An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
By dustydog256
James1234James wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 am
Took me longer than I expected. Doesn't work with the app yet but its working!

I attempted to do this with a Jump scooter and the rear brake lights just flashed and flashed, I liked that the jump scooter had a better front tire, but that is a pain in the butt to swap, but I did jack my extended battery off of the jump I acquired and put it on my bird
By dustydog256
We have figured out how to "paint" our scooters:

We took black vinyl and covered the shaft and my wife used her vinyl cutting machine to add designs to hers. I do not know what I want to put on mine yet.

We also acquired some jump scooters at auction and took their additional battery and mounted it so now we have a 27 mile range!
By James1234James
dustydog256 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:53 pm
James1234James wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 am
Took me longer than I expected. Doesn't work with the app yet but its working!

I attempted to do this with a Jump scooter and the rear brake lights just flashed and flashed, I liked that the jump scooter had a better front tire, but that is a pain in the butt to swap, but I did jack my extended battery off of the jump I acquired and put it on my bird
Yeah, so once you have the jump base simple take the bird post and attach it to the jump base... easy.

dustydog256 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:57 pm
We have figured out how to "paint" our scooters:

We took black vinyl and covered the shaft and my wife used her vinyl cutting machine to add designs to hers. I do not know what I want to put on mine yet.

We also acquired some jump scooters at auction and took their additional battery and mounted it so now we have a 27 mile range!
Looks awesome!! Im not sure if to remove the BIRD or not. I feel like its less likely to be stolen if left outside with a BIRD logo.
By 07Gevish

Alrighty almost finished but that's what it is right now. And yes the front motor on it is from Birds Zero.. the difference in power is night and day even with custom software.
By jventura
@07Gevish

Any more guiding tips on your Bird Zero wheel conversions? Wheel conversion with stock firmware makes a difference or only with custom firmware?

My fear with custom firmware is reading that range is lost and when returning to stock, the range is still lost. I know there is parts out there but what do you recommend?
By 07Gevish
jventura wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:26 pm
@07Gevish

Any more guiding tips on your Bird Zero wheel conversions? Wheel conversion with stock firmware makes a difference or only with custom firmware?

My fear with custom firmware is reading that range is lost and when returning to stock, the range is still lost. I know there is parts out there but what do you recommend?
Even without the custom software you will feel vast difference in acceleration and power delivery. Now the zero motor is much more efficient than stock one so with some range that you would normally lose with custom firmware and stock motor, you would make it back up using zero one. To be honest i think not much change in range from completely stock one.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]