An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
By synstealth
Hello!

I bought a XLD brainpower motor controller for 36v/350w scooter with a LCD display unit, I am trying to figure out which plug/connection is for the throttle and brakes - I have 3 wire throttle, 3 wire brake handle and 3 wire brake light. I have everything pinned out except for those three.

any ideas?

thanks!
throttle should be red/green/black. that controller has only two wires for low brake so it will be difficult to find a scooter brake lever with a micro switch and only two wires . most have 3 wires . Do a google search on low brake wire for controller to understand the concept
By TheT
Hi, I have similar question.

According to my controller it supports, Electronic brake: Compatible with power-off brake and linear Hall brake.

My dashboard has 3 wire for brake:

I have only a simple power-off microswitch style brake, with a red and black cable. How do I connect this to the 3 wire system? Simple black to black, red to red?
DIYScooter305 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:03 am
throttle should be red/green/black. that controller has only two wires for low brake so it will be difficult to find a scooter brake lever with a micro switch and only two wires . most have 3 wires . Do a google search on low brake wire for controller to understand the concept
You can use breake with hall sensor and two wired brake in controller by adding mosfet to it :)
what is the pinout for the Brainpower throttle to the lime scooter 2.5 version throttle thumb - the throttle thumb has (black-green-yellow) wire while the brainpower has two type of throttle (1:1 pas or just throttle) - (red-white-black vs red-blue-black) for the life of me I have tried connecting both or vise versa . now I am not too sure because the motor will spin continuously and max at 8 mph. throttle does not do anything. I must have hooked it wrong. everything else checks out except for the throttle part! help appreciated!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]