An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
By TJSplash
LAskooter213 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:13 pm
Yea man. Well, I cant say its BETTER but it works well and at least offers you an alternative to the stock m365 controller. Ive used one of those 1000w controllers thats available on amazon and ebay. Its a f**king monster measuring at 7" x 3.5" x 1.75" but, yes, it works. The label says its a "brainpower motor controller (item #ksdlm25) " 1000w 36-48v 38A .
It has absolutely NO instructions so you get to figure out how to wire it by yourself. And its Chinese as f**k. It even smelled like chow mein and roasted duck when I opened the package up. It is so chinese it almost starts to manufacture a cheap copy of itself when you let it out of its package. And heres a joke my Chinese friend told me: How do you know that Adam and Eve were not Chinese? Because if they were they would have just eaten the snake. Ha. Sort of funny. Anyways...

Figuring this f**king controller out is a battle every step of the way....takes patience to get this thing to work, but I have more or less figured it out. Theres a few features I have no idea about but Ive got the basics down. SOOOOOOO

Listen...herers what you do. I have mine hooked up to a stock m365 motor on my test bench, im running a stock battery and stock throttle.

POWER:Hook heavy gauge black and red wires to...guess where????? YES your battery, which should be fully charged.
Theres an orange wire floating around in there. Jump it to your thick red wire. This is your "ignition switch" wire. Youre essentially just shorting it to battery positive for now. You can make an ignition switch later if you desire.

Hall sensor wires: Same EXACT colors guys. Just color match and you are good.

Throttle: The throttle wires out of the controller are the red, black and white. Your m365 throttle is red, black and green. Just go red red, black black, and white green. Easy. Once someone tells you which wires are for the throttle !

Speed Control: Theres a black white and grey set of wires called "gear shift" or something like that . It is your speed setting. Short black to grey for low speed (for p*ssies), short black to white for high speed (for big dawgs...like YOU)

There is also REVERSE Just short the 2 wires on the bright green connector and your motor will spin backwards. (I didnt f**k with this until I read your post 365guy....so this ones for you and mom;) hope she gets better soon....and also...this controller will start motor from 0 mph speed. And its only like $30.00 Hell yeah.

To get things moving at first you will need to short the 2 dk green wires with a single pin connector together. This is the motor "learning" program. The motor will spin either correctly or backwards. If it spins correctly, unplug. You are done. If it spins backwards unplug, then plug in again and it will spin forwards. Unplug. You are done. Throttle will now work.

Figuring this sh*t out was a major headache. So.....just let me say in advance.....YOURE WELCOME.
A lil ScooterTalk love from the City Of Angeles on a lovely sunny memorial day weekend! which reminds me....

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS FIGHTING AND RISKING THEIR LIVES ABROAD TO PROTECT OUR FREEDOM. AND GOD BLESS THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE US WHO HAVE MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE AND LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES TO PRESERVE OUR WAY OF LIFE AND KEEP OUR COUNTRY (AND OUR WORLD) FREE! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN, BOTH DEAD AND ALIVE WHO CANNOT BE HERE WITH US TODAY Thank you sooo much for your service and sacrifice!
Any idea on which wires are the breaks?
By 365GUY
I don’t know if these controllers actually have regain type brakes. They have wires for the brakes but they don’t seem to work like a stock 365 or ES controller.
But that could just be my controller.
I had to return the small controller with LCD screen because it was f***ed up. I spent hours wiring it up and trying to get the throttle working only to figure out some wires were not even connected inside the controller.
What a pile of sh*t and a huge waste of time wiring it in only to have to cut it out and return it.

Ughh
By TJSplash
TJSplash wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:27 pm
LAskooter213 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:13 pm
Yea man. Well, I cant say its BETTER but it works well and at least offers you an alternative to the stock m365 controller. Ive used one of those 1000w controllers thats available on amazon and ebay. Its a f**king monster measuring at 7" x 3.5" x 1.75" but, yes, it works. The label says its a "brainpower motor controller (item #ksdlm25) " 1000w 36-48v 38A .
It has absolutely NO instructions so you get to figure out how to wire it by yourself. And its Chinese as f**k. It even smelled like chow mein and roasted duck when I opened the package up. It is so chinese it almost starts to manufacture a cheap copy of itself when you let it out of its package. And heres a joke my Chinese friend told me: How do you know that Adam and Eve were not Chinese? Because if they were they would have just eaten the snake. Ha. Sort of funny. Anyways...

Figuring this f**king controller out is a battle every step of the way....takes patience to get this thing to work, but I have more or less figured it out. Theres a few features I have no idea about but Ive got the basics down. SOOOOOOO

Listen...herers what you do. I have mine hooked up to a stock m365 motor on my test bench, im running a stock battery and stock throttle.

POWER:Hook heavy gauge black and red wires to...guess where????? YES your battery, which should be fully charged.
Theres an orange wire floating around in there. Jump it to your thick red wire. This is your "ignition switch" wire. Youre essentially just shorting it to battery positive for now. You can make an ignition switch later if you desire.

Hall sensor wires: Same EXACT colors guys. Just color match and you are good.

Throttle: The throttle wires out of the controller are the red, black and white. Your m365 throttle is red, black and green. Just go red red, black black, and white green. Easy. Once someone tells you which wires are for the throttle !

Speed Control: Theres a black white and grey set of wires called "gear shift" or something like that . It is your speed setting. Short black to grey for low speed (for p*ssies), short black to white for high speed (for big dawgs...like YOU)

There is also REVERSE Just short the 2 wires on the bright green connector and your motor will spin backwards. (I didnt f**k with this until I read your post 365guy....so this ones for you and mom;) hope she gets better soon....and also...this controller will start motor from 0 mph speed. And its only like $30.00 Hell yeah.

To get things moving at first you will need to short the 2 dk green wires with a single pin connector together. This is the motor "learning" program. The motor will spin either correctly or backwards. If it spins correctly, unplug. You are done. If it spins backwards unplug, then plug in again and it will spin forwards. Unplug. You are done. Throttle will now work.

Figuring this sh*t out was a major headache. So.....just let me say in advance.....YOURE WELCOME.
A lil ScooterTalk love from the City Of Angeles on a lovely sunny memorial day weekend! which reminds me....

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS FIGHTING AND RISKING THEIR LIVES ABROAD TO PROTECT OUR FREEDOM. AND GOD BLESS THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE US WHO HAVE MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE AND LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES TO PRESERVE OUR WAY OF LIFE AND KEEP OUR COUNTRY (AND OUR WORLD) FREE! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN, BOTH DEAD AND ALIVE WHO CANNOT BE HERE WITH US TODAY Thank you sooo much for your service and sacrifice!
Any idea on which wires are the breaks?
Also, while I was able to get the wheel to spin with the green learning wire, but i couldn't get the throttle to work by itself. Any advice?
By LAskooter213
Ok, heres some hang ups you could be having:

Battery not fully charged. These controllers have a low voltage cut off. Wont spin if under 36 volts. Voltage too high may result in the controller not operating also. Around 42 volts is safe.

Bad throttle. Ive seen a lot of my throttles going bad. They are garbage, Try another one. Or even two. They are unreliable.

Orange wire not jumped to battery positive. This must be connected to the main power wire. (thick red wire)

Brake wires are jumped. They should NOT be connected. There a 2 sets of brake wires. They are black and white and the other is purple and its doesnt have a companion wire. None should be connected at all.

Try disconnecting only the 5 hall sensor wires and jump your green wire to make wheel spin. Disconnect green wire if wheel is spinning in the right direction and hit the throttle. Does it work? If so, your hall sensors or wiring is f***ed up. Check wiring, re-wire or try a different motor

Your Chinese piece of sh*t control is an exceptional piece of sh*t. Open it and check solders. Make sure all connections are ok and check fuses for continuity. If all appears ok, return the sh*t and try another.

And just a note about these 1000 watt controllers, I just had a failure to either the unit or the motor yesterday. It was a stock m365 motor and a 1000w controller.. It still spins but the power is down and the motor is noisy under load. Im not sure why. Use lower power setting to start and take note of operation. Motor may draw more amperage than it can handle, or possibly just overheat under hard load. Or it could just be an internal short. Dont know yet. I was running at full throttle on full power setting and going uphill when things started malfunctioning. . I had done this many times before but this time there was a failure. I need to tear sh*t down to see what failed exactly and I will post once I do. Hope this helps you out. Lemme know how it goes.
Heres a diagram I made that may assist you.
By galstaf
LAskooter213 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:02 am
Ok, heres some hang ups you could be having:

Battery not fully charged. These controllers have a low voltage cut off. Wont spin if under 36 volts. Voltage too high may result in the controller not operating also. Around 42 volts is safe.

Bad throttle. Ive seen a lot of my throttles going bad. They are garbage, Try another one. Or even two. They are unreliable.

Orange wire not jumped to battery positive. This must be connected to the main power wire. (thick red wire)

Brake wires are jumped. They should NOT be connected. There a 2 sets of brake wires. They are black and white and the other is purple and its doesnt have a companion wire. None should be connected at all.

Try disconnecting only the 5 hall sensor wires and jump your green wire to make wheel spin. Disconnect green wire if wheel is spinning in the right direction and hit the throttle. Does it work? If so, your hall sensors or wiring is f***ed up. Check wiring, re-wire or try a different motor

Your Chinese piece of sh*t control is an exceptional piece of sh*t. Open it and check solders. Make sure all connections are ok and check fuses for continuity. If all appears ok, return the sh*t and try another.

And just a note about these 1000 watt controllers, I just had a failure to either the unit or the motor yesterday. It was a stock m365 motor and a 1000w controller.. It still spins but the power is down and the motor is noisy under load. Im not sure why. Use lower power setting to start and take note of operation. Motor may draw more amperage than it can handle, or possibly just overheat under hard load. Or it could just be an internal short. Dont know yet. I was running at full throttle on full power setting and going uphill when things started malfunctioning. . I had done this many times before but this time there was a failure. I need to tear sh*t down to see what failed exactly and I will post once I do. Hope this helps you out. Lemme know how it goes.
Heres a diagram I made that may assist you.

Hey LA... always love your posts man and your sage and witty advice. Your builds are amazing too... I wish I had to time you clearly spend on doing them!
I did a search for the BrainPower 1000W and found nothing. Is it a multivoltage controller? Could you please post a link on where you purchased?
I just finally got a zero motor (they are THIN on the ground round these parts, so it was a lucky score) and I want to do the 2WD thing... and am looking for a reliable way to drive the wheel without frying it (as it will be hard to replace).

It sounds like you have run one for a while with no issues and then something sh*t the bed today. Is that right?
By LAskooter213
Alright, well, the link is up above. And if you want good power and reliable function then I suggest sticking with m365 controllers and dash and not going with any cheap Chinese controllers. They work (sometimes) but when you open them up you can see the awful quality. The solders look like they were done with a hot glue gun and the components look more like Lucky Charms then electronic hardware. They can make a f**k ton of power but they are always a pain in the *ss. And this sh*t is supposed to be fun, not work. I dont really recommend the 1000 watt controllers, just tried them out, figured them out and helped a couple people with them. They are worth playing around with, but only if youre experimenting and have extra parts to sacrifice. The m365 controller is tried and true with a wealth of information about how to modify and program it. And it is capable of making pretty damn good power. If you flash it to cfw-w and over volt the system to 48 volts you will be haulin *ss and without too much worry of frying anything. Even without the over volt, the dual motor set up is a lot of fun. Just understand what once you have dual motors, riding a regular scooter will seem boring and slow. It will raise the bar on how much fun a scooter should be.
Im always trying to see if I can raise the bar even higher and go even faster...and I really do it just to have a challenge and satisfy my curiosity. I enjoy playing around with this technology and enjoy learning how far I can push things before they burst into flames. So while I might post some interesting sh*t....reliable is not always my primary concern. Heres some advice and it comes in the form of a big kiss. MUAH!.........

K eep
I t
S imple
S tupid

And thats some solid advice. Good luck homie. Let us know how your build goes.
By 365GUY
I agree with LA, these Chinese controllers are for the most part complete kung pow sh*t. I have ordered 3 in the past month and 2 have already jumped the shark, the last one is the same 1000watt that has been discussed on this post.
I’m currently trying to wire in into a sit down scooter type of thing that is similar to the razor scooters with a seat. They have 16” bike tires and a rear 350watt hub motor. There kinda a piece of sh*t actually but for long rides it would be good for someone with a v*gina.
I already blew a 350watt controller on it so then I tried to use 365 electronics on it but couldn’t get the wheel to spin. Not sure what exactly was the problem. I wonder if anyone has hooked up the M365 to a ebike type of hub motor.

Anyway now I’m going to try the 1000 watt controller on it and see if it works. I want to get it to haul *ss then get some different handle bars and make it kinda a fat bike with 3” wide tires. It’s pretty lame looking stock and the build quality is pretty crap. Pretty much standard for a company named Razor.
✌🏻

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]