An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
Dang, That's AWESOME!!

I just checked my local CraigsList and there's two Schwinn s350's under $40 and a Terminator (similar to Power Rider) for $50. All seem to have battery problems.

Now I'm debating on whether to try to hack an Old School scooter before my attempt at converting a 1980's 50cc slowped.

Just picked this up off of ebay. Dig the perfect patina. Im going to leave the finish as it is and maybe just clear coat it to preserve it. Itll need some custom work mechanically and some modification for sure....but ultimately I just want to find a place to stuff with as many 18650's as possible and bolt an electric motor up to this sh*t and thats it. Then Ill have a really cool little (and it is little) vintage retro mod scooter. Ill post as the project moves forward.
Looking forward to seeing this take shape. Love your stuff! Please keep us posted of pictures of your progress.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:07 am

Just picked this up off of ebay. Dig the perfect patina. Im going to leave the finish as it is and maybe just clear coat it to preserve it. Itll need some custom work mechanically and some modification for sure....but ultimately I just want to find a place to stuff with as many 18650's as possible and bolt an electric motor up to this sh*t and thats it. Then Ill have a really cool little (and it is little) vintage retro mod scooter. Ill post as the project moves forward.
Ahhh sh*t. Just found these fuckers for sale 25 miles away from my spot. Called the guy and going tomorrow to purchase them ( i hope! ) $1500 for the pair. Ill talk em down to $1000 I hope. Im good at that. Bought a lot of cars in my day. Its still alot of money but when Im done with em they will be worth 3-5 times that amount.....easy

Anyways.... THIS is a project. I would restore and convert them to electric drive. How dope would that be? sh*t.

So hey....and Im serious...if I get these motherf***ers is there anybody that lives in Los Angeles that wants to help me out with this sh*t? Ive got so many projects going I need a hand. Ill put up the cash thats no problem, what I need is a helper. Someone who knows something about restoration, is mechanically inclined and understands what it takes to convert to electric drive. You dont need to be an ace or anything...just smart, motivated, interested and available. And willing to help me work on these..... for free.
Ill break you off $$$omethin when (if) we eventually sell them but your take away will probably be experience and the fact that you can likely learn a lot from me.(not trying to have an over inflated ego, Ive just been in the game for a while, plus if I dont hype myself then theres less incentive for someone to help me...amyways....) Lets just say I know a thing or two about fixing sh*t. Ive been a tinkerer all my life and have a vast array of knowledge on different subjects. Kustom paint, electronics, welding, fabrication, engine building, upholstery, racing, firearms, custom firearms, locksmithing, machining, restoration, carpentry/woodworking, auto body, design, and business ownership are some of my more polished skills. Professionally, I am a master certified automotive technician. I worked for very high end manufacturers for many years before opening my own shop. I specialize in electrical work and diagnostics. I own a very successful auto repair shop and have all the tools we will need. On the side I am a kustom car builder with 6 high quality builds under my belt. Mostly lowriders. Couple of traditional kustoms too. My work has been in magazines and taken trophies at car shows.
I work full time at my shop so would be doing this sh*t on evenings and weekends. Im a night owl too, so I usually work really late into the night. If you are interested PM me. Tell me about yourself and maybe we could meet sometime and talk about it. I am even toying with the idea of opening an electric bike/scooter/etc shop. The time to do that would be now, while the scooter craze is still fresh but going full force ahead, Who knows where this could take us.

And please understand, I DO NOT BULLSHIT. Im dead serious about this sh*t so please be respectful and dont bullshit me or waste my time. Thats some sh*t I dont like.
Hope to hear from one of you guys. This sh*t will be a lot of fun I think.
Heres pics of the scooters that got me on this idea.
I will leave early to purchase them tomorrow unless someone else scoops em up. Hopefully that dont happen.
By 365GUY
Dam those will be sold quick, everyone out in Cali wants something retro but modern

Nice find.. and I hope you find someone to help you out. That’s exactly how I got my first job at a VW engine builder back in high school. I busted my *ss 5 days a week changing oil and tear downs but I had a VW bug that would embarrass mustang 5.0s. That little car got me in so much trouble.
I hope there are still kids out there that will work hard for experience and not expect to be treated like a child.

Keep us updated on these, maybe I can lend a hand at some point and kick it in LA for a week or something.
Sounds like we got a lot in common, M365guy. I never f***ed with internet forums either. And of all things, it took f**king electric scooters to get me on one.Haha. Who woulda thought?
And I also came up early working in shops. Been turning wrenches since I was 15 years old. I own my own workshop here in LA now. The auto industry has been good to me. Now maybe Ill think of expanding into electric mobility. Dont know.
But its weird....or maybe I just like the change of pace...but my lowriders are gathering dust while I f**k with these scooters. I really enjoy it for some reason. All the homies give me a hard time about it. hahaha. But its fun.
And the sh*t is interesting. Electric motors are so much simpler and so much faster than internal combustion engines. And now that battery technology is good enough to satisfy a reasonable power to weight ratio, the sky is the limit. Literally, the skys the limit....you read about electric airplanes? Now theres some sh*t.
Anyway weve gone way off topic here. Sorry fellas. And enough with the bromance. But its good talkin to ya and thanks for helpin me call out that f**king hater on the other thread. Ill post more about those big scooters once I get em. I gotta go out there in a few and try to buy em. lates
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?