An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
BigRedRobot,
Take a look on the DC/DC convertor. There is a surprisingly big number of different IC chips. The ones I have been using are TI LM2596 and there max voltage is 40v+/- 2% also the caps on the board need to be rated for that voltage. I have used DC/DC convertor boards that look identical but use a different IC chip. Usually it is a XlSemi IC which not all are rated to handle 42v. Either the IC or the capacitors ratings could be the problem. The other problems could be that the IC on the board might be a cheap TI knockoff. Lastly check the wiring it might be a simple mistake. Don't get me wrong cheap Chinese components go boom all the time. Just trying to narrow down the possible issues for you.
Good Luck
Mr. Spriggs
bigredrobot wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:54 am
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:40 pm
Hey BigRedRobot,
So this is the DC/DC power supply I have been using. They have been working great. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0788HNX1P/re ... UTF8&psc=1
Make sure to hook them up to a Multimeter first and set them to 5 volts. When you hook them up to 42v they start outputting 21 volts. Cheap and easy to use.
As for the Arduino I really recommend using a ESP32 for your controller. It won't require extra switches and wires so they can be setup quick and easy. And with the RemoteXY smartphone app for iOS/Android its really easy to connect up and turn the scooter on. You can even setup passwords. If you need a wiring diagram, I will be happy to set one up.

P.S.Its a little creepy that scootertalk.org turns my link into an amazon ad but hey that's just the way these things are right :shock: .
That step down is almost identical to the version I found by eBoot. The rectifier chip even looks like the same. I tested it yesterday and after about 4 minutes of power on it was just about to hit the pain threshold for too hot to touch. I had it hooked up to test the voltage out put and in that time I was trying to turn it down from 40v to a lower out put and it never went down.

The new version I'm testing doesn't get warm and the output is on the money every time, no adjustments needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RT ... UTF8&psc=1
Check out the DC-DC converter XL7015 - according to the datasheet it's specifically designed for powering controllers in an eBike and can handle input voltage of up to 80V.
Maximum output current is only 0.8A though, but that is more than enough to power an Arduino Nano.

I have a couple of these on order, will let you know how they work once they arrive.
basti256 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:10 pm
How to get your Impounded Electisan aka Okai Scooter Runninng

Intention of this Tutorial:
This Tutorial is intended to help you to personalize your Electisan aka Okai Scooter.
Actually Jump, Voi, Tier is using them under different names for their rental Systems.

So far known working scooters with this Mod:
-Tier ES-200G
-MyTier ES-200G
-Voi Voiager 2
-Bird Zero

There are plenty of different Versions spreaded in the field. Okai the Manufacturer of these Scooters has actually 7 different Software/Hardware Versions in the field.
ES-200A, ES-200b, ES-200C, ES-200D, ES-200E, ES-200F, ES-200G

I have one of the above listed Scooters how to unlock it?

You will need an Arduino Nano, The Original GPS Box Connector (The black round one) and some kind of powerbank/usb-power to power up the arduino thats it.

The easiest way to test if your Scooter is compatible or not is to use one of the very easy Scripts.

Here you can choose:
-You can try this Version: Turn_Scooter_on.zip *recommended*
-No other Version uploaded yet

Upload:
Use the Arduino IDE Here to open and upload the .ino file to your arduino. If necessary google for the basics in flashing an arduino nano.

Cabling:
-Solder the Green wire to TX from the Arduino
-Solder the blue wire to 3.3V from the arduino

Time to try:
- Connect the Round Plug with your scooter.
- Plug your arduino in the USB Port of your powerbank or whatever

The Light should turn on, the scooter should start.

My Scooter does not start...
Unfortunaley your Scooter is not Compatible til now... We're working hard to unlock more and more revisions and versions. Take a look here from time to time.

My Scooter does start...

Be glad, you have an choosen Scooter.... You can proceed with the code above and built something beautiful out of it.
=======================================================================================================

Bastis Mod
Bastis Mod is an debugging/sending tool for your unlockable scooter. Just connect teh TX and RX line to an Scooter and you'll be able to send whatever you want to the scooter through the Serial Monitor.
Mainfeatures:
-Toggles the light of the scooter on startup
-Accepts Hex and Decimal Input
-If nothing is sent through the serial Monitor different startup commands are sent automatically.
-Scooter responses are written down as Decimal Values in the Serial Port
-The Checksum is calculated by the Arduino

Perfect for debugging and testing some code.

Availability and Download:
-Early 2020 (Sorry Guys)
======================================================================================================
MiTier
The MiTier Mod is intended to be used on the Tier Scooter. I think it will also work on other similiar plattformed scooters.

Mainfeatures:

- Teach in Mode
-Supports 1 Toggle Key and 1 Master Card for reset
- Toggle the Light
-Unlock the Speed Limit (Command not available til now...)
-Enable /Disable Sound
-Change between km/h or mp/h

Needed Hardware:
-Arduino Nano
-RC522 Module (NFC)
-Step Down (Buck) Converter from 42V to 5V
-GPS BOX Original Speaker
-GPS Box
-Reset Switch on the GPS Box

Wiring:

-Coming Soon

Download:

-coming soon

=======================================================================================================

Bastis Mod 0.1
WARNING: This Description and Sofware is old and will replaced by the Bastis Mod v1.0 described above.

Old:

So what you'll need?
-Arduino Nano (~2€)
-Step Down Converter (~2€) (for an first try you can power your arduino by an usb cable.
-XLoader or another Hex file flasher to flash your arduino

How to Install?

-solder the TX line from the arduino to the Green Cable where your GPS Box was...
-solder the Blue Line to 3.3v of your arduino....
-flash the .hex file to your arduino ( I attached an AVRDUDE Uploader)
-the arduino's built in LED will blink now and will try to toggle the scooter on. the light should also turn on...

If you disconnect the Arduino the scooter it will lock itself after around 60 seconds....
So it's at this point your imagination how you want to make the cabling... you could connect an switch/keyswitch to turn on or off the arduino, an 433mhz receiver.

Experimental for Version 0.1: Use the hex file flasher by starting the .cmd file in the .zip file and upload the "upload.hex" file.
Select the comport (Example: write COM1) (Installed Driver needed but is also included as an .dll)
Press enter and the upload should start.

ATTENTION: THIS WAY IS ABSOLUTELY ALPHA. I will work now the next days in making it all a lot better. Please share with me your findings...
lol, does anyone know how to wire up the speaker and button with Bastis Mod 0.2.rar :shock:
Hello guys, i tried several Versions of the arduino scripts from this thread here on the e-200g with everything correctly wired but the Only thing they do is activate the rear + front lights and showing 15e or 06e in the display and the scooters brake is active..does somebody has an idea?😅

Jsjjdbd wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:26 pm

lol, does anyone know how to wire up the speaker and button with Bastis Mod 0.2.rar :shock:
Hey, yes I do....

There's only ine mistake, please connect + of arduino on + of your dc-dc converter and noch + on -.

I finished my work so far with the NFC Module... I drove already the last few days with it... it's very smooth driving and it works so far. I think @MrSpriggs1 had the better idea with the ESP32 Modules.
I think I will start now that my Script is "perfect" for me, (crc calculation, shift register calculation, drive mode selection and so on) with the implementation for the ESP32 like mr.spriggs already said the RemoteXY looks like an adorable software which is worth a try.

I will come and tell you in a few days about the status :D

Cheers and an drunken christmas *burp*
bigredrobot wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:59 am
Trying another buck converter to use scooter power. This one is rated up to 80v but has no ratings so it might be another dud.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZP1XM ... WKVM&psc=1
That one uses the XL7015 that I mentioned a couple of days ago.
Absolute maximum current is 0.8A, recomended output according to the datasheet is 0.6A.
bigredrobot wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:59 am
Trying another buck converter to use scooter power. This one is rated up to 80v but has no ratings so it might be another dud.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZP1XM ... WKVM&psc=1
I had problems with these types of chinese dcdc converters.

I am now using this one since 2 weeks permanently without any problems...
Not the cheapest, but it works longer then any other.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MPX ... UTF8&psc=1
thisisstan85 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:18 am
For everyone struggling to convert the power down to 5v.

Remove the simcard from the gps.

Cut green, yellow and blue from the gps julet cable but leave black and red (gnd and power) connected to gps.

Now solder extra red Wire to pad marked "bat 5v" on the gps board. There are plenty of "gnd" pads on the gps board. Solder extra black wire to one of those.

Now connect the Green, yellow and blue wire according to instructions in this thread to the Arduino. Next solder the two extra wires (red and black) according to the instructions in this thread.

The battery will power the gps board and the board Will power the Arduino with correct voltage.Image

Hey @thisisstan85 could you upload your first image again, it's not loading.
or if you could take photo of your wiring.

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]