An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
By miay
I am considering buything this 27,000 mah battery which is also 36v, like the standard M365 battery: 36v, ~27,000 mah battery. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000715032802.html

- Since they are the same voltage, plugging the bigger battery in, in place of the small battery, should work as normal, right?

I am planning on storing that old battery in case the new one dies. Then I will put the new, bigger battery in a waterproof fanny pack, zip tie it to the front floor or stem, and hopefully enjoy 3 times the range.

Any feedback or tweaks to make the plan work are welcome, thanks.
By Daniel blag
There are 3 cables (white yellow green i think) that connects to the original controller from original battary, i am pretty sure that if you connect different battery to original controller you will have problems, and you will need a new controller.
By JonDon
miay wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:24 pm
like the standard M365 battery: 36v, ~27,000 mah battery. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000715032802.html
This is a 10S2P battery, the original battery is a 10s3p battery pack. So this is only 2/3 of the original capacity if the cells are about the same capacity. But usually Chinese cells are quite bad, so I wouldn't bet on that.
miay wrote:
- Since they are the same voltage, plugging the bigger battery in, in place of the small battery, should work as normal, right?
The ESC (controller) needs to communicate with the M365 BMS (battery controller).
So you can either disassemble the original battery to get the BMS, buy an original M365 BMS or connect the additional battery pack in parallel with the original battery.

Here is a good guide how to connect an additional battery.
By Marte
JonDon wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:57 pm
miay wrote:
like the standard M365 battery: 36v, ~27,000 mah battery. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000715032802.html
This is a 10S2P battery, the original battery is a 10s3p battery pack. So this is only 2/3 of the original capacity if the cells are about the same capacity. But usually Chinese cells are quite bad, so I wouldn't bet on that.
miay wrote:
The ESC (controller) needs to communicate with the M365 BMS (battery controller).
So you can either disassemble the original battery to get the BMS, buy an original M365 BMS or connect the additional battery pack in parallel with the original battery.

Here is a good guide how to connect an additional battery.
But, if I use another battery pack 36V, connect only the two power cables (red & black) with the same two from the original battery, I spouse the scooter will works fine, right?
Of course, I should remove and charge the extra battery outside, but the autonomy will increase without problems to the motor controller (from his side, he dont know, only receive 36-42V with the request current).

I think correct?
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?