An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
By nanipoonani
Hello,

I converted a Bird 590 to a personal scooter using a Chinese controller.
Everything is working great except sometimes the scooter just shuts off and does not turn on again.
When I try to turn it back on this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwGgQsl_Cyk

If anyone ever experienced this please let me know.
I was thinking that this was caused by BMS but its better to ask first

thanks in advance!!
By Jimmyyahoo
Certainly sounds like the BMS is shutting down to protect itself or thinking its protecting you. What is the voltage rating of the chinese esc? Could be its asking more than the BMS can give, causing the BMS to fault. Could also be a loose wire, faulty connector, erroneous firmware setting, but I'd tend to think it's the BMS. Have you tried flashing the BMS with different firmware if available?
By Goofymane00
nanipoonani wrote:Hello,

I converted a Bird 590 to a personal scooter using a Chinese controller.
Everything is working great except sometimes the scooter just shuts off and does not turn on again.
When I try to turn it back on this happens:
If anyone ever experienced this please let me know.
I was thinking that this was caused by BMS but its better to ask first

thanks in advance!!

@nanipoonani
DID YOU HAPPEN TO FIND A SALUTION TO THE ISSUE YOU ARE HAVING? BECAUSE WE ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE IT SOUNDS LIKE. OUR BIRD RUNS FOR A FEW MOMENTS THEN THE WHOLE THING SHUTS DOWN AND THE CONTROLLER SCREEN BLANKS OUT AND THEN WE HAVE TO PLUG IT IN TO THE CHARGER AND IT THEN LIGHTS UP AND THEN SCOOTER RUN NORMAL FOR A FEW FEET AND DOES THE SAME DANG THING. THIS IS OUR FIRST CONVERSIN AND BETWEEN SCOOTER TALK AND YOUTUBE WE HAVE HAD PRETTY GOOD LUCK FINDING MOST OF THE INFORMATION WE HAVE NEEDED FOR THE WHOLE CONVERSION,THE WIRING, AMD THE SETTING FOR THE CONTROLLER & LED DISPLAY. THOUH WE HAVE AJUSTED THE SETTING ACORDINGLY TO MATCH THE VIDEOS WE FOUND ON YOUTUBE. YET WE STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE SCOOTER STARTS UP, TAKES OFF, RUNS NORMAL FOR ABOUT 2 1/2 CAR LENGTHS AND THEN THE SCOOTER SLOWS TO A STOP AND THE LED SCREEN GOES BLACK. AND WE ARE RIGHT BACK TO PLUGGING IT IN TO THE CHARGER TO REBOOT THE CONTROLLER/LED SCREEN.
IF YOU HAVE FOUND THE SALUTION TO YOUR ISSUE OR IF YOU CAN POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO FIND THE SALUTION TO MY ISSUE IT WOULD BE MUCH APPERCIATED.
THE CONTROLLER WE HAVE IS THE LCD-S866 2018 V1.0
I DONT KNOW WHAT BMS IS SORRY IM NEW TO THE WORD OF ELECTRIC SCOOTERS. IF YOU COULD INFORM ME THANKS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]