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:24 pm
@x7y you forgot to install a positive switching/linear regulating voltage regulator in between
ooops!
:lol:
i have another nano clones, so whatever ;)

you mean something like this one:
LM2596S DC-DC
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=487138.0
Last edited by x7y on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 pm
What is with everybody not sharing their work? We are all here for the same reasons and without sharing we can't make the cause of putting it to the man, work. There is this idea invented by someone wiser than me called open source, if you make it open source, everyone is able to share our hard work and it will help us all move forward together.
Who care if some spineless dill hole wants to sell some rip off piece of monkey fluff. For more than he ever put into it.
If we share the knowledge we bring the price down and no one want to buy their silly little junk. We are only helping these cheese balls get rich off our hard work but keep the secrets to our selves. So Im begging you not to let limp d$#k win and put your wisdom out here our we all lose in the end.

Honey,
I don't know where exactly is the problem now... I had the feeling I'm sharing enough from my idea over my time/ money and so on. I appreciate that you posted your .ino sketch on hackaday.io I am sure everyone loves what you did (I am serious).
Please accept my decission that i don't want to share my code as an .ino sketch... all the rest I'm sharing with everyone... I could have also have done it for myself and then noone would have anything... Or you all could buy these modules for an stupid mount of money... . We both know that we don't "have" to do what we're doing here, developing for other people.
The only reason why I am doing this is the fact that already I had luck with some projects when another one shared his knwoledge in the WWW as good as he could so I was able to rebuild it...

Ask other open source projects for there whole source code. 99% of them are not sharing the whole source code with the rest of the world. And if users share some snippets of the source code the topics will be directly deleted by the thread owner. I always say: Please share your findings through my script with the rest of the world, this is what will help people. Copy & Paste is too easy and no one is learning anything.

Another example: I've read ??your?? post at Hackaday.io at first: Respect for this awesome and Detailed Tutorial.
But have you said by ONE word who found out the trick? No, you didn't. This is exactly why I don't share the code itseld. If I would have shared it as code, I am very sure I would find my code now there attached as an .ino file. And because I haven't shared my code I find YOUR code attached to YOUR tutorial.
Your sketch is good and working, even when I have made it completely different, both ways bring it's way to success and I#ve learned something: Think easier and not so complicated.

So again to everyone: Please accept my/our/ everyones decission how they handle their code. It's their built, it's their product.

Cheers and an drunken Friday,
Sebastian

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]