An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
By lurkinglime
I came across an oddball Trike/Trikke T78 Air "Carving" Scooter at a local fundraiser/garage sale for $40. I managed to talk them down to $25, thinking it might be fun to tinker with. After notching out the forks for the hub motor axle, I realized it was too narrow. I found a larger fork available for more than I paid for the whole scooter. So I decided to rough it together for a proof of concept, before spending anything else on it. I flattened the inside of the fork tubes in a vise with a v-block on the outside. Then spread them out the remainder with some help from a scissor jack. It was still a bit of a wrestling match, but I managed to get an M365 hub motor installed. The battery, controller and complete handle bar assembly were literally just zip-tied in place to confirm it was going to work and be worthwhile. Even in this pathetically rough state, it's kinda awesome. It rolls around like you're on a chariot, and handles phenomenally. Now I'm going to order the larger front fork and install a 10" 350w motor I have. Then I'll have to come up with something that is hopefully more elegant for battery or batteries; possibly even making them swappable. I might end up making it all wheel drive, if I can figure out a way not to have 3 throttle levers. Also, the m365 throttle only fits the slotted bar extrustion, so I will need to work around that since these are solid bars. I'd be really interested in any ideas or tips anyone else has to offer. First thing I have to do is put all these parts back on my girl's m365 before she notices.
By lurkinglime
It's starting to get a bit better. I used aluminum extrusion to create a pair of swappable battery trays that also contain the controller. I attached 2 LED strips to the outer side of each. I'm running 2 X 30 cell batteries in parallel. I upgraded the front hub motor to a 10" 350w that seems to perform well and stay cool. There are mechanical brakes on both rear wheels, and regen on the front wheel. I made a new front fork for the larger wheel, and fabricated a custom aluminum mount for dual headlights using the original cut down front fork. There has been a lot of soldering and heatshrink for all the custom cabling. Also customized a drum clamp to hold my accessory handlebar with the throttle, since it requires a slotted bar. I still have to sort out my switches for the horn and lighting.

It folds up nice, but a bit heavy with the 2 batteries.

Last edited by lurkinglime on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By lurkinglime
Used the lathe, mill, and a fair bit of file work to create the aluminum pieces for this mount, then some all-thread and coupling nuts for final assembly. The coupling nuts give me a place to mount blinkers, if I ever figure out a solution for that.
I soldered some of the juliet style quick connects for the headlights.

Last edited by lurkinglime on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By lurkinglime
redacted
Last edited by lurkinglime on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Davidjkim22
Nice! Awesome project and nice craftmanship! I wish I knew someone with a lathe and just your overall knowledge that it seems you have with this stuff. What area are you from?
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]