An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Store the power! Electric scooter battery and charging discussions go here.
efthomas wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 pm
I signed up on this forum just for this thread. I have acquired a large quantity of these batteries, and can confirm the jumpering of the white connector works perfectly. I have cycled one of these many times this way. I still have not figured out the one comment about "seeing 36 or 40v on the red wire to jumper combinations of the white connector" - not sure what that means. Since the white connector is a CAN bus, there's no possibility to "blow it sky high" right ? I like the idea of this having a BMS integrated that is usable, but dislike the fact that it is proprietary and probably capable of so much more, and we have to hack it with jumpers to make it work. I'm interested in reverse engineering the CAN bus to be able to have bi-directional comms with the BMS. Anyone else interested?
IIRC, some of these batteries have a loop between two of the pins, so my main concern with that method is what is actually happening to wake it. I haven't tried it before as I have the same concern - could this method "blow it sky high?"

I feel a lot more comfortable with the CAN controller from JAG, but that's just me.
Looking at the resources so far, it seems like the way it was meant to work from the factory was:
- connecting pink to orange will wake the CAN, causing the battery to send 5v out the black and red.
- control signals are then sent back from CAN to the battery via green and yellow

Jumping pink to orange makes sense. I do not see how jumping red and black makes any sense. Jumping green to yellow is probably harmless but useless since the battery is expecting serial comms there.

If anyone has specific details about which jumped pins woke their battery up, that would be helpful for people in this thread since the CAN controller is sold out. But honestly I think waking the battery by simple jumpers at that connector is wishful thinking. I suspect previous successes here were flukes - perhaps batteries that aren't programmed correctly?

Thanks for the interesting discussions so far!
dtbhshop wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:50 am
Looking at the resources so far, it seems like the way it was meant to work from the factory was:
- connecting pink to orange will wake the CAN, causing the battery to send 5v out the black and red.
- control signals are then sent back from CAN to the battery via green and yellow

Jumping pink to orange makes sense. I do not see how jumping red and black makes any sense. Jumping green to yellow is probably harmless but useless since the battery is expecting serial comms there.

If anyone has specific details about which jumped pins woke their battery up, that would be helpful for people in this thread since the CAN controller is sold out. But honestly I think waking the battery by simple jumpers at that connector is wishful thinking. I suspect previous successes here were flukes - perhaps batteries that aren't programmed correctly?

Thanks for the interesting discussions so far!
I signed up for this post, i'm going to try and sniff CAN messages between the clarion gsm module and the other devices on the can network.
I've heard that this works, you dont need that fancy board, just a $10 can controller and a stm32 microcontroller (bluepill will work fine) https://github.com/alex3dbros/LGH1Scoot ... _Start.ino
I have purchased some of the jump orange bikes from a towing company as unclaimed property after the bikes were abandoned in San Diego California after Jump went out of business there. I could use some replacement batteries. Do you still have some workable units available or know where I could buy something compatible?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]