An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Get moving and see the electric motor and wheel discussions in this category.
By 323HW420
I have a 36v 250w motor. I ordered a 36v/48v 500w controller. I received a 48v/64v 500w 30A controller. My question is, can a 36v motor safely handle 48v?
Thank you in advance for any advice I can get.
By NomadMech
The short answer is yes. Motors are almost always underrated and controllers and batteries are usually overrated. Other countries have strenuous legislation and yes the police actually pull over and write tickets if your scooter doesn't conform and they have different tools to test whether or whether or not you are complying with the laws. The first thing they see is the motor most times so the manufacturers will rate the motor typically in the 250 to 350 watt range no matter what. What you are talking about is overvolting and that is the preferred cheap quick and dirty method for gaining more speed. A general rule of thumb for most of the products we are dealing with is 5 miles per hour per every 12 volts. At some point depending on the commutation of the controller and the actual design of the motor it will stop being efficient and you do run a risk of blowing it up but isn't likely even still as long as it's hooked up correctly for more likely that the controller will give out or you will hit some sort of limiter built in so you don't blow your motor. 36 to 48 volts is never going to blow your motor besides there is more than just voltage that comes into play. Just voltage alone or just current alone isn't likely to blow up a motor at any rate voltage and current together are, but again not in the proportion that you are talking about.
By RonaldVog
Thats good to hear, but Im still going get something stronger than stock just for peace of mind. I was planning on it anyways, just dont know how big to go with it.

Latest Samsung firmwares https://samfirm.shop SamFirm Shop

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]