An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
vik sinikov wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:42 pm
UgloBuglo wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:22 pm
Jag förstår tyvärr inte ryska, kan du ta det på svenska i stället?

Or, perhaps even in english since it is an english forum? :o
vik sinikov wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:09 pm
Этот батон лампочкин нужно просто предварительно продефайнить...
#define LED_BUILTIN

it must be declared in the sketch. I as a programmer is zero. scored just once this is in Russian search engine.
To read the BMS you only need to decode the TX from the ESC. I believe its the second to last two bytes but this needs to be confirmed with testing.
Biingobom wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:11 pm
I can now switch my ES200G on and off with my mobile phone via Bluetooth. I use an Arduino Nano (consumption approx. 25 mA), a Bluetooth module HC-05 (consumption approx. 5 mA) and a LM2596S Step-Down Converter with a Z-Diode (15V, 3W) to first reduce the 42V from the scooter to below 30V and then to reduce it with the LM2596S to 5V for the Arduino. This works great and I need neither an additional power source (powerbank) nor a visible switch to turn my scooter on. The arduino is always on and takes approx. 30mA together with the bluetooth module. This should be okay because the scooters battery capacity (12800 mAh) could run my arduino for 426 hours without charging. Okay for me and no one can pair up and drive my scooter without my Bluetooth PIN.

Now I would like to have not only a switch for on and off in my RemoteX-Scooter-App. I would also like to see how full the scooter's battery is as soon as I am paired via Bluetooth and also be able to switch the lights on and off. Does anyone have an idea how to read the current battery status from the controller (BMS) with the Arduino?
Its the current not really the voltage that is limiting the speed of the motor. And that is limited by the MOSFETS in the ESC and the amount of amps the battery can discharge at any moment. From reading the specs the motor is 150W-300W anything motor than the motor will cook. Now if your wanted to put another motor, ESC, and on the rear wheel bracket. Things might get interesting. But in reality I think the speed is software inhibited so you would need to reprogram the ESC, or spoof the speed signal from the hall sensors on the wheel. All fun options.
bigredrobot wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am
Do you think it would be possible to use a step up converter between the motor and controller to boost the voltage a bit from 36v to 48v? Guessing it would have to take a bunch of amps but at face value?
Long and the short Yes. Its sounds like the ESC is shorted out.
PTbig wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:15 pm
Possibly I killed my ESC100 :( :? :'(

I used the code I indicate below.
#include <Arduino.h>

int PIN_SWITCH_1 = 13;
int powerPin = LED_BUILTIN;
byte messageOff[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x90, 0x01, 0x42};
byte messageA[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x10, 0x14, 0xCF};
byte messageC[] = {0xA6, 0x00, 0x00, 0xF5, 0xFF, 0xFC};

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);

pinMode (PIN_SWITCH_1, OUTPUT);
pinMode(powerPin, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(powerPin, HIGH);

Serial.write(messageOff, sizeof(messageOff));
delay(500);
Serial.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));

}

void loop() {
delay(500);
Serial.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));
//Serial.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));
}
It was in tests and everything was going well, display showing speed, lights and wheel unlocked.
but i had a problem with the arduino power cable and it turned off, after a few seconds the scooter too.

Since then I haven't been able to connect anything to the scooter, I removed the 30A fuse and when I try to connect it again I can't, it melted the "terminals" of the fuse.

I measured the battery seems to be normal 42 Volt's output.

But whenever I try to connect a fuse it seems to have a lot of amperage, I had already removed the fuse more times without ever having this problem.

Did my ESC100 die?
Can say what model scooter are you using?
JeffroeG wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:11 am
basti256 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:10 pm
How to get your Impounded Electisan aka Okai Scooter Runninng

Intention of this Tutorial:
This Tutorial is intended to help you to personalize your Electisan aka Okai Scooter.
Actually Jump, Voi, Tier is using them under different names for their rental Systems.

So far known working scooters with this Mod:
-Tier ES-200G
-MyTier ES-200G
-Voi Voiager 2
-Bird Zero

There are plenty of different Versions spreaded in the field. Okai the Manufacturer of these Scooters has actually 7 different Software/Hardware Versions in the field.
ES-200A, ES-200b, ES-200C, ES-200D, ES-200E, ES-200F, ES-200G

I have one of the above listed Scooters how to unlock it?

You will need an Arduino Nano, The Original GPS Box Connector (The black round one) and some kind of powerbank/usb-power to power up the arduino thats it.

The easiest way to test if your Scooter is compatible or not is to use one of the very easy Scripts.

Here you can choose:
-You can try this Version: Turn_Scooter_on.zip *recommended*
-No other Version uploaded yet

Upload:
Use the Arduino IDE Here to open and upload the .ino file to your arduino. If necessary google for the basics in flashing an arduino nano.

Cabling:
-Solder the Green wire to TX from the Arduino
-Solder the blue wire to 3.3V from the arduino

Time to try:
- Connect the Round Plug with your scooter.
- Plug your arduino in the USB Port of your powerbank or whatever

The Light should turn on, the scooter should start.

My Scooter does not start...
Unfortunaley your Scooter is not Compatible til now... We're working hard to unlock more and more revisions and versions. Take a look here from time to time.

My Scooter does start...

Be glad, you have an choosen Scooter.... You can proceed with the code above and built something beautiful out of it.
=======================================================================================================

Bastis Mod
Bastis Mod is an debugging/sending tool for your unlockable scooter. Just connect teh TX and RX line to an Scooter and you'll be able to send whatever you want to the scooter through the Serial Monitor.
Mainfeatures:
-Toggles the light of the scooter on startup
-Accepts Hex and Decimal Input
-If nothing is sent through the serial Monitor different startup commands are sent automatically.
-Scooter responses are written down as Decimal Values in the Serial Port
-The Checksum is calculated by the Arduino

Perfect for debugging and testing some code.

Availability and Download:
-Early 2020 (Sorry Guys)
======================================================================================================
MiTier
The MiTier Mod is intended to be used on the Tier Scooter. I think it will also work on other similiar plattformed scooters.

Mainfeatures:

- Teach in Mode
-Supports 1 Toggle Key and 1 Master Card for reset
- Toggle the Light
-Unlock the Speed Limit (Command not available til now...)
-Enable /Disable Sound
-Change between km/h or mp/h

Needed Hardware:
-Arduino Nano
-RC522 Module (NFC)
-Step Down (Buck) Converter from 42V to 5V
-GPS BOX Original Speaker
-GPS Box
-Reset Switch on the GPS Box

Wiring:

-Coming Soon

Download:

-coming soon

=======================================================================================================

Bastis Mod 0.1
WARNING: This Description and Sofware is old and will replaced by the Bastis Mod v1.0 described above.

Old:

So what you'll need?
-Arduino Nano (~2€)
-Step Down Converter (~2€) (for an first try you can power your arduino by an usb cable.
-XLoader or another Hex file flasher to flash your arduino

How to Install?

-solder the TX line from the arduino to the Green Cable where your GPS Box was...
-solder the Blue Line to 3.3v of your arduino....
-flash the .hex file to your arduino ( I attached an AVRDUDE Uploader)
-the arduino's built in LED will blink now and will try to toggle the scooter on. the light should also turn on...

If you disconnect the Arduino the scooter it will lock itself after around 60 seconds....
So it's at this point your imagination how you want to make the cabling... you could connect an switch/keyswitch to turn on or off the arduino, an 433mhz receiver.

Experimental for Version 0.1: Use the hex file flasher by starting the .cmd file in the .zip file and upload the "upload.hex" file.
Select the comport (Example: write COM1) (Installed Driver needed but is also included as an .dll)
Press enter and the upload should start.

ATTENTION: THIS WAY IS ABSOLUTELY ALPHA. I will work now the next days in making it all a lot better. Please share with me your findings...
if i dont have the GPS bo anymore does this mean i cant continue on?
PTbig wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:08 am
I also think that this is the problem, tomorrow I will try to remove the foam that surrounds the ESC, I have tried it with plastic spatulas but it is not easy: / any chemist that helps to remove it?

Model: electisan tank es100
there stm32f103c8t6 (copy ninebot) chip is easily accessible and close to the strip at the wiring. You can easily pick a metal screwdriver.
hybrid ninebot and xiaomi mijia m365. although there are differences. ninebot unifilar uart,
ES100 + 2 speed / brake
vik sinikov wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:22 pm
PTbig wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:08 am
I also think that this is the problem, tomorrow I will try to remove the foam that surrounds the ESC, I have tried it with plastic spatulas but it is not easy: / any chemist that helps to remove it?

Model: electisan tank es100
there stm32f103c8t6 (copy ninebot) chip is easily accessible and close to the strip at the wiring. You can easily pick a metal screwdriver.
hybrid ninebot and xiaomi mijia m365. although there are differences. ninebot unifilar uart,
ES100 + 2 speed / brake
contact pin for st-link quickly find the reverse side. 100 % not break anything.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?