An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Get moving and see the electric motor and wheel discussions in this category.
By Williams88
I have a TNE Creator 3600w Dualmotor scooter. Awesome toy,however..rear motor only works half the time when I pull throttle lever.however,it goes instantly if I'm holding lever and even gently touch the rear wheel.. also,when I brake,the rear wheel makes a horrendous thumping noise.. it's not the brake disc,and I'm a little reluctant to dismantle the wheel/motor because unless there's something obviously broken inside,I dunno where to start electrically.. anyone have any ideas..?? I'll post pics shortly
He's right. It does sound like a bad sensor wire. To diagnose, I would first try to check your connections from the controller to the hall sensors on the motor. Generally, there are 8 wires running to a brushless electric motor. 3 phase wires ( these are the thick ones) and 5 wires for the hall sensors (generally one 5 volt wire , one ground wire , and 3 signal wires) Check ALL of the wires and connections and look for any damage to the wires. Pay special attention to the 5 skinny sensor wires tho. They are the likely culprits. If you have an electric meter, measure continuity of each wire between its connectors. Remember to power down and isolate (unplug) the circuit when measuring continuity or you could get a false reading. Your problem could be on the motor itself too, but i would suggest opening it up only after youve checked all the easy stuff. You can also by a brushless motor controller tester on ebay for less than $20.00. Make things real easy.
I had a scooter doing this exact same thing and my knee jerk reaction was to think it was mechanical because it sounded so damn bad and like metal was being tumbled around in the motor. But it was just a connection issue. Fixed it by cursing at it for about 15 minutes and adding a bit of solder.

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]