Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Store the power! Electric scooter battery and charging discussions go here.
By TJSplash
Posts LikeBB LikeBB Avatar
So I'm working at making a larger battery pack comprised of 18650 batteries for a 52v overvolt. I'm still not sure if I'm going to chance soldering the connections or going with a spot welder, but we'll see. I have two questions that I need answered; I have these 4.1v cells and wanted to know how many in series I would need? I am coming up with an unround number, and just need advice on what to do.

By LAskooter213
Posts LikeBB Avatar
Well, you aint gonna get 52 volts exactly. Not with 18650's. But you can get 54-55 volts. Why you stuck on 52?
Spot welder is the way to go. I have one if you ever find yourself in LA, Im happy to let you use it. Otherwise, you can buy a decent one on Amazon or Ebay or like $175.00.
You can also just take a typical m365 pack or similar and solder long wires to it and then make a separate 3s3p pack and connect it in series. Thats what I usually do and it works great. You can charge them separately...the m365 pack with the regular bird charger and the 3s3p pack with a 12 volt car charger and then hook em back together when youre done. That way you wont need to buy a separate charger (provided you own a car battery charger). Another advantage is that you can put the add on pack in a remote location giving you more design/space options. Ive been doing this with my scooter builds. It works very well.
And lastly, I have a 54 volt battery pack off of an old e-bike. Ready to go. PM me if you want it.
Take care homes.
Oh, Hows that ice chest scooter project going anyways? Im working on one a lot like it. Totally stole your idea, but it was just too cool to pass up. An ice chest you can RIDE? Love it.

By TJSplash
Posts LikeBB LikeBB Avatar
I am still waiting on getting more powerful motors for the ice chest scooter. I honestly have moved on to a new bigger and better project that I'm sure you will be up to the challenge for. I just picked up this old 70s motorcycle frame ( I was told that it was a Honda, not really too sure about that, but it was $15 so what can I say. Thanks offer up!) I am going to be creating an electric motorcycle. I'm not sure if I should even be on this forum anymore but I will be starting a separate topic and the hot rods section to keep you all updated. I need to clean up the frame as there is a little bit of rust, but nothing I am worried about. I still need to go about identifying the frame to figure out what I'm working with. It might be an old Honda Mt 125r.
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

DOTT scooter

TIER utilise le même modèle ( Electis[…]

Lyft Max

We're talking about this here as well fyi https:/[…]

a big thanks to all those who take the time to s[…]

Here’s a spare wheel. Good price and still[…]