An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
I have tried logical troubleshooting and spent a fair bit on parts, with no result :roll:

Scooter: Patgear E5, 36V

Problem: e-brake stopped working. Brake light still comes on, motor cuts out if throttle+brake are used together. There is now no slowing effect from the e-brake.

I've tried a few things and I'm out of ideas.

Background: I loaned the scooter to a friend's son is who is probably 15 kg heavier than me and probably rode it down a very steep hill. It came back with no e-brake.

Troubleshooting
* replaced power module (no difference so I put the old one back)
* replaced speed controller cable (no difference)

Circuit
* 2-wire brake switch goes into speed controller
* multi-wire cable goes from speed controller to power module
* 3-wire cable goes from power module to rear brake
* the usual light gauge sensor wire and power wires to the motor

My thoughts
* Everything down to the power module must be working because (a) brake light comes on (b) motor power cuts off
* I did pull the power module apart and I don't recall seeing a power resister, so I guess the e-brake circuit does not shunt the motor into a resistor
* this doesn't make sense, it sounds like the power module, but I swapped in a new one and it made no difference
controller needs replacing , down hill braking with a scooter equipped with a built in A kinetic energy recovery system (KERS) system can cause the system to fail. You either ride it with only mechanical brakes from now on , Or replace the controller

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]