An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
By 07Gevish
derlwaller wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:03 am
Are the Lime S motors the same as a bird zero?
Similar but not the same... Not sure about power output but just in size the lime motor is a bit wider....
By Bird_of_prey
@LAskooter213 I'm doing 4 scooters right now. I had one sent for chrome dipping too. I saw yoirs and cant wait. What paint are you using? And nkre importantly, that shine you have on them.. What kind of gloss? I have an air conpressor with pneumatic gravity fed paint gun and some nozzles but I have no idea what paint and gloss to use.
By LAskooter213
I use all kinds of paint on the scooters, but generally House of Kolor paint products are my favorite. I use their clear coat exclusively (part number USC01). I have been mixing metal flake and different pigments with clear coat to get a lot of the cool effects I do on the scooters. You cant tell from the pictures, but a couple of the scooters have a "color flop" meaning that they change color depending on the angle you view them from.
Working with paint products like this does take some practice, a good HVLP paint gun, and the material is not cheap so I might recommend going with something a little more basic if youre just getting into custom painting. You can achieve some real cool effects right out of a spray can. Check out these products.....all of which can be found on Amazon.com.

1) Kustom Canz spray paint. They have all types of cool paint. From flakes to pearls these guys have a ton of super cool sh*t. And it shoots right out of a spray can. Super easy. Professional results. Just be sure to read and follow then directions.
2) SprayMax 2k Glamour Clear . This can of clear coat paint has a bladder inside with hardener in it, so when you are ready to use the can you push this button on the bottom of the can, it breaks the bladder and the 2 materials inside are allowed to mix. This is ideal because 2 part paint is much more durable and has a nicer gloss than 1 part paint. Make sure to get the "glamour" clear...it has a super high gloss and will make your base coat look super rich and deep. Spray 2-3 coats, the last coat as heavy as you can without running the paint. Let it dry over night and youll be impressed with he results.

Ill do a write up on some paint techniques soon and hopefully inspire some people to create some awesome scooters. Gimme a few days. Ill post it on this thread.

Good luck.
By LAskooter213
One more thing.....you dont have to chrome plate the scooter unless youre really set on it....the aluminum will polish up to a chrome-like shine with a little (a lot) of elbow grease and a couple of buffing wheels. It takes a little while to polish, but its cheap and it looks amazing.
By joeyfreshwater
LAskooter213 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:32 pm
I use all kinds of paint on the scooters, but generally House of Kolor paint products are my favorite. I use their clear coat exclusively (part number USC01). I have been mixing metal flake and different pigments with clear coat to get a lot of the cool effects I do on the scooters. You cant tell from the pictures, but a couple of the scooters have a "color flop" meaning that they change color depending on the angle you view them from.
Working with paint products like this does take some practice, a good HVLP paint gun, and the material is not cheap so I might recommend going with something a little more basic if youre just getting into custom painting. You can achieve some real cool effects right out of a spray can. Check out these products.....all of which can be found on Amazon.com.

1) Kustom Canz spray paint. They have all types of cool paint. From flakes to pearls these guys have a ton of super cool sh*t. And it shoots right out of a spray can. Super easy. Professional results. Just be sure to read and follow then directions.
2) SprayMax 2k Glamour Clear . This can of clear coat paint has a bladder inside with hardener in it, so when you are ready to use the can you push this button on the bottom of the can, it breaks the bladder and the 2 materials inside are allowed to mix. This is ideal because 2 part paint is much more durable and has a nicer gloss than 1 part paint. Make sure to get the "glamour" clear...it has a super high gloss and will make your base coat look super rich and deep. Spray 2-3 coats, the last coat as heavy as you can without running the paint. Let it dry over night and youll be impressed with he results.

Ill do a write up on some paint techniques soon and hopefully inspire some people to create some awesome scooters. Gimme a few days. Ill post it on this thread.

Good luck.
thanks for the free game...
By 07Gevish
derlwaller wrote:I was wondering if anyone had swapped out a Lime S motor on a M365 and had a power boost, similar to the bird zero swap. They look identical (lime S motor and Bird Zero motor). If anyone does do it , let us know how it goes!! Thanks DW

https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/d ... 337459.jpg
https://www.bird.co/wp-content/uploads/ ... omfort.jpg
I've tried but it did quite the opposite. Was very slow around 10mph...max. but getting it into a m365 fork was a challenge in itself lol.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]